[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is depression a contributing factor to weight gain?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: wizard.png (101KB, 1627x906px) Image search: [Google]
wizard.png
101KB, 1627x906px
Is depression a contributing factor to weight gain?
>>
>>40805725
chemically? no
>>
Bulking through depression, huh? Interesting strategy.
>>
>>40805725
IIRC it can slow metabolism, but that would account for like 100 calories IF that.

Weight gain via depression is due to people eating more and getting that endorphin rush from the brain.
>>
>>40805725
Every bad decision can be blamed on bullshit reasons. It's the same thing for drug use. Once you look at the situation logically you see how fucking stupid it is. Mind you, this is coming from a former addict/skinny fat. Boohoo I lost my job, I know, I'll smoke an eighth of weed or eat a tub of ice cream! That'll help! No. When you're at your lowest is when you need to stay the fuck focused on being productive and actually fix the shit that's depressing you.
>>
absolutely, depression and weight gain are bidirectionally related. explain what you mean by "chemically"
>>
depends on the person. some people will eat more as a comfort, some people will next to nothing.
>>
wait are we talking about clinical level depression or transient everyperson depression
>>
I gained 30kg when I got depressed in the end of the university.
>>
For me depression makes me lose weight.

What depression does is it can push you to give up on your goals, and give up on trying.
>>
File: dos.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
dos.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>40805904
>>
>>40805725
For me my depression gives me no appetite. I just feel down and shitty and thinking of food makes it worse.
>>
>>40806894
This.
My depression gives me anxiety so I constantly feel like I'm about to puke, and it's hard to eat normally.

Also I often can't be bothered to go and eat, and I'd rather be hungry and skip the meal than go through the hassle of forcing food down my throat.
>>
>>40805725
Its an excuse fat people use for their slothful gluttonous behaviours.
>>
>>40805725
Does for me. I tend to eat more to fight the depressing feelings. Eating food does provide a certain level of happiness, endocrinology-wise.

Depends how severe, anyway. Generally if I'm going through a heavier set of depression I won't eat anything for sometimes days at a time.
>>
>>40805789
>2017
>not lifting your heavy Feels
You must be new here.
>>
>>40805725
No its the other way around.
Weight gain is a contributing factor to depression.
A healthy diet and excerxise is clinically proven to reduce depression and weight.
>>
File: 1488208233602.jpg (211KB, 1455x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1488208233602.jpg
211KB, 1455x2048px
Could be. But the other way around is guaranteed, being obese leads to depression, almost always.

It's very simple, blood flow in brain is impaired while being fat and other negatives such as sleep apnea which causes pretty much always depression
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.