[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Joint pain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3785.jpg (56KB, 600x449px)
IMG_3785.jpg
56KB, 600x449px
I've noticed that I'm starting to get pains just from moving weights around. For example doing, decline close grip bench (for triceps with an EZ bar), getting the Bar from a starting position to above my chest whilst I lie down is awkward. Same with doing standing tricep extensions and I need to put the weight down. Or if I'm grabbing a pre-weighted barbell of the rack and the one I want is on a higher rack. It's an awkward movement.

I honestly think these little pains I'm getting in my joints (Wrists, shoulders, etc.) is from manoeuvring the weights around to get to my starting positions. How do I help this?
>>
Nothing? I really need advice here /fit I thought you guys were smart
>>
How long have you been training?
Have you been doing the same routine daily?
Are you being careful during your movements?
Are you absolutely sure that your form is correct?

Give me more info, i can help.
>>
>>40790610
Same guy.

If you are getting pain behind your elbow, then you may be developing tennis elbow. Look it up, and exercises to combat it.

A common cause for tennis elbow on weight lifters is the excesive development of the bicep, without the proper development of the brachioradialis muscle.

For this specific pain, which i suffered myself, you need to focus on doing AT LEAST the same amount of reverse curls, as you do curls. Do static hangs too (do a pullup but stay at the top as long as you can).

Look up how to do face pulls, they will help to remove any imbalance you may have on your shoulders.

For your wrist, you have to dedicate much more time to developing your forearm. Also, take care while using a computer, you may be on the way to develop carpal tunnel syndrome.

Really take some time to define what you do during the day that may put unnecessary strain your joints.
>>
>>40790675
A very important aspect that a lot of people neglect of weight training is the strengthening of the ligaments and tendons.

Most of the time, people will start gaining strength and immediately want to start moving up the weights. But many times this is not the best route to take.

Tendons and ligaments (joints) only become stronger during time under tension on a movement with a healthy range of motion.

Perhaps what you need is to lower your weight and focus on moving the weight slowly. Maybe you will not progress as fast, but you will make sure that your body is healthy and that you are able to sustain your routine for years to come.
>>
>>40790610
>>40790675
>>40790717
It's not so much my elbow, but the wrist advice I'll take for sure. I have been spending a lot of time on my laptop and it does aggravate it.

I've been lifting for about 2 and 1/2 months, just a beginner still. I do understand the importance of form, my dad used to lift in his 20's and he's drummed form into me ever since I mentioned I've been going. I'm also drinking 2 litres of water a day, and eating plenty of carbs and protein. Aiming for around 2100 calories per day
>>
>>40790610
And I get no pain DURING the exercise, only when moving stuff around. My routines are consistent also, sticking to a routine since the start
>>
>>40790416

look up beef tendon stew. Not kidding. Go find it and make it and enjoy your brand new joints.
>>
>>40790838
I'm getting Chinese recipes
>>
>>40790859

chinese, korean, asian it all works.
>>
>>40790830
Well then maybe you are locking out your joints while moving stuff around. Or maybe you are moving a lot of weight. Treat the "moving stuff around" as the exercise itself, do it with good form,tighten your core, firm grip etc. etc.

Take your routine and look for example videos of people doing each excercise. More than one, so you know you are doing it correctly.

Some good channels on jewtube are Athlean-X and Mike Thurston. They have great advice on form, check them out.
>>
>>40790675
Excellent advice. I had tennis elbow a while back and reverse curls, stretching, and time took care of it. Also had a baf case of shoulder impingement that made me almost quit benching, realized my grip was fat too narrow and added external rotation warmups everyday until it went away completely, took me like 2 weeks.
>>
>>40790935
Thanks dude, I'll give them a look and see how they do.

>>40790921
And I'm not a great cook, but I'll try anything to help this pain out
>>
File: Screenshot_10.png (678KB, 415x593px)
Screenshot_10.png
678KB, 415x593px
A dozen raw eggs a day
Eat them whole, with the shell of course
There is nothing better for joint health.
>>
File: Screenshot_9.png (406KB, 472x564px)
Screenshot_9.png
406KB, 472x564px
>>40791163
The funny thing about Lenny's advice is that there is a study published confirming egg shell membrane's are good for joint health
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.