[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weak Hand Grip - Is a Gripper worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: images (8).jpg (6KB, 186x233px)
images (8).jpg
6KB, 186x233px
I've been lifting for a while, but my hand grip strength is noticably weak, I'm wondering if one of these is worth it for when I'm watching movies or something along those lines.

Are they even effective?
>>
>>40789487
>Are they even effective?
yeah
>>
>>40789487
No.
>>
>>40789533
There is a huge selection, not sure what to buy though.

Looking fit is all nice and well, but I have a fucking terrible handshake for one, what is the point of looking fit if you don't have a comparable grip
>>
>>40789557
Make up your mind
>>
>>40789487
FARMER'S WALKS

HEAVY PULLS (DEADS AND RACK/BLOCK/etc)

GOOGLE WRIST ROLLER AND FEEL REAL PAIN
>>
After your heaviest deadlift set do a set of static holds
>>
>>40789560
A lot of people seem to like the Captains of Crush ones. I think they have more poundage.
>>
>>40789487
Just wank more.
>>
How do you have grip strength left after a normal workout
>>
>>40789782
I'm not entirely sure how strong I am in terms of squeeze hand strength, there seems to be anything from 50 lbs to 200 lbs.
>>
>>40789656
Not OP but I'm struggling to even complete my final set of my heaviest deadlift cause I can't even keep hold of it
>>
File: 20170321_175159.jpg (2MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170321_175159.jpg
2MB, 2160x2160px
>>40789560
>>40789487

If you want to get a grip strength trainer go with Captains of Crush, I think a #1 is 145 lbs.

What I would really recommend is a rice bucket. Professional baseball players use buckets of rice to achieve joocy forearms. Just look up rice bucket exercises or some shit. My bucket has done FAR more justice for my grip strength than my CoC trainer.

>pic related, it's probably going to be sideways because who knows
>>
>>40789487
They are for films.....powerballs for walking....
>>
would farmers walks with 35 pound plates do anything?
>>
No, those fucked my hands
>>
farmer walks
go very heavy
>>
>>40790249
If you are weak enough.
>>
>>40789487

There's multiple things you have to train to increase grip. Google should give you plenty of ideas.

Pinch is fun. If you have pancake plates these are good. What I do at work is grab a box of material (sheet acrylic usually) and pinch that and walk with it. It's usually about 150+ ft with a 20-30lb package. Cardboard feels really slippery about halfway in

Another one, and this one can be done forearm supported or not. Take something in the 5-15 lb range. Hold it out in front of you and grip that shit like you're choking the bitch that just cheated on you. Go for time. I use anything I can find in the 1.5-3" range

Bonus round: get a small piece of sheet plastic that is slippery that has adhesive backing. UHMW is good for this. Attach to object, grip (pinch grip is awesome) at plastic, achieve gains
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.