[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1487414793943.jpg (62KB, 593x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487414793943.jpg
62KB, 593x1024px
Is this accurate? I've been doing around 8 reps for each set I do so that I can get that juicy strength and size. Are there any good videos on this subject that you could link?
>>
More studies show that rep ranges don't matter that much, the absolute biggest factor of hypertrophy is progressive overload, and more science points towards more volume being better to a certain degree. Omar Isuf and Jeff Nippard is imo the best fitness channels on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytl8JBJabkM
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNJoL4jdGTs
>>
File: PcCw3il.jpg (73KB, 750x865px) Image search: [Google]
PcCw3il.jpg
73KB, 750x865px
>>40788408
>>40788396
Thanks brahs
>>
>>40788396
This.

Also though, the real reason 8-12 is commonly cited as the range for mass, is not because there's something special about doing 8 or more reps.

Its based on studies that assumed a certain tempo when lifting. A tempo that allows the best time under tension (TUT) to be achieved in each set. TUT is what is actually important for getting in the volume for optimal muscle growth. 8-12 reps just means you're more likely to hit that. But if you did 5 reps at a super slow tempo to match the TUT of an 8 rep set, you would essentially be getting the same results.

If you're blasting a 12 rep set out in 20 seconds then you're not actually getting the stimulus that the original idea for 8-12 was based on.
>>
>>40788464
what is the optimal TUT for growth?
how long hould 8-12 rep take?
>>
>>40788685

40-50 seconds seems to be the sweet spot I think.
>>
>>40788715
dope, thanks anon
>>
Innacurate, 7 reps does nothing
>>
>>40788346
Holy shit that is a bad diagram.not a single number just shades of blue
>>
>>40790377
Dubs speak the truth.

Seriously, that diagram sucks dick. Also it isn't really accurate, once again as some other /fit/izen said above, the thing that matters is total time under tension. I'm not a huge fan of athlean-x videos (not for any reason other than him being annoying to me) but he's spot on about time under tension. You'll also get a sweet pump if you do drop sets and observe proper TUT.
>>
>>40788464
Holy shit, really? That makes sense then... no wonder I get a bigger pump when I do slower tricep extensions
>>
File: 1471762710202.jpg (118KB, 877x727px) Image search: [Google]
1471762710202.jpg
118KB, 877x727px
>>40788346
>>
>>40790467
If I do 6.5 reps I get no gainz? Fuck dude.
>>
File: 1486947852237.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1486947852237.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>40790467
Kek
>>
>>40788346
No, because there is no such thing as 'pure' any type of lifting

What really differentiates hypertrophy training and strength training is not the reps as much as the time. Someone who is doing hyper properly is going for about 3 sets at 12 reps for 45 seconds per set. It drains your muscles progressively and the final reps are the ones that really tear the whole muscle as they are fatigued.

I was a fucking moron for my first three months of lifting, doing my bench presses in 20 to 30 seconds. I thought it was working because i was using a heavy weight and I was struggling on the last rep. It wasnt until I learned about timing that I started using a lighter weight, but for a longer time to hit that 45 mark. Never had a burn the day after like I did from that session.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.