[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just got back from my first workout... just about ever did four

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Dedos_de_la_mano_(no_labels).jpg (44KB, 722x491px) Image search: [Google]
Dedos_de_la_mano_(no_labels).jpg
44KB, 722x491px
just got back from my first workout... just about ever

did four sets of 12 rep 25lb squat, four sets of 12 rep 25lb curl up, 1 set 12 reps 100lb alternating rows, 12 reps 5 sets db-bench.

...my arms weren't hurting too much, but my wrists/fingers were fucking *killing* me. what do I do? what did I do? how do I stop this from happening again?
>>
bumping because i dont want to be scrawny forever
>>
Why tf are you doing 4x12 squats on you first workout?

You didn't fall for the "hypertrophy range" meme, did you?
>>
>>40783133
i'unno. they take like two or three seconds each and doing only five felt mildly retarded

same goes for the db-benches.
>>
>>40783098
Youre gonna die tommorow anon. Your legs will hurt for a good fucking week guarantee.
>>
>>40783169
OH. DB-squats, not bar squats.

Forgot to specify. Sorry.
>>
>>40783169
okay, a little sore. but not the legs. legs are fine
>>
>>40783163
I think that you should post a form check in the SQT if twelve reps of squats take five seconds
>>
>>40783297
ea, not total lmao
>>
lift more and do fewer reps, each rep should feel like a real struggle esp the first few times you work out to really get the ball rolling. next time try 5x6 of, say, 40lb squat, adjust other lifts accordingly. oh and don't just fucking dive into that weight right from the start, do some warmups with lighter weights and see how they feel
>>
>>40783163
>doing only five felt mildly retarded
lift heavier weight you shit eating faggot
>>
Dont want to start a new thred so Ill use this one as its kinda related
Im doing 5x5 stronglifts and I think Im done with adding +5kg every workout and Ive hit weights that I finally feel when working out and the day after.
I stopped at
50kg squat
40kg bench
55kg deadlift
35kg barbell row
25kg ohp
How shit is this for a total couch potato fat ass beginner?
>>
>>40783098
After my first gym workout I was legit sore for a week, breathing hurt LOL
>>
>>40783098
Sounds like shit form plus you holding the bar wrong.
>>
>>40784104
Any weight is good when you begin, what's important is the progression.
>>
When you hold or push things using a twisting force with your grip so the pressure partially rests on the outside of your palm. The pad on the side without the thumb, imagine your bending the bar with a twidting grip.
>>
>>40784104
keep it up anon you'll feel like such a man
>>
>>40783098
Jesus fucking christ. Are you a girl? You type like a retarded female and that routine is a fucking joke.

Read the sticky, get on a real routine, then fucking kys
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.