[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get that Metabolic rate a-goin'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170320_051345.jpg (324KB, 1280x745px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170320_051345.jpg
324KB, 1280x745px
I need some help. My metabolism has nope'd out on me and I'm getting big. I work out when I get the chance. But I'm getting a double chin and general weight increase. I'm a college student so I eat fast food and microwave stuff a lot. But no amount of cardio and push-sit-pull ups are helping. How do I get my metobolic rate outta the gutter so I can focus on pumping iron?
>>
Intermittent fasting
>>
>>40782166
Sweet. What would you recommend my fasting schedule be?
>>
>>40782156
Metabolic rates hardly vary between humans. Even "muh thyroid" has a marginal effect. Fix your diet you fat faggot. Your diet is why you're fat. Abusing stimulants and DNP may help in the short term, but you'll balloon up again as soon as you stop them if you don't fix your degenerate diet.
>>
>>40782280
Salty. But note taken
What would you recommend? I'm restricted on time for a lot. Hence, my problem. What are some quick healthy meals I can make quickly?
>>
File: 1489588658679.jpg (158KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489588658679.jpg
158KB, 1080x1080px
>>40782156
This anon is correct >>40782280
Not having the willpower to avoid consistently gaining weight won't go away. You should focus on that, first.

You need to simply work on your diet, and if you can't then focus on a calorie deficit with a lot of protein.
>>
>>40782280
This.

"I have a slow metabolism" is just as much a meme as "I'm fat because of genetics".
>>
Not op but good motivation for me gg
>>
>>40782288
You can microwave potatoes and they come out exactly like baked potatoes if you get the time right. They get a crust if you put them in too long and stay raw on the outside if you don't microwave them long enough, though.

Eggs are also quick and easy if you have a stove. Same for frozen veggies.
>>
>>40782288
Also, got a freezer? Cook something healthy once a week, freeze the stuff, eat the same thing for a week. This takes maybe two hours and saves you a lot of time over the week.
>>
>>40782512
Thanks anon. I'll start doing that instead. I'll report back soon.
>>
>>40782288
>I'm restricted on time for a lot.

Correct this presupposition. There is no reason for dieting to always result in more time being spent on food. Your choices in foods and how you prepare affect the time spent but there is absolutely no rule that eating less junk requires more time.

Logically, if you were to eat the same stuff as before but simply less of everything in equal proportions, you'd be gaining time since you'll be spending slightly less time on chewing and swallowing. In practice, changing your diet to lose weight requires some time commitment for thinking about your food choices and coming up with a plan. But that's only until you figure out your routine. You can choose to use foods that take no longer to prepare than what you were eating before.

When figuring out quick-to-prepare meals, you can mostly ignore recipes from cooking sites. They are designed with taste being the biggest priority and time, difficulty and price being only secondary. What you want is to pick foods based on price and nutrition and afterwards figure out a way to make them edible. Your basic cooking methods are frying and boiling. Lots of foods can be heated in the microwave too. Most cooking only requires a few minutes of actually standing and doing things while most of the time is spent waiting for stuff to boil or fry.

Fat and salt are the main ways to make anything delicious. Make bigger meals so you can concentrate your daily allotments of those into them. You can season rice with simply oil/margarine and salt and it's great. Add boiled eggs or fried chicken breast for protein. Whey concentrate with oats makes for a milky-sweet oatmeal when cooked in the microwave with just water. Don't add too much water, it's best that it's cake-like in consistency once cooked and not watery porridge.
>>
>>40782156
Cytomel T3
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.