[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Posture thread? How did you fix your anterior pelvic tilt? And

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 6-badd.jpg (36KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
6-badd.jpg
36KB, 500x350px
Posture thread?

How did you fix your anterior pelvic tilt? And approximately how long did it take?
>>
>>40781726
You probably don't have one, everyone's spine curves a little, show pics
>>
>stand in good posture
>LOL ANON WHY DO YOU LOOK LIKE UR ABOUT TO TRY AND BEAT SOMEONE UP TOUGH GUY??
>go back to Thoracic Kyphosis
>>
>>40782695
this
I always thought my posture was good
even used to train Pilates for a while, nobody said anything

few days ago, researching stuff and I clearly have slight Thoracic Kyphosis. Simple back and abs stretches on a foam roll make me look way better
>>
>>40782695
I'm an oldfag on this I suppose just turned 28, but no fucking joke sitting and walking like this in high school I had so many chicks ask me if I worked out when I first started lifting. Those comments gave me confidence and girls and life came easy after that.
>>
>>40782695
so this is common? i was once called out by someone on the train for "standing like a superhero"
>>
>>40781726
I've been trying to fix my APT for like 3 months, and I haven't really had much success so far. Hip flexor stretches don't seem to be doing much, if anything.
>>
>>40782935
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1sfPfsESDQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-CrEi0ymMg&t=248s
>>
As a result of a birth defect in one eye that was not able to be fully corrected surgically, I had to hold my head higher to not see double. It produced a weakness in my lower back that presented as chronic pain once I had a sedentary job. I was on the verge of drinking myself to death when I found a physiatrist who taught me how to heal. It took about a year and a half to get completely pain-free and I have to do the exercises regularly.
>>
Do glute bridges, hyper extensions, and zercher squats in place of your normal squats. When you stand still flex your glutes. Also when training abs dont do movements like captains chair that uses the hip flexors, better off doing movements like planks and ab wheel. Also in general cut deadlifts until you have really good posture, the three exercises above will cover pretty much everything deadlifts have to offer with less asymmetry. Once your posture is fixed then deadlifts become beneficial to maintaining it
>>
>>40782935
If you have any degree of kyphosis or forward head then your lumbar spine will always tilt back a bit to compensate.
>>
>>40782935
APT may be a sympthome. Download "Becoming a Supple Leopard" and learn how to brace yourself. Also APT sounds like a new meme.
>>
>>40783842
Everything is a meme to retards on fit. APT stands for Anterior Pelvic Tilt which is, as the name suggests, tilting of the hip bone caused by sitting at the computer too much. It curves your lower back more than it should be curved at neutral posture and makes your gut bulge out.
>>
>>40784055
Jesus, I know what APT means, but poor position of pelvis and back is not necessarily caused by short hip flexors. On /fit/ everybody with poor posture thinks that he has APT. Same thing with low test.
>>
File: 1489069041237.jpg (85KB, 444x446px)
1489069041237.jpg
85KB, 444x446px
>>40782844
Top kek
Good posture is frightening to normies
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.