[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys even bother with stretching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

Do you guys even bother with stretching?
>>
yeah. at some point my body looked really stiff and that's when i started doing research on what stretches to do. i do 10 mins of dynamic streches before and 20 mins if static after.
i hate it and it's really boring but you should do it if you dont want to hurt yourself in the long run.
>>
>tfw too intelligent to stretch
>>
Yes
How are you supposed to squat heavy without ankle mobility
>>
>>40776387
Im naturally very flexible
>>
>>40776101
I stretch the shit out of my hips, hip flexor, quads and knee joints before squatting. If I don't, something usually goes "pop" when I warm up and the session leaves me aching. If I do the warm up, I'm fine.
>>
i can't do a lot of stretches

for some reason any stretch that involves my legs being straight gives me a really intense and painful burning sensation in my calves

tfw can't even touch toes
>>
nah. im young and can bounce back pretty easily. I want to try to do the splits though.
>>
>>40776101
I stretch simply doing everyday things, like picking shit up, playing with my kid, reparing shit at work.
>>
>>40776504
I think that's supposed to happen. It happens for me at least, just go through the pain faggot
>>
>>40776560
is it normal to hurt that much though? i start to tear up after like 3 seconds
>>
>>40776101
I stretch a lot b/c I cannot stop getting tendinitis in my hips, and every time it starts up my squats and DLs numbers get raped for months while I heal
>>
>>40776504
It is because your legs are super tight, that is what stretches are for
>>
I do agile 8 as I'm op's pic every time before I lift. I also run the texas method for about a year now
>>
>>40776101
I do, before and after every workout.
>>
op should have made a poll and included what age you are.
>>
>>40776504
>I can't stretch because I'm inflexible

I bet you can't lift weights because you're weak.
>>
>>40776504
That means you REALLY need to stretch you posterior chain
>>
>>40776101
no. The doctor told me that I am too flexible
>>
stationary bike for 15-20 mins + light stretching before and after workout. do warmups ramping up to working weight and everything is good
>>
>>40776101
every day

desu i probably feel the benefits of it in my day-to-day life more than i do lifting
>>
>>40776504

Used to be the same way. Burned through the pain because I am not a sissy and now I can touch knees to forehead with my legs straight and that only took like 3 weeks.
>>
Yes I still have poor flexibility (can't touch my toes) most days I do Alan thrills mobility drill after working out. I rarely do much to warmup or stretch before hand. I always foam roll my legs after cardio
>>
>>40776101
Yes.

It helps with keeping properly functioning muscles. Although not stretching does not lead to any detriments of muscle.
Im not sure if its proven but stretching the Z disk or the myosin and actin filaments help realign any fibers that may be in areas where they shouldn't be. But I'm not totally sure on this, I just remember it vaguely.
>>
Every time I lift + about once-twice a week before bed. For squats and deads I really like Chris Duffin's warm-up routine as it's adductor and abductor oriented. I also do a lot of warm-up sets.

For presses I do the following, all with a resistance band:
Face pulls
Over and backs
External rotations
Rows
Pull-aparts

Both routines have helped me make PRs despite shoulder and groin issues.
>>
>>40777715
Forgot the fucking link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN6HAheRHYQ
>>
I just roll around on the floor like a possum until I'm nimble.
Since doing this I can stretch my tongue to touch my elbow.
>>
>>40776101
protip static stretching before exercise is stupid and potentially dangerous.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.