[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to stretch my lower back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7733.jpg (304KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7733.jpg
304KB, 1152x2048px
Hey /fit/, I haven't been here in forever and I need help. I have the dumbest back, I just can't get that shit straight while sitting up (pic related).
How do I stretch that?
I have the feeling, that whenever I bend, I bend at the lower back and not at my hips, if that makes sense.
Any ideas on what I could do?
>>
Yeah dude you're going to have to strengthen your abs and upper back. Your photo looks shopped or something, but I know what you mean about bending your lower back. Your hamstrings- and glutes are probably right.. they need to be looser/stronger so that you can bend at the hip. Your core shouldn't really bend.
>>
What really helped me was squats and deadlifts and weight gain
>>
Wouldnt that be related to your hips? I havent a clue about any of this shit but I feel like my hips engage when straightening that out. Fuck if I know
>>
>>40775858
Squats and Deadlifts not really an option rn b/c of time and money. Doing high intensity bodyweight cardio bs three to four times a week...
Should I stretch and do more core exercises? Also what stretches should I do?
Pic unfortunately not shopped btw
>>
You're stuck in posterior pelvic tilt which is making your lumbar stuck in a flexion position and your thoracic is stuck in extension.

Most people have the opposite of this problem (they're stuck in posterior pelvic tilt, too much lumbar extension and stuck in thoracic flexion)

Do some research on how to get yourself out of posterior pelvic and the rest will fall in line.
>>
>>40776024
Ment to say most people have anterior pelvic tilt**
>>
your hamstring are tight from sitting all day
>>
Ab exercises and core stability work.
Also stretch hamstrings and post hip at least 3 times a day 3 sets of 30 secs each. Stay away from lots of lumbar extension exercises like rack pulls, reverse hyperextensions, deadlifts etc. even though that sounds like the wrong thing to do.
>>
>>40776116
Pelvic tilt exercises are also pretty good, as well as hip flexor stretches too.
>>
I didn't feel like typing much today but OP you got me. I just went to an RMT for lower back pain and she really helped me and explained a lot.

1. stretch your glutes and hips and hammies. It's all connected.
2. Stand in a door frame with your toes aligned with the frame. Put both hands on the side of the frame (pick a side to start with) . Put the foot on your hands' side just behind your other foot. Lean away from your hands with your hips. Repeat on the other side. Sorry for no photo but really don't feel like it. This helped me stretch my QL. There's a spot in the lower back where QL and erector spinae meet and this spot can get particularly tense.
3. Get on all fours. While keepin the rest of your body in about the same position, walk your hands over to one side until your upper body is about 90 degrees from your lower body.
4. When you're in a position to do tricep dips with your feet resting on the floor, arch your back and lift up with your shoulders. I find this does the middle portion nicely.

Good luck
>>
Hey guys, thank you very much for all the helpful post and the high quality of answers! Really appreciate all the help!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.