[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steroid/PED use "nearing crisis levels"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Anyone else REALLY fucked off by this story?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/38884801

Mainly aimed at UK folk here, not brainwashed Yanks who think steroid use in general is "cheating".

Why is this a problem?

Firstly, steroid/PED use is "cheating" if you're playing a sport and gaining an unfair advantage. But this is hardly a legal issue. Kick the person out of the league/club they're playing for.

Secondly, in amateur sports, does it fucking matter? I know amateur football teams who will gain a massive advantage if fat Barry who plays in defence hasn't had his usual heavy weekend on the beers. The extra gain they'd get if one or two players are on gear is negligible. Plus, it's just a bit of fucking fun. We're not talking about doctors or research scientists here.

The issue here is that even in the UK (probably due to our mass importing of US culture - which is otherwise a good thing IMO) we have this same stupid attitude towards steroid/PED use "in public" - we won't be honest about it, even though deep down we know its fine.

But not only is it REALLY fucking annoying the government is wasting public money researching this shit, but there are also calls to make them illegal. Why?

The fact is, such drugs are only dangerous if used incorrectly. Steroid use for example is perfectly safe if you do it properly. Yet people, especially young guys, often damage their health due to not having the right info and education. Why not simply divert funds into educating people instead? Wouldn't that make much more sense?

Can anyone think of any way to raise awareness about this? Surely there's some way to fight the corner for safe and legal steroid/PED use? It could save lives. It could certainly save serious injury/health issues for a few guys I know, who took steroids without even spending 5 minutes doing a bit of research, one of whom lost a good chunk of his leg...
>>
>>40771823
why would the government want people becoming more agressive, manly and bigger?

why would the government want the average male to need ~4000calories a day?
>>
>>40772339
Aggression is a myth.

Being bigger and requiring more food helps the government - more taxes from a wide range of sources if people buy more food.

In short though - it should be none of their fucking business. If they are going to intervene or meddle or fund anything, it should be education on the safe use of steroids. Because if you're not a fucking idiot and do your research, it is indeed perfectly safe.
>>
>>40772447
>aggression is a myth
yes increasing the levels of testosterone in your body will surely not increase aggression
get out dyel faggot
>>
>>40771823
>Secondly, in amateur sports, does it fucking matter?
Yes, fuck off I'm not losing because some cunt cheated
>>
>>40771823
Frauds can fuck off, we all see that jeb pacing the gym covered in back acne and grossly overgrown lats trying to give new gym users advice which usually involves: "gotta have your protein bro! come do spider curls with me".
>>
Sports leagues (Profesional) need to keep the illusion that they're still "fair" and telling viewers that the athletes aren't taking anabolics or other PED's is critical to the viewers. But sports exist for the sake of entertainment, and whichever league or organization is the most entertaining will attract the most viewers. Drugs are just one of many tools sporting organizations use to enhance their entertainment value. Referees are told to make biased calls, players get moved around, fairness in sports is like chance in the lottery, you're told it exists, but ultimately it's a way to make sure you keep buying tickets.
>>
>>40771823
>It could certainly save serious injury/health issues for a few guys I know, who took steroids without even spending 5 minutes doing a bit of research, one of whom lost a good chunk of his leg...

lol what a mong
>>
>>40771823
> not judging those who go to huge deleterious exogenous lengths to look subjectively better

Its pitiful in every way you can look at it.
>>
>>40771823
I can't even find Anavar, what are you guys talking about?
>>
>>40773311

Decent var is one of the hardest roids to find m8, and the most expensive.
Just because its mild doesn't mean its easily available.
>>
Its the fucking zyzz/jeff generation that is the real problem.

Fat burners are doing more damage to the youth than steroids because every LAD is necking clen and ephedrine and fuck knows what else while also going out and getting pilled up. The steroids theyre using, even the orals, are doing less short term damage than the recreational drugs + alcohol + fat burners.

But the fat burners and steroids get lumped together by the media of course, and as always "steroids" becomes the catch-all term.
>>
Why are rugby and boxing in the same box
>>
>>40773128
"Roid rage" is a fucking myth, it's well documented. If you're the sort of faggot who can't keep his shit together with high test levels, you're probably the sort of faggot who punches people for no reason anyway.

>>40773203
If you're an asshole with poor training advice and a bad training regime yourself, you're probably just an asshole. Roids have nothing to do with it. Acne can also be prevented unless you're a fool/lazy greasy slob.

>>40773205
I personally think they should do "Steroid" leagues/games. Get the most jacked up fuckers possible and just see how far it can be pushed.

>>40773211
Yep. Fired 2ml of gear into his upper hamstring at 200mph. Wrong site, too much gear, too fast, poor injection technique. Also had bunk gear with shitty oil. When it got infected, like most men he pussied out on going to the doctor until it was pretty much too late. This is what I'm saying about better education. People are going to do this shit anyway, might as well reduce the risk.

>>40773419
Agreed on fat burners, but even they're relatively safe if used moderately.
>>
>everyone bigger than me is roiding: the article
>>
>>40771823
PEDs are widely thought by medical professionals to be shit for your health, although our knowledge of their effects and how to manage them needs a lot of further research. Most people using them simply lack the equipment, expertise, and intelligence to use them appropriately, even in cases where we know enough about a PED to try to do so. Therefore widespread PED use is not something to be celebrated, and most people don’t secretly ‘know it’s fine’ as you mistakenly appear to believe. Given the risks that PEDs taken by amateurs pose to their health, this is exactly the sort of area in which we can legislate to try and protect people, and in which it makes sense to conduct research to see how widespread a problem it is.
PED use in sports is cheating. People take PEDs in spite of risks to their health because they know it will provide them with an unfair advantage over those who don’t take them. How easy do you think it is to kick someone out of a club / league if they’re secretly taking PEDs unless you want to set up robust PED screening throughout amateur sport? ‘Amateur sports’ also covers a vast range of institutions and individuals. Sure, it includes fat Barry, but it also includes amateurs that put in shitloads of effort to compete in their chosen sport in their spare time but still get beaten by some knobhead on gear, and people working hard to try to break into professional sport.
>>
>>40775522
continued...

You appear to be making a pretty biased argument in general here, so I’m going to make a few assumptions about you from what you’re said. You either take PEDs, or want to in the future. You think your use of them is / is going to be safe, probably from reading up on the PED thread here or on a few bodybuilding sites. This is in spite of the fact that you likely lack the medical expertise, equipment etc. to properly monitor your body and to know the long term effects of what you’re taking, even if it’s one of the better studied PEDs. You also hold this belief in spite of the personal experiences of your friends. You give a few lame arguments as to why amateur sports should be forced to deal with PEDs, so given how little of a shit you give about amateur sport you likely just want PEDs to improve your bodybuilding. You wish there was more education and less prohibition, because it would make it easier for people in your position to use PEDs more safely. There’s potentially an argument there, but I don’t have much sympathy for you given that you’re apparently willing to risk your health with self-administration of bootleg pharmaceuticals just to look a bit better in the mirror more quickly. Your mate losing a bit of a leg should be telling you something, and it’s not that we should be making PEDs more widely available to people who can’t tell their arse from their elbow.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.