[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lifting weights will never make you happier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: willie.png (1MB, 1182x1078px) Image search: [Google]
willie.png
1MB, 1182x1078px
lifting weights will never make you happier
>>
Doch
>>
It makes me happier for about 15 minutes every time I do it
>>
>>40770357
WRONG
>>
>>40770357

being a faggot on the internet wont either but here you are
>>
It does, though. Maybe when I finally make it and hit the end of the road, I'll feel less happy. But then I'll just find something else to live by.

My days were miserable when I was injured because I couldn't feel the pump and watch my body grow.
>>
>>40770357
Eases the pain knowing I am becoming something while she remains the same
>>
File: yea.jpg (80KB, 700x785px) Image search: [Google]
yea.jpg
80KB, 700x785px
>>40770357
But it did.

???????????
>>
>>40770493
>>40770442
>>40770397
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4coUPS6gBg
>>
>>40770514
Marcus took stoicism seriously, which few can do in this day and age. Accepting "fate" or whatever the fuck you call it and relying only on peace of mind by ignoring all pleasures is retarded, imo.

A good life is centered around balance of all things.
>>
>>40770539
this is a misunderstanding of stoicism. the basic idea of stoicism is that the attitude inside is more fundamental than the circumstances around. you can control how you think and react about things, and mastering that control is the most helpful method for practicing good living.
>>
>>40770568
Well yeah, that's what I found to be the most sound advice on Marcus' meditations, but I cannot be happy by just wanting to. Life, as I see it, is a balance between the external things you cling on to and your judgment on those things from within. You use those things instead of being ruled by them.

Also, all of this is nice and pretty, but hard to put into practice.
>>
>>40770606
>but I cannot be happy by just wanting to
bet you can fag.
>>
>>40770617
So, at the limit, I'd just work a souless job, eat shit food and play games all day because hey, I can be happy anyway. I don't need lifting.

The need for improvement keeps me moving.
>>
>>40770357
It's helped me stop getting shitfaced every other day so even if it doesn't help with the depression at least I'm not killing myself anymore

Now I have to stop being a neet
>>
>>40770681
>Now I have to stop being a neet
If you were to move in with a friend/rentor would you be more apt to leave the house? or would you only ever go to the gym still
>>
File: squat.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
squat.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>>40770357
Lies, i squat atleast 4 times a week and when i cant for some reason my quality of life decreases significantly.
>>
>>40770357

how come it has made me significantly happier?
>>
>>40770778
I live with two friends already, I've been a neet for three years. They've tried to motivate me a bunch of times but it never worked, probably because of the depression. Now I'm trying to snap out of it but there's only two ways, up or down and going from my track record I'm not hopeful. But at least I'll look better
>>
>>40770812
>I live with two friends already, I've been a neet for three years.
fug, I', shopping for a house and am thinking about renting a room out to a borderline neet buddy.
we're both borderline neet so I was hoping it would help push us out of the house
>>
>>40770846
Well I guess it can work if you're both in it together. Both my friends are studying and one of them is working too, I'm sure things would be different if they were neets as well. Easier to relate and motivate each other
>>
It makes me happier.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.