[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Stronglifts 5x5 a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1470102572357.jpg (40KB, 500x373px)
1470102572357.jpg
40KB, 500x373px
Hey /fit/,

Fatty trying to get his shit together here.Yesterday was my second training day and I ran into a friend of mine at the gym (he's pretty /fit/ himself desu). When I told him about 5x5 he told me it sounded dumb. Since he has some experience in the matter I've been having second doubts ever since.
Here are my stats:

>Height: 5'6 (rip me apart all you want for being a manlet, but at least have the decency to answer my question first)
>Weight: 165 pounds
>>
5x5 is fine to learn the lifts and get some base strength before moving on to another program. Don't stick to it for too long though.
>>
>>40764966
I had never touched free weights before sl. I loved it because it's simple and since you start low you got plenty of time to get used to lift.

I switched after a year. Sl is great if you don't have any previous experience
>>
>>40764966
SL is good, don't get memed into thinking it's not. Either follow that or follow SS, you will gain strength regardless; they're very similar to eachother.
>>
>>40764966
Why even bother losing weight? Just commit suicide and never pass on your shitty genetics, manlet.
>>
>When I told him about 5x5 he told me it sounded dumb.
Did you ask him why it sounds dumb?
>>
>>40764966

Starting Strength and SL are both tried and true beginner programs. You can do either one and get good results as long as you stick to it.
>>
Use it to acquire experience in the main lifts, proper form mainly, then move on.
>>
>>40764966
reg park 5x5
bill starr 5x5
starting strength

all better programs
>>
>>40764966
Tell us what program he uses so we can rip him apart
>>
>>40764966
SL is the best begginer routine imo. Your friend is Just a gymbro, keep at it
>>
>>40764966
Good routine with meme progression. Just do the progression like this and youre good to go: 1kg/session on upper body lifts (press, rows, chin-ups), 2kg/session on lower body (squats, deadlift).
>>
>>40765079
He's probably on some brosplit and thinks that full body is a bad idea.
>>
>>40765314
Yeah or Fierce 5 - just sub front squats and RDLs out for DLs and leg curls
>>
SL/SS are good beginner programs, you'll make good strength gains

SL basically turns into SS eventually, but hold your tongue until you're outlifting your brosplitting buddies in 6-8 months lmao
>>
>>40765127
It's literally all the same fucking thing. The only two god damn things that matter in any of those routines is deadlifts and squats. Reg Park has meme tier accessories, and power cleans might not be something you want to do in your gym or as a beginner. Stop pretending any beginner routine is remotely special.
>>
>>40764966
Id do ss instead 5x5 is unneccessary volume. I got to 240x5 bench on ss and i shit on every nigga in my timeslot at the gym. Now I pin and hope to hit lmao3pl8 in the next 2 months
>>
I prefer it over SS. Doesn't neglect your upper body
>>40764966
Yeah man, it's not a meme, it's pure functional strength and seeing your progress with a smirk in your face. Instead on believing what we say, or some dude from your gym says, learn by yourself, so you don't fall into the kind of dude that praises anything he learns from his gym
>>
>>40764966
Are you going for strength?
If yes; SS
If no; PPL

Its pretty fucking simple
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.