[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bulking and cutting a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: athlean.jpg (128KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
athlean.jpg
128KB, 900x900px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv5xEYhvj4Q

Is he right /fit/? Should I just eat maintenance?
>>
>>40762524

I'd trust Jeff over any faggot on this Chinese Silk Weaving board.
>>
>>40762524

being alive is a meme
>>
bump for interest. saw the vid as well today.

I did notice fat loss and muscle gain as a beginner. My weight kept going down but my pecs and back and legs noticably grew in size.

Not sure how effective it is when your body is already adapted to the stimuli.

He always seems to know what he's talking about, so i'm inclined to believe him
>>
>>40762524
Jeff seems like the kind of guy where the first time he was with a girl, all he did was stare her in the eyes and jerk off until he came on the floor, saying "t-thank you mother" before turning around and leaving her alone on the bed all confused.
>>
>>40762524
If everyone listened to this faggot when lifting then nobody would ever make gains

>12 REASONS WHY BREATHING IS BAD FOR YOU

fuck off
>>
>>40762524

Yes 'bulking' how /fit/ knows it is a meme. No fucking point becoming literally fat. Surplus however is not a meme. 200-300 kcal above maintenance and never going above >15% bodyfat is where it's at.
>>
>>40762567
Well at least he didn't put it in his mother
>>
>>40762524
>Is he right /fit/? Should I just eat maintenance?
Most straight forward answer: if you're a manlet like him, yes; if you're lanklet (>6'2), you better bulk and cut hard.

Manlets can afford not to bulk bc the limbs/torso is way shorter, so any gains will show off quickly. Lanklets in other hand have long ass limbs/torso, not unusual way wider shoulders too, so you got pack a lot of mass in order to look like you lift. Without bulking hard is not possible to put lots of mass; better saying, it is possible but will take a few years.

Bulking and cutting is always more efficient than lean bulking/body recomp.; but manlets will easily go from skinny fat to dyel to fit while lean bulking; which is much more aesthetic than going from skinny fat to chubster to fit. Lanklets will never leave dyel mode without bulking, but will probably look after a cut after a hard bulk. The road is longer and it has much more ups and downs for lanklets,
>>
>>40762524
Yeah he's right.
But that's only if you're kind of a newb are in the 15% bodyfat range and have a lot of room to grow.
Which is basically most men who would even seek out his channel to be honest.

BUT if you are SIGNIFICANTLY overweight, then no. A hard short term cut while lifting/calisthenics and doing cardio and upping their daily activity is key.
If someone is sigificantly underweight then eating more calories + lifting/calisthenics plus LESS activity and aerobics is key.
>>
File: efht.jpg (216KB, 934x1051px) Image search: [Google]
efht.jpg
216KB, 934x1051px
>bulking and cutting
>>
>>40762715
Skinny people who have high neats and don't eat much all have that problem.
Height means fuck all.
>>
>>40762567
He's the type of guy to going into the science of the muscles involved in orgasms and start drawing on her pussy with sharpie to then whip out a skeleton and go into how penetration looks from the inside
>>
File: 1337373997272.jpg (210KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1337373997272.jpg
210KB, 500x667px
>>40762838
>Cutting for the beach
>>
>>40762593
>implying it's worse
At least he wouldn't be a beta.
>>
>>40762524
he actually said to bulk and cut, it's just beginners are new to lifting so they can manage to lose fat and build muscle at a good rate at maintenance.

someone that's past beginner state eating at maintenance will take ages to make visible progress, it's more efficient and fast on doing the bulking and cutting cycles. Too bad retards confuse bulking with eating everything you see or cutting with starving
>>
>>40762524
Depends on your goals and current shape

If you are an average male, looking to just look good, and are slightly chubby, this works well

If you are heavily overweight, you gotta cut, no "body re-composition" is gonna get rid of all that excess fat while staying at the same weight

Same thing goes for skellies, if you have almost no bodyfat/muscle you are gonna need to bulk, you can't turn thin air into muscle

If your goal is pure strength, eg you're an autistic powerlifter than bulking is also the way to go,but I mean, that's a given

also if you have more than a year's experience in the gym, the only useful things this guy can tell you is form tips

the rest is BS, he is a physical therapist, not a dietician, so take his diet advice with a grain of salt
>>
>>40762871
This
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.