[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any dietary advice for someone with type 1 diabeetus? Trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Any dietary advice for someone with type 1 diabeetus? Trying to find a diet that allows for high protein but is also low carb without too much fat is difficult.

Also worried about eating carbs pre workout, taking my bolus and then dropping too low in a work out.
>>
Eat 3-4 Meals a day and dont snack in between.
Make sure you get 10-12 hours of fasting a day its good for insulin resistance.
Nothing wrong with eating fat it doesnt affect insulin at all. Try to consume more.
Also protein causes bloodsugar to raise (but not nearly as much as carbs) so i wouldnt eat too much of it either.
>>
>>40762109
No shit about the protein, i didn't know about that. How do you suggest I put on muscle then?

With the fat, I'm trying to cut my body fat % by 2-3% (it's been a while since I last had it checked, I believe I'm 15 or 16% right now). Eating more fats would hinder this, yes? Or no if I used them for energy before they become trigylcerides? (Triglycerides are 44 right now, I don't know if that's relevant. I had them done last time my a1c was checked, which was 4.9)
>>
>>40762024
>>40762154
Dude, you can cut without avoiding fat. Avoiding fat in your diet is some 70s doctor advice who has no idea what he is talking about.
I'm not going to meme Keto here, but research it. Especially Keto and diabetes.
>>
File: muscle oats.png (271KB, 532x255px) Image search: [Google]
muscle oats.png
271KB, 532x255px
Eh, I've been on cut for 2 weeks now and I haven't had any unusually low blood sugar levels despite eating less. Just use less insulin before workout if you are worried about going too low. Then take blood sugar post workout too see if you used too little insulin or just enough. Basic shit, you should know this.

I don't really follow any diabetic specific diet. I just take care I get enough proton and calories depending on whether I'm on cut or bulk. Insulin taken depends purely if I happen to eat carb heavily that day or not.

One thing you propably should do is keep your breakfast as stable as possible since it allows you to keep balanced blood sugar level during the day (school or work) more easily. I eat oatmeal pretty much every morning since it keeps me from going low for good 3-4 hours without spiking my blood sugar too much.

You just have to experiment with what's suitable for you. Good luck betus anon
>>
>>40762024

eat 10-20 carbs pre workout and then try to eat ur meal not too long after workout.

my blood sugar got so much better when i started my cut and doing low carb high fat diet (high protein should be given...)

probably mainly due to increased insuline sensitivity. i absolutely love it. also not nearly as bloated as i used to be, fuck carbs. im not speaking for keto either but just try to cut ur carbs and space them before and after workouts.
>>
>>40762024
what do you even mean? eat whatever the fuck and dose your insulin so that your blood sugar is stable 24/7?

all bodybuilders do this, eating 300g+ carbs in one go? dose 20iu+ fast acting insulin
>>
>>40762324
>>40762257

Thanks for the advice anons. I got diagnosed last July a few days after my 20th birthday and I just got put on my pump, and prior to that I was always running too low on my lantus/novalog setup. Sugars are pretty stable now, though.

Do you guys have any foods in particular you think are ideal for a high fat/protein diet? I've been using peanuts in the past but I worry I eat too many of the fucks.
>>
>>40762365
Spiking my sugars into the 400s doesn't sound like a great idea
>>
>>40762024
>legitimate medical condition that won't ever go away
>asking 4chan for advice
Listen, dude..

You do what your DOCTOR(S) tell you to do, unless you want to DIE, SOON.

That being said: There is NO REASON why you can't get stronger. What you're going to have to do is sit down with your doctor and tell them what you want to do. Then you'll have to be absolutely ADAMANT with them that you're going to do it, whether they help you or NOT, and if you DIE it'll be on THEM for not helping you do it. They'll have no choice but to help you manage your diet in such a way that you can get enough food to make actual gains. If they flat-out refuse to help you, FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR. There are lots of shitty doctors out there, and few really good ones. Might take some time to find one that doesn't suck.
>>
>>40762454
I have a strong grasp on my disease and an adequate one on nutrition in general. I just figured there might be another beetus anon here with some advice.
>>
>>40762428
Nuts are god tier if you are on bulk. Easy calories without having to pump shitloads of insulin. Had 150g packet a day while on bulk. Just be aware that they might slow down the rate your blood sugar drops since they are heavy on fats. So if you have bit higher blood sugar than expected after couple hours, just wait longer instead of putting on more insulin. I made that mistake and my blood sugar kept dropping due to unnecessary insulin.

Also if you are having some carb/fat heavy stuff like pizza/burgers, try to pace the dosage. So 20 units over 2 hours (or 10 at once and rest 10 over 2 hours) instead of pumping it all in. Been diabetic for 14 years now so I have fairly firm grasp on things just based on experience and doctor advice. Pacing insulin and breakfast trick were both given by my doctor, they've worked great so far.

Just eat normal foods with post workout protein shakes and snack on nuts you like. Just because we have dysfunctional organ doesn't mean our body is otherwise special.

But do contact your doctor if you feel uncertain about anything. We are just bunch of anons who don't really know about your health records or life situation.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1454777904633.jpg (20KB, 502x502px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1454777904633.jpg
20KB, 502x502px
Skinny fat type 1 diabetic here, this thread has been helpful, thank you
>>
>>40762667
Thanks for the advice anon.
>>
uhhh .. shouldn't you really be consulting your endocrinologist on this topic?
>>
>>40762024
No diabeetus expert but 99% of all non meme diets you find are going to push you towards high protein with either carbs OR fats being low.

I'd go low on the one that would kill you if you are not careful. Almost all of them even out to the same burn rate once your body reaches a certain point and become more dependent on proper macro/calorie management anyways.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.