[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my biceps refuse to grow. i do them 3 times a week for 4x8-12

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: build-biceps[1].jpg (26KB, 483x350px) Image search: [Google]
build-biceps[1].jpg
26KB, 483x350px
my biceps refuse to grow. i do them 3 times a week for 4x8-12

do i just need to buy some dumbells and work them to failure before i go to bed every single day ?

would also shorten my time in the gym by 15-20 min
>>
do more bicep exercises you lazy shit
>>
>>40758090

are you training like an athlete
>>
>>40758090
tips

Make sure you are eating enough
Squat, srs
sleeping enough
>>
please stop fucking training biceps by isolation 3 times a week

make sure to hit them during your back day (pull ups, rows, etc.) and do heavy curls (atleast 5kg plates on olympic bar) - doesent matter if you only do 5-6 reps, just make sure to go very slow in the eccentric phase

they will grow i promise
>>
>>40758101
i am suggesting doing 2 times as many as i do now, cant you read?

>>40758104
3 times a week full body routine.

>>40758124
eating plenty
sleeping plenty.
do some squats, not sure why that matters though.

>>40758125
i do them at the end of my workouts.
>>
>>40758158
how many bodyweight chinups can you do? either double the volume or if you can hit 6+, start adding weight
>>
>>40758329
6-8 chinups with +5 kg
>>
>>40758158
Instead of 12/10/8 increase rep 15/13/11

Thank me later
>>
>>40758125
>they will grow i promise
This meme of the compounds for the biceps has to die
>>
do 10x10 curls for them once a week along side all your rows and pull ups, they will grow
>>
Heavy weighted chins. Curls have never worked for me. If you can do them for reps with over 30 kilos at a bw of 80 or thereabouts, your biceps will be large.
>>
>>40758354
>>40758422
>>40758622
>WHAT DO I BELIEVE

might as well try the curls before sleeping routine for a month.
>>
if you're going to do targeted isolation lifts, you need to reduce your volume to the minimum necessary to trash your bis completely. 3x8 AT MOST and you shouldn't be able to finish the last reps.

you should barely be able to hood a glass of water at the end of your sets

four days rest between bicep day, do all your other lifts on schedule. you should be adding to your preacher curls almost every week like this.

this is the only uncucked advice ITT, everyone else is full of shit except maybe the pullup guy
>>
File: squat-slide.png (17KB, 1053x625px) Image search: [Google]
squat-slide.png
17KB, 1053x625px
>>40758090
>my biceps refuse to grow. i do them 3 times a week for 4x8-12

Introduce a lower volume heavy day
>5x4 or F on 90%+ of 1RM

Biceps love volume but you also need to heavily overload them every couple weeks or so

Other useful stuff:

>Switch between BB, EZBar & DB
>Do them every day for a full week- Lateral deltoids and biceps are the two muscles I've found that love daily punishment, triceps to a lesser degree because more weight
>More suppurated grip on rows
>Mixed grip on deadlift if you know what you're doing
>Cable curls
>Thumb under/thumbless grip during chin ups

>>40758158
>i do them at the end of my workouts.
Move them forward in priority

Also, like someone mentioned, squats are actually great for biceps if your form is right
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.