[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anytime Fitness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (5KB, 240x152px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 240x152px
Are these any good? I've recently had to move for work and there is an anytime fitness right around the corner and its fairly cheap (the two reasons I'm even considering going) but I looked into it and it seems like a pussified gym akin to Planet Fitness. I really don't want to go if it's going to have the stupid rules about "no intimidating lifting", etc.
>>
Is this in the US? I don't know about there but anytime fitness is in Australia too and the one I have been to was 24 hours and seemed fine. I just did a free first week so I do not have heaps of experience with it though.
Had two squat racks which were always empty, also being 24 hours I could go whenever.
>>
>>40747419
No gym besides planet fitness does that, i go to a 24/7 gym and there small and cheap but they have everything i need even though half the gym is cardio machines
>>
>>40747455
OP here, I'm in Canada so I'm not sure about the U.S., overall it seems fine, just a very basic commercial gym. So long as it doesn't have the "lunk alarm", free pizza every week, and other crap like that I'll probably go just for the convinience of where it is, all the other gyms are almost 3x as far from where I'm staying.
>>
>>40747493
I do not know of any in Australia doing that kind of shit. If it is the same there as here it should be fine.
The "lockers" they had were stupid though, they were literally just cubby holes with not even a door. They said they were under camera surveillance, so should be secure
>mfw
>>
>>40747527
Alright well I'll maybe do the free trial before anything else but overall it sounds good enough. Thanks lad
>>
>>40747419
Walk inside
Look to see if there is a bench and a squat rack
Mystery solved.
>>
>>40747419
I have a membership at one (which gets you access to all of them). I'm in a big city, so it's busy when everyone gets off work. I go later at night though and there's always at least one power rack (there are two at the gym). movable benches, including incline / decline benches. weights, barbells including a deadlift station, preacher bench and ex curl bar, all sorts of machines including a cable crossover machine. pretty good value.

the cubbies are weird though.
>>
>>40748043

I have heard late night / overnight you get LEO, EMT, cab drivers, truckers.... a mix of mostly "blue collar" workers.

But I am personally concerned with the variety of dumbbells... then again it might be a side gym for me... when my work schedule conflicts with my main gym hours.

>I could be wrong.
>>
there's one opening up near me soon. it's £10 per month more than what i pay now and, from the looks of the website, it only has two racks. might go and look at it when it opens but i don't think i'll change.
>>
>>40748070
dumbbells are subpar at my location. Just one pair for each weight in increments of 5 pounds. every once in a while some group of chubby women come in and grab all of them and put them in a pile and do meme exercises. they at least clean up though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.