[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you lift?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1483639209093.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1483639209093.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
I've been doing it out of spite. Been lifting for half a year now. I've definitely seem some improvements so that helps too. But what mainly motivates me is the satisfaction of seeing the jealous look on the faces of everyone who ever called me a loser. It's the same reason why I work so hard on getting good grades in my college classes. I want to be successful in all walks of life. Whenever I meet people from the past I want their faces to crease when they realise I look better and are way more successful than them.

What's your reasons?
>>
>>40746138
For fun
>>
File: MIl3cCq.jpg (475KB, 2000x2667px) Image search: [Google]
MIl3cCq.jpg
475KB, 2000x2667px
To not be useless when I'm 60-80 years old
>>
File: 1484600999273.jpg (50KB, 505x516px) Image search: [Google]
1484600999273.jpg
50KB, 505x516px
>>40746138
You have a toxic mentality, and any motivation rising from it will cease sooner or later.
>>
I swim

1. To combat stress
2. To combat depression
3. To concentrate (student)
4. To not get a crooked back/neck
5. To experience the rush of aggression (heavily connected to 2.)
6. To be better at sex (not wheezing and having to support yourself on her tends to help)
7. To increase my chances of attracting girls in the first place
8. To reduce the risks of heart disease I inherited from my father
9. To generally be healthier at an old age
10. To be a role model to the sons I hope to have one day (this is gonna jump up to 1. if I ever actually have sons)
>>
>>40746138
To carry big bags really far
>>
I lift to keep my demons at bay (severe depression and anxiety). Without powerlifting, I probably would have killed myself 4 years ago. Lifting is the best medicine on this fucked up planet we call home.
>>
(mostly in this order) It's fun, it feels good, it makes me look good, I like the people at my gym so I look forward to talking to them and sometimes lifting with them, I hope it'll help me find a qt gymbro (with benefits (if you know what I mean))
>>
File: 1484970861172.png (257KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1484970861172.png
257KB, 256x256px
>>40746138
Memes tbqh.
It's a meme that was pushed on to me by a friend and therefore I do it and continue to do it.
>>
it feels good to get stronger
my autist reason is that in the event of some kind of political upheaval/apocalyptic situation i'll be useful
>>
>>40746138
Girlfriend broke up with me. Self improvement is the easiest way to get over a break up
>>
>>40748141
ur not a real man u cuck
u couldnt even meet her needs enough for her not to dump your sorry ass
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.