[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE HEPBURN METHOD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: doug_hepburn_squats.jpg (42KB, 550x394px) Image search: [Google]
doug_hepburn_squats.jpg
42KB, 550x394px
Is the Hepburn method good for a beginner?

Upper Body day
> Press (out of the rack, if you prefer)
> Bench Press
> Curls

Lower Body day
> Squat
> High-Pull
> Deadlift

Compounds done 8x2 -> 8x3: you start doing it 8x2 and each training session you add 1 rep to 1 set, until you're doing it 8x3. There is some variant where you do 3x6 -> 3x8 with 80% load for the main lift of the day, after having done all 8x2 -> 8x3.
>>
No.

8x2 sucks, it takes a motherfucking hour.
>>
File: paul-anderson.jpg (76KB, 450x280px) Image search: [Google]
paul-anderson.jpg
76KB, 450x280px
>>40741393

That's Paul Anderson.
>>
>>40741420
it's 8x2 with an 8RM load, which should not take an hour

>>40741393
it used to be popular with /plg/, I know a few people ran it to really really good effect for bench

for squat and deadlift it sounds like a ruinous amount of volume towards the end of the cycle when you're doing all 8x3s
>>
>>40741420
>>40741992
Would it be alright to run Hepburn method for upper body and SS for lower body?

>>40741967
Why so many lifters look so much alike. Like Hepburn/Anderson, Rippetoe/Estep.
>>
He looks dyel and fat?
>>
>>40742202
sure, upper and lower shouldn't interfere with each other too much

but hepburn is more of an intermediate program
>>
>>40742202
Texas method was designed off of Hepburn's training protocols. You could run SS than transition to TM
>>
>>40741393

> Is the Hepburn method good for a beginner?
kind of.
it's really slow progression, but if you've go major form issues the rep scheme of 8 sets of triples will help - if and only if - you fix your stability. If you're crap at higher reps then adding more reps or sets rarely will solve the problem

Also there are multiple Hepburn programs; google provides plenty of reading material on his thinking. My setup was to do the triples (power & pump), starting at 90% of my 8rm. This gave me a few months of just working on speed and dialing in some other form issues I wanted to work on. I kept the rest a bit flexible. Pressing is easy for me, squats are draining. Then I moved to a "daily" setup. Rather than run 4x/week and hit each lift twice, I gave each lift it's own day and only rested on days when I was so off it would have served nothing, aka much easier than DLing the day after squats. I started transitioning to the singles routine after, one lift at a time

Results - You'll only get them if you eat and sleep like you mean it. One day I was finally feeling good after a run of bad workouts, so i ran a quick mock meet for myself. Got just below the predicted numbers with no peak. And before the natty lifter argument starts about high volume, it isn't. I can do this, pull a stressful 10-12 hour workday, have a life, and still have gains
>>
>>40743215
No it wasn't

I can't tell if you're trolling or not, but in case you aren't

Texas Method comes from Glenn Pendlay bargaining with some of his lifters, who were squatting 5x5 3x a week. He told them if they hit a new 5RM PR on Friday they could skip the other sets, and he noticed this worked well (and that the guys that slacked off on Wednesday did the best), so the framework of TM came together as 5x5 volume day, 2x5 recovery day, 1x5 intensity day.

Hepburn method principles are pretty different from TM, it's all about building volume slowly and naturally waving it up and down going from 8x2 to 8x3 and back over many weeks. There isn't a big focus on dumping all fatigue to hit PRs, so training volume is much higher (I think hepburn did some insane shit like 8x3 bench and press one day, 8x3 squat and dead the other)
>>
looks like a fatass retard, why would you follow his method

>muh numbers
>>
>>40743969
>texshit method
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.