[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can haz gainz?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: charlie-brooker-o.gif (709KB, 320x177px) Image search: [Google]
charlie-brooker-o.gif
709KB, 320x177px
Time for me to get fit, I've read the sticky now what?

I've been coming and going on here for a while, just lurking but never actually doing any lifting. The general impression I get is half the people say that starting strength is the best place to start, and the other half say SS is a meme and to do something else.

So honestly guys, what do I do?

Keep it simple and explain what you mean, somebody saying shit like do a 5x5/3/4/8 split is nonsense to me, help me out here.
>>
Just pick up some weights and put them down. Youre worrying about a program and havent even completed a single dumbbell curl.
>>
What are you at now and what are trying to do? Are you fat? Are you skeletal? What are your goals?
>>
>>40739969

I've done a few dumbell curls, ohp with dumbells some shit with kettlebells lately, I joined a gym for a while but didn't know what the fuck I was doing so I stopped going, and eventually when I got the motivation back I started reading shit on here, and now here I am.

>>40739997

5'11" 80kg basically close to zero muscle.

I just want to get some meat on me, I'm not aiming for full on fitness model just yet, but something resembling ottermode would be a decent start.
>>
>>40740080
If you aren't very strong right now and you're nervous about the gym I would recommend to keep it up with the dumbells at home. Look up some basic exercises you can do with them for your shoulders, back, arms, legs As well as body weight exercises. And be smart about eating. This will build a good foundation to progress from.

I wouldnt worry yourself about all the acronyms and different theories at this point. Just stick to the basics until you feel ready to adopt a program or you find something you like.
>>
>>40740200

What's the next step after that? I feel like in a couple of months after working out at home ill be back here with the same questions?
>>
File: 1489555254938.jpg (58KB, 720x552px) Image search: [Google]
1489555254938.jpg
58KB, 720x552px
First things, first OP. Before we get started, have you started sipping yet?

S I P B O Y S
>>
Go to the gym and do the four major lifts (OHP, bench, squat, and DL) in some kind of split.

Once you get 1/2/3/4, then look for detail work
>>
>>40740304

Can't tell if you're trolling or you didn't read the OP
>>
>>40739940
Do starting strength. It's not a meme.

All the exercises are useful for beginners whatever you choose to do next. It's not pl specific, or football specific but is a good starting point for both. It's also similar to old school beginner bodybuilder programs like Reg Parks despite what some kids wit abs will claim.

Do it alongside some cardio like c25k and you're golden.
>>
>>40740755

Finally an answer

Thank you Anon, may you be blessed with many gains.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.