[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wim Hof

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Wim Hof.jpg (189KB, 1200x834px) Image search: [Google]
Wim Hof.jpg
189KB, 1200x834px
Thoughts on this man and his world famous method of breathing
>>
>>40738596
He's a cool dude and his breathing technique is quite interesting
I went to one of his seminars, was able to hold my breath for 3 minutes and was able to withstand a 1 degree celsius ice bath for 1 or 2 minutes without feeling much of the cold
it is said that with his breathing technique you're able to up your immune system and shit
>>
>>40738743
I've been doing a basic version of it for the past 4 mornings and I've yet to notice anything special happen aside from a natural high due to all the oxygen, but I intend to keep on doing it like that for a while. The thing I'm trying to get out of it the most is better lung capacity, and I don't really care much about tolerating cold.
I saw the study on the immune system stuff as well, but as it was only done on 12 people I'm reluctant to buy into it completely. Regardless, it's pretty remarkable what he has been able to accomplish
>>
>>40738596

Was actually raging about him today. Is there a good starting point for all this? Videos or some such shit?
>>
>>40738828

Reading**
>>
File: Basic Wim Hof.png (72KB, 730x792px) Image search: [Google]
Basic Wim Hof.png
72KB, 730x792px
>>40738828
He's been on tons of podcasts and talked about it if you want to know exactly what he's done with it. Pic is the basic method I started doing a few days ago
>>
>>40738799
my instructor (someone trained by wim hof) said that since he did the breathing technique (twice daily) he had only needed six hours of sleep a night. i personally dont do the breathing daily but use it sometimes as a form of meditation and it works great
>>
>>40738882
i actually learned you're not supposed to force the exhale, just let it fall out naturally, but i guess it's up to you what feels better, also breath into your abdomen not your chest
>>
>>40738799
So his breathing technique is basically hyperventilating?
>>
>>40738882
with my anxiety i'd probably kill myself doing this shit by myself
>>
>>40739062
Nvm, this >>40738882 proves my suspicion. It IS just a form of hyperventilating.

Also
>start warm, end off cold
I find it easier to just immediately start cold. The water feels cold, but I still stay warm without any of this breathing stuff.
>>
>>40739082
My friend said that's what it is as well, and since I haven't seen or heard of any negative side effects I'm genuinely wondering what that means for you if you do it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.