[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 44

File: 1445823941733.png (239KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1445823941733.png
239KB, 800x600px
Last one hit the limit. New thread
>>
I just had a workout where I benched 135 pounds with full extension and lowering to my chest for 5 reps and 2 sets.
This is impressive to me since I could barely do a proper bench press a week ago.
How should I improve upon this? Should I maybe aim for 10 reps or should I add 10 pounds on each side or maybe try both methods?
Also, would losing 120 pounds mean I bench less? I would like to comfortably bench 200 by the time I hit 180 or 175 pounds. Is that a realistic goal?
>>
>>40738509
Do 3x5 at 135 next workout. If you can do it and get all sets/reps then add 5 pounds next workout, same thing next workout, etc.
>>
just finished 4th month of SL
want to cut now because skinnyfat here
what would be the best routine?
>>
File: Hol Horse and J Geil.jpg (185KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hol Horse and J Geil.jpg
185KB, 640x480px
How do i activate, and then hit glutes?
Also are there any definate signs you have a pelvic tilt?
>>
How do I activate my almonds?
>>
>>40738534
Is that the proper lingo of sets and reps? 3 sets of 5 reps right?
>>
I've been casually lifting for a bit over an year now and I've always been a bit skinnyfat but have definitely gotten more muscle definition over the year.
My question is, is it possible to cut if I don't track calories / macros? I've been just eating whenever I felt hungry and trying to eat clean. Is it possible to efficiently get rid of some bodyfat by maybe skipping a meal each day whilst focusing on getting enough protein in or something?
>>
>>40738695
Yes it's possible, as you're just eating at a deficit, but keeping track definitely makes it a lot easier to know exactly what you need to do
>>
My groin area has been hurting recently when I squat (high bar)

Anyone also experiencing this and know a solution?
>>
>>40738578
You won't want to hear this, but don't cut yet. As a fellow skinny fat I learned the hard way that you don't have enough muscle to look good unless you want to go skelly mode. Finish your first year, slow bulking when necessary when your lifts start stalling. If you've hit >= .6bw/bw/1.5bw/2bw 3x5 but have stalled, then switch to an intermediate routine, but keep lifting.

Madcow is usually the progression from SL.
>>
Hows my first day of gym looking? All 3x5

Bench 90lbs
Squat 145lbs
Deadlift 145lbs

And for increasing weight do you add 5lbs of weight in total or a 5lb plate to each side?
>>
>>40738831
Tight hip flexors that you might've pulled. If it hurts too much to squat take a couple weeks off. Sit it 3rd world squat position for as long as possible while pushing out on your knees to help stretch them out
>>
>>40738831
I experience burning and a almost pinching link sensation. Only sometimes and usually only first set of reps? Strange af
>>
File: DSC_0973_SFTAZYXFFJ.jpg (79KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0973_SFTAZYXFFJ.jpg
79KB, 800x536px
I've been doing strength training for about 10 months now after being a skinny boi. 2 months ago I started having unbearable pain in my left shoulder. So much so that I cant even lean on it. It hurts when I barbell bench or do any form of dumbell press. Anyone have any ideas on how to ease the pain away? I'm already stepping down on weight as it is as to not fuck it up more. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Pic is goal body
>>
I need some help, I'm not making a whole lot of gainz and I'm really not sure why.

So I'm bulking at 3300-3500 calories a day, 40/30/30 macros approx. Have been very autistic with my diet.

My workout program is:
D1: Chest/tri (main lift: bench)
D2: Back/Bi (main lift: diddly)
D3: Shoulders/traps (main lift: ohp)
D4: legs (main lift: squats)

sometimes in the weekend I'll do an extra day of whatever I feel like

I've been at it for about a year now and saw some good gainz in the beginning. I'm eating quite consistently, and trying to up the weight whenever I can, but I just can't seem to get out of dyel mode. Am I forgetting anything? What am I doing wrong?
>>
I have a slightly herniated disc and arthritis on the same disc but can move fine for the most part other than bending down.

Is it safe for me to do weighted squats? I am thinking maybe I could start on a Smith machine.
>>
File: winging_scap_1.jpg (5KB, 250x166px) Image search: [Google]
winging_scap_1.jpg
5KB, 250x166px
Has anyone managed to fix their winged scapula by working out?
>>
>>40738902
Pretty good. Keep it up so you can be a sick cunt! 5lbs total (2.5 on each side)

>>40738612
Yes, correct lingo

>>40739022
>you've been bulking for a year at that amount of calories
Are you fat/chubby? Lifts?

>>40739085
Try the bar, see how it feels. Keep adding 5lbs each workout until it hurts or you go to snap city (I'm not a doctor). But DO NOT use the Sith Machine. It locks you into it's bar path instead your bar path. I'd do leg press before it.
>>
File: Jqq4A.jpg (216KB, 915x678px) Image search: [Google]
Jqq4A.jpg
216KB, 915x678px
I am a 5'8" manlet and will never draw pussy based on looks alone. However, I really like weightlifting and the gym is the highlight of my day. I'm curious as to what build I should go for to look least retarded?

Basically I want to be able to work out and lift heavy because it's fun, but I don't want to look like I'm compensating for my height. Should I try to stay as lean as I can or just say fuck it and go full turbomanlet or what
>>
All 3x8:

Bicep curl - 41kg
Tricep extension - 59kg
Pec fly - 73kg

Why is my bench press only 40kg?
>>
How does this look?

Day One:
Flat Bench 3x5
OHP 3x5
Incline Bench 3x5
DB Chest Fly 3x12
DB Incline Chest Fly 3x12
Side Lateral Raise 3x12
Bent-over Side Lateral Raise 3x12
Triceps Pushdown 3x12
Triceps Extension 3x12

Day Two:
Bent-over Barbell Row 3x5
Upright Barbell Row 3x5
Wide-grip Lat Pulldown 3x8-10
Alternating DB Curls 4x10-12
Hammer Curls 3x10-12
DB Wrist Curls 3x8-12
DB Reverse Wrist Curls 3x8-12
Deadlift 1x5
Barbell Shrugs 3x10-12
Rack Pulls 5x5

Day Three:
Squats 4x5
Good Mornings 3x8-12
DB Squats 3x8-12
Leg Curls 3x12
Leg Extensions 3x12
Seated Calf Raise 3x8-12
Seated Toe Press 3x12

123x123x
>>
What is the sips meme? And what's its origins?
>>
How do I know if I'm overtraining?
>>
>>40739551

viral marketing from Monster targeting their zero calories, zero sugar specifically at people in the "health conscious" demographic.
>>
Finishing my noobgainz on SL and thinking about what to do next, I heard that if you want to train for strenght you need to go for Texas or 1/3/5, and if you want aesthetics go for PPL or Upper/lower split, is this ok, isnt there a mid point where i can keep getting strenght and gain muh aesthetics too?
>>
>>40738984
>Unbearable pain
>Decides to keep lifting and not see a doctor
What did you mean by this?
>>
I'm getting sore lower back muscles when I deadlift, is that a sign of poor form or a weak lower back?

I only recently got into heavy(er) lifts with a bar from a dumbbell routine. I have no issue getting the weight up, in fact I could definitely go heavier, but I'm terrified of snapping my shit up
>>
>>40738587
>With my emperor, and your hanged man, we we will be unstoppable!
>>
>start paying attention to girl at my school
>realise that if I ever want to be with her I have to ignore her
>hangs around me slightly more, mires occasionally (this could be placebo)
What does it mean?
>>
>>40739750
it means say hi to her you fucking autist
>>
how many calories/protons would you say are in 25 assorted piece of sushi, each about the size of a quarter?

10 of those piece were just the fish on rice so those must have a decent protein/calorie ratio

Other pieces were mostly some fish, avocado and rice

Any ballpark guesses?
>>
>>40739785
no but google gave me this
http://www.sushifaq.com/sushi-health/calories-in-sushi/
>>
>>40739342

Genuinely, does anyone have any idea? What might be weak? How do I isolate it. or do I just keep pressing?
>>
>>40739772
Will do
Wish me luck brahs
>>
>>40739085
>Is it safe for me to do weighted squats?
I don't know, but in your position I would do leg press, db squats and lunges, isolation machines and cardio that hits legs like sprints. Obviously stop if you get any pain
>>
This is probably a stupid question but If you were gonna start lifting for the first time and were a 6 foot 150 pound skinny fat how much would you start with for a bench press?
>>
>>40739874
how many pushups can you do?
>>
>>40739874
Also how would you progress like start off with low weight work your way up to heavy weight ever time you hit a certain amount of reps and sets like 5x5 or just
Whenever you feel strong enough add like 10-15 pounds and try that
>>
>>40739878
just did 15
>>
>>40739874

Was in your position, couldn't even bench the bar first time i went. Do one set with just the bar for technique, if that's easy add 5kg plates.
>>
>>40739913
Okay cool thats what I've been doing and now I'm up 65 pounds
>>
>>40739934

Then keep going?
>>
File: OApBf7J.jpg (61KB, 418x619px) Image search: [Google]
OApBf7J.jpg
61KB, 418x619px
What's the best preworkout? Also is preworkout mainly just caffeine and b vitamins?
>>
>>40739709
bumping muh question
>>
>>40739709

Depends. Do you have good flexibility in your back? No pain from bones when stretching? Then your spines okay. Back hurts when you deadlift, at the start but squating is alright? Pain when you sit for long periods of time? Probably from hip/muscle imbalance.
>>
Former skinny fat that ran an garbage bulk cycle and then basically lost it all after going starvation mode for a year and a half.

I've still got horrible stretch marks in my delts and arms from the first bulk, will doing a clean bulk now make them worse?
>>
>>40739952
Thanks
>>
>>40739305
Turbo manlet for sure. The shorter you are the bigger your muscles look. You could lift the same amount of weight as a 6'2" lanky mf and look jacked.
>>
>>40739974
extremely good flexibility, I've struggled with bad posture forever though. Squats are good, no problems there. I deadlifted tuesday with no issues, maybe weak lower muscles are still sore? idk

If I was doing my max weight and getting pain that would be one thing, but I was doing rep weight and getting way more sore in lower than upper which seemed weird, no pain in my spine though just the wrong muscles.
>>
File: Which.jpg (488KB, 1289x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Which.jpg
488KB, 1289x1062px
Which booster, of this three, should I try out.

> use once or twice a week
> hitting gym straight after waking up
> need to work later that day
>>
>>40739557
Experience. Just listen to your body. There's usually a difference between in the types of pain. One is kinda like "wow I'm tired and sore holy shit" and the other is kinda like "my joints are making noise and something other than my muscles hurt". The latter is overtraining
>>
File: IMG_7520.jpg (2MB, 2358x3144px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7520.jpg
2MB, 2358x3144px
Any good tutorials for shrugs?

Do I pull my shoulders back?
>>
>>40738984
>goal body

I hope this is a meme im unaware of.
>>
>>40740018
Those boxes are really cool, just sayin'.
>>
How are the buff dudes to teach beginners proper workouts forms and tips?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4qRntuXBSc

Should i listen to them or are they full of misinformation?
>>
>>40740109
Her face reminds me of the grinch that stole Christmas
>>
File: perfect dl form.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
perfect dl form.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>40740194
They seem to have good advice. Check this webm also for optimal deadlifting form.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160506-175239.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160506-175239.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
Has anyone seen crazy gains with HMB like some of the studies have reported? I don't want to waste $25 if it was all smoke and mirrors.
>>
>>40739342
What's your ohp?
>>
>>40740751

25kg
>>
>>40739624
Midpoint is Madcow with accessories.
>>
>>40740761
And where's your sticking point? (Lockout, midlift, getting off the chest, etc)
>>
>>40740807

Off chest through to midlift.
>>
>>40740821
Sounds like your front delts are your week spots.

This is a good article on different techniques to get past it.
>>
>>40740821
>>40740893
Woops
https://www.t-nation.com/training/sticking-point-therapy
>>
>>40739839
>How do I isolate it
I'm guessing that's the problem - you did those 3 isolation exercises for a year or more and your form on bench is shit because you don't know how to use your muscles together
>>
My sleep is terrible. I've had insomnia for 9 years at this point. How do I improve sleep gains
>>
Lately I've been trying to incorporate Yoga into my weekly routine (once or twice per week, after muscle training) and I was wondering if Yoga helps with flexibility and muscle endurance? Because I seem to be sweating up a storm in every Yoga class.
>>
>>40741072
Have a set sleeping schedule and routine that you do every night before sleeping. I always fap, take a hot shower, brush my teeth etc. Now if I try to take a hot shower at a random time of the day I'll feel tired as fuck after because I'm so used to it.
Also read about melatonin and sun light and how it all affects your sleep
>>
>>40740910

Thank you

>>40740920

Only lifted for 3 months, bench has been the biggest problem the whole time.
>>
File: 1489788063543.jpg (1MB, 4500x4136px) Image search: [Google]
1489788063543.jpg
1MB, 4500x4136px
>>40738479

how long before i look like i actually lift
>>
are SI hip injuries common for deadlifting? After I pointed out the exact location of it to my doctor, she suggested it was the HI hipjoint ligamints that are probably inflamed and need healing?

Have some pain in my mid back, can squat okay other than racking/deracking but Deadlifting makes my whole body go nope.
>>
File: doug_hepburn_squats.jpg (42KB, 550x394px) Image search: [Google]
doug_hepburn_squats.jpg
42KB, 550x394px
>>40738479
Is the Hepburn method good for a beginner?

Upper Body day
> Press from Stands (out of the rack, if you prefer)
> Bench Press
> Two-hands Curl
Lower Body day
> Squat
> High-Pull
> Deadlift

Compounds done 8x2 -> 8x3.
>>
How bad is it if I have to take a a session of squats out of ss. My legs can't keep up. I'm not sure if it's since I'm cutting or because I work a physical job and average about 20k steps a day or both. My quads are dieing and my form was shit today.
>>
>>40741305
dyel?
>>
How do i keep my shoulders from taking control of curls?
>>
File: 1472792421247.jpg (126KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
1472792421247.jpg
126KB, 540x675px
How is my routine?

A day
>Squat 3x5
>PC/Row 5x3/3x5
>Bench 3x5
>Chins 3x12
>DB rows 3x10
>DB curl 3x10
>Cable row 3x10
>EZ curl 3x10
>GHR 3x10
>Cable crunch 3x8

B day
>Front Squat 3x5
>OHP 3x5
>Deadlift 1x5
>Dips 3x12
>Seated DB press 3x10
>Fly 3x10
>Machine Press 3x10
>Pec Deck 3x10
>BB Lunges 3x10
>Ab roller

Doing this 4 days a week. Is it too much?
>>
Can anyone tell me if a bulged disc heals over time. I hurt it back in November it has gone down in pain. No longer feel numbness in legs but it's still achy if I carry more than 15 lbs on my back for a hour or more.
I'm not asking for any deadlift comments it was due to falling off a roof.
>>
>>40741337
It means the hip joint is degrading due to the femur bone moving against it. I would stop deqdlifting for a while and get a mri. I also have si joint issues due to my misaligned femur bones.
>>
File: latest.png (325KB, 806x618px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
325KB, 806x618px
I want to be in peak physical shape within two years.

I understand a lot about lifting but my concern is cardiovascular health. I know that you should do cardio but if I want my heart to be as strong as it can be, how do I go about achieving said goal? I started C25K but what do I do during off days? Shouldn't I be doing cardio everyday? Maybe that comes from various studies claiming 30mins of exercise a day will keep you healthy but im not fully educated on the subject.

What would be the baseline of physical activity for a 20 year old to maintain peak cardiovascular strength? If not peak then very good.
>>
>>40741758

Does squating do that as well? It feels like its honestly the muscle that runs up my ass. When I first start the lift thats when I get the pain spasm and the exact location.
>>
One day when I woke up I had those weird pinkish marks on my skin, on the front of my armpit, just about where your arm bends. At first I thought it may be some illness, but I've had them for about 3 weeks now, and if not for a mirror, I'd have never realised I even haD those - no pain, no itching, nothing.
I have no idea what it is or what do, it doesn't seem to be going away. I thought they might be stretch marks, but I haven't been losing weight at all, and they appeared overnight so I'm completely out of ideas.
What do?
>>
>>40741807
You could do some HIIT. Just straight Tabata sprints will burn out your lungs nicely. Kbells. Sled pulls. Anything dynamic. Be creative.
>>
>>40741873
Mine is right in the Grove connection the si join to the hip pelvic area on my right side. It happens in the front and back when I used to squat but I bulged my disc due to my femur bone being out of alignment.
Have you ever hurt your bac?
>>
>>40741748
Yup. Look up Bill Starr's back rehab. And Dr Stuart McGill's big three. And lie down on your stomach in the cobra pose after a workout.
>>
>>40742081
Thanks very much, it seems like it's getting better but the progress is very slow. Did you also hurt your back?
>>
>>40742080

Not a hurt disc, thought it was that before but I haven't lost mobility. My ass hurts to sit on for prolong periods of time. had some sciatic involvement but that has gone away.

The pain is primarily on the back, none at all on front or side. Goes up to my lower back.
>>
I am having some knee pain during squats that seems to go away once i get to do a couple of reps with heavy weights but up to that point theres some pain that i get,it's not stabbing pain but i don't know how to describe it and it lasts for a couple of days if i keep squatting,any idea what might be causing it and how to solve this issue?,i've heard i should warm up first but i have yet to try that out yet
>>
>>40742113
That's also where I have pain but it's also the si joint. I'm getting surgery to correct my leg alignement so I can actually fix the root cause. My sciatica also went away thank God it was horrible.
>>
>>40742112
Yeah. Romanian deadlifts with lmao3pl8. Cutie got on the ass machine right in front of me. Lost focus and snapped my shit up. Those two programs helped the most.
>>
>>40742167
God damn I never even tried more than 20lbs on squat. Do you still experience pain? Have you returned to a good life.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (8KB, 188x217px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
8KB, 188x217px
Ultimate gym nooblet here, 5'10" and 148.8lbs, weighed today. my question has to do with caloric intake: I consume around 1300-1500 calories a day, I measure, but it's not in any kind of particular food, just whatever the dining hall at my uni is serving for the day. However, If I'm burning upwards of 300 calories a gym session, am I losing gains because I'm not eating much? Should I eat more or less?
Also, When I'm at the gym I do a lot of cardio on treadmills, which doesn't really count because they're treadmills. I used to be Track and field/XC in high school so I run about a 5k every gym visit without being tired. Should I cut out the running for more lifting? I feel like it's the only thing keeping me skinny.
>>
>>40742233
Start eating more. Your noob gains will come, but if you don't do a cal surplus you'll plateau in 3 months.
>>
>>40741966
Pics?
>>
>>40742167
holy shit gains goblins are real
>>
>>40742233
Used to weight 110 I weigh 155 now, try to make your own protein dense calorie shakes plus if you can try to spend more on food get just anything you like and eat it in mass. Don't get garbage though try to ear healthy.
>>
>>40742233
you only get stronger if you gain muscle mass

if you're not gaining weight, you're not gaining muscle mass

if you're not gaining weight, you're not eating enough
>>
>>40739342
How tf do you curl more than you bench? Did you fuck your pecs up at one point?
>>
>>40742561

I've essentially avoided exercise for 13 years.
>>
>>40742561
probably terrible form
>>
Been riding a bike to work for a few weeks and seem to get a dry cough every few days, any way to get rid of this? Do I have the AIDS now?
>>
>>40741586
yes, sadly.
>>
>>40742196
I have pain, but not from that injury.
>>
>>40742628
Yeah bike seats cause AIDS. Rip in peace
>>
Recently I managed to fix my shoulder and back enough to start lifting again after not exercising for ~2 years. Tonight I lifted for an hour and decided to get on the track for maximum torture. I was feeling a little light-headed, but that's nothing special.

10 seconds in, I get a fucking charley horse and feel like I'm gonna pass out. Then my lower back starts tensing up while I'm sitting on the ground working my calf and trying not to faint/vomit. Later on my other leg gets a charley horse in the locker room. I consider it all part of the fun, but seriously, what the fuck happened?
>>
What is the closest thing to steroids that you can order off Amazon or Bodybuilding.com?
>>
>>40742737
These muscle cramps can have many possible causes directly resulting from high or low pH or substrate concentrations in the blood, including hormonal imbalances, dehydration, low levels of magnesium, potassium or calcium (although the evidence has been mixed),[3][4][5] side effects of medication, or, more seriously, diseases such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and neuropathy.[6] They are also a common complaint during pregnancy.[7]
>>
>>40741072
No coffee after 12pm. Meditate, or pray. Get a better pillow.
>>40741108
yoga is good.
>>40741611
lower weight.
>>
>>40742866

Sounds like I might have a deficiency. Thanks anon.
>>
>>40738479
If I diddly with mixed grip, should I alternate hand position each session?
>>
So what's the deal with those elastic bands some people put on their bar and attach to the powercage during a squat?
Form assist or something?
>>
Is grip strength training a worthwhile thing to do? Brian Shaw said not to do it more than once a week. Could any anons who do it please tell me what they do for grip strength training, and what results they've seen from it?
>>
How much frequency per week is too low for each muscle group?
>>
>>40743128
Grip is probably one of the best things to train. I just started some stuff because my deadlift was failing at 275 even with mixed grip due to my poor grip and small hands.

I use the wrist roller, farmers walk, rack pulls, and hammer curls. I have noticed a bit of improvement but I just started so I'll get back to you in a while.
>>
I've been having some pains and twitching in my liver area. It feels kind of like a stomach cramp but in my right side. I've had an ultrasound done a while ago but nothing came back. What do?
>>
>>40743311
Gotta watch out for pains on your right
That's where your appendix is
>>
>>40743311
How long ago was awhile ago?

It's probably not your appendix because you'd be running a fever and be close to (if not already) vomiting if it was.
>>
So I am doing keto and it's been going great for 2 weeks, what does a cheat meal do to me?
>>
>>40743354
Yeah I figure its not my appendix because its been going on for a while probably a year or so. I guess its not very serious though. It comes and goes.
>>
>>40743356
Fucks up the ketosis and make you stop losing weight for some days.
>>
If youre cutting should you do SL? Also can you do cardio on off days while doing SL?
>>
>>40743387
Have you seen a GI doc? It may be IBS or gas pains.

>>40743425
I'd personally recommend SS because the lower volume may be more accommodating for the calorie deficit, but if you're comfortable doing SL, go for it. Also, always do cardio. Skipping it is just a meme
>>
>>40741718
Shameful bump
>>
File: IMG_3810.jpg (254KB, 1242x1238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3810.jpg
254KB, 1242x1238px
Is 5x5 good for working sets of 220lbs bench and 355 lbs deadlift if I'm not doing a linear progression?

Also does it matter if I have to take a quick pause to catch my breath mid set for squats, cleans, and deadlifts?
>>
>>40743494
No and no
>>
File: IMG_6287.jpg (120KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6287.jpg
120KB, 1024x1024px
>>40743528
What kind of set/rep scheme should I be looking at? I'm still adding weight doing 5x5s, I just don't know what the best way to build more strength/mass is.
>>
I wrestled for 5 years and I have bad knees. I'm getting back into a regular lifting routine after a long while and i've been putting off squats because of my knees. I did 135 just to get the blood flowing and there was a fairly intense tightness on the inside of my right knee. At that point I stopped and resorted to bodyweight squats. I kinda sorta don't have health insurance currently, so I don't want to go to the doctor and I don't want to injure my knees fully. Should I keep doing simple body weight squats? Or just ride a bike for cardio and pump that way?
>>
Is 18 too late to turn your life around?
>>
Just started lifting about 3 months ago, is it normal to leave the gym and always be horny as fuck for the rest of the day?
>>
File: IMG_0944.png (82KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0944.png
82KB, 640x1136px
Lost 22lbs over two months and then not a single pound for three weeks. Ive been improving on my lifts but I really doubt im gaining muscle as fast as Im losing bodyfat. I measure everything I eat, count calories, adjusted my TDEE, and take yohimbine fasted every morning. Anyone have any experience breaking through a similar plateau? Im thinking about dropping calories further but 1500 a day seems like starvation for 6'0 200lbs
>>
I am thinking about making a photo blog to catalog my weight loss (and maybe even show off to people later).

Any idea what kind of body angle I should be taking? I think I am comfortable being in underwear but I wonder what more I can show off beyond front and side shots. I wonder what muscle and body area I should be focusing on. Maybe legs as well? I got thunder thighs
>>
File: australia.png (386KB, 505x540px) Image search: [Google]
australia.png
386KB, 505x540px
Should I do /fit/'s version of phraks gslp OR reddits ppl from their sticky?
Both seem really good, I want to get thick and bigger
>>
File: wrong country.jpg (68KB, 700x748px) Image search: [Google]
wrong country.jpg
68KB, 700x748px
Has anyone here had knee surgery or know someone who as? What was the pain like afterwards and how long did you have to take meds to dull the pain?

> pic unrelated
>>
i have some peanuts that are blanch super raw, are they good for health and gains or is my skinny assed being memed
>>
File: 1200.jpg (103KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
103KB, 1200x675px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozVFRpAR--E

How did this nigga lose all this weight and gain so much mass in 1 year?
>>
worst that could happen if i drink a fuck ton of diet soda? , 0 cals
>>
should i still eat at a deficit while being on keto ? can i eat lettuce ?
>>
I was working off an injury for about a month and haven't been to the gym, though in that time I've developed a sweet tooth thanks to getting too comfortable with some friends from out of town.

How do I kick it? I'm getting cravings like crazy.
>>
>>40744492

Some people can't handle the sugar alcohols in thing like Diet Pepsi with the Aspartme. Causes a gut imbalance leading to a pudgy stomach and gooey wet shits.

But then the other thing is stuffing your face with diabetes. If you need a drink, I suggest low calorie but still tasty and real enough alternatives like Liptons Green Tea with Citrus.
>>
File: asia_beaches-wallpaper-1920x1080.jpg (803KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
asia_beaches-wallpaper-1920x1080.jpg
803KB, 1920x1080px
I current take no supplements. I get enough protein from my strict diet. I'm making awesome gains recently but I'm starting to wonder if I'm missing out on certain supplements that can be beneficial

Can someone give me a rundown on supplements like a daily multivitamin, BCAAs, zinc pills etc ? What is something that doesn't hurt to incorporate into my diet and training?
>>
>>40744625

Vitamin D if you aren't getting enough of it. Vitamin B is a meme, you can only absorb 5mg of it at a time causing you to pee the rest out. Vitamin A is very toxicity in high amounts because its fat soluable. You can get too much while bulking, then start cutting and as you burn the fat your brain can explode.

True fax.

But really the Vitamin D and fish oil are the 10/10 you want to incorporate. anywhere between 1g-2g of omega 3 fatty acid from fish oil is good on any day. Will save your heart.
>>
Just got the patty melt and the hashbrowns
>>
for maximum gains, is it appropriate to train til failure for each set?
>>
File: Forest.jpg (649KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Forest.jpg
649KB, 1024x768px
Is losing 4kg a month a safe rate to lose fat?

Will only be cutting for 2 months just to get down to 10% body fat
>>
I figure this belongs here tho not strictly fitness related.

How do I fuck a virgin?
Been 'dating' for like a month. Yet to do PIV. Nervous to initiate bc of literal monster dong that's super uncomfortable for most girls.

The fuck do I do? She's a pure, innocent 19 yo virgin and I dont want to ruin her.
>inb4 lube
>inb4 more foreplay

no joke 10x7, its a curse not a blessing
>>
>>40744950
just let her know once you get to that point and tell her it's okay if she doesn't want to do PIV first session.

Face it mang, a virgin (unless she has a fetish) is probably not going to be into that.
>>
>>40744950
10x7 legit u should be doing porno ur bigger than like 90% of them and GL fucking a normal non sloot girl with that and by sloot I mean like fucks multiple guys on the reg
>>
I remember this website that shows you how what level different muscle groups are at by your 1rm and represents different levels with different colors. Can anybody tell me the name of the site?
>>
I've been doing more bench press and dumbbell incline press recently and I have more trouble pushing the weight up to start my sets than I do with reps. Does this mean my triceps and shoulders are too weak?
OHP is 1pl8 for sets of 6, and I'm currently pushing 205 barbell press and 70s for incline dumbbell press, if this helps
>>
>pinched a nerve in the base of my skull a few days ago
>forget about it
>starts aching yesterday during deadlifts & pull-ups, kinda ruins workout

I can't go the gym for a week after today and wanted to go this morning. Should I?
>>
File: 1460059821277.jpg (33KB, 434x486px) Image search: [Google]
1460059821277.jpg
33KB, 434x486px
Is cross training a meme?
>>
>>40743484
>>40743484

You mean AxBxAxB yeah? Not A 4x, B 4x a week?
>>
>>40745075
Strength standards
Or strstds if I remember correctly
>>
>>40745231
AxBxABx because it fits in better with my school schedule, but yes
>>
Absolutely fucked my back up today so I can't really squat deadlift for a few months and was thinking about buying a speed chute to improve my sprinting speed has anyone used them and had success?
>>
File: IMG_0776.jpg (113KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0776.jpg
113KB, 640x1136px
Can i look good with this frame?
>>
Will exercising,eating right,sleeping well etc.
to increase my Test, Cause More Facial Hair growth?
im 18 and i my facial hair is laughable and my chest is hairless,While My Father Has a full Beard And is Hairy like an Ape.Im Afraid I've fucked myeslf over with my sedentary living and will never accomplish my genetic potential because of that.

So If I lift and do everything right,How Much of an Improvement should i expect?
>>
I hurt my knee a few years ago and my doctor says I cant lift, is calisthenics a good alternative to it without having to do it for 3 years before seeing returns? Doing it mostly for the health benefits
>>
I recently found my old pair of racing flats still in good condition and I was wondering if they would be a good shoes to do squats in?
>>
>>40745361
it won't make a difference. however, most people don't see their facial hair peak until their early 20s.

if you don't get any, good for you. shaving sucks and stubble is not attractive
>>
Guys is my diet ok?

>protien shake in the morning
>skip lunch
>2 scrambled eggs on toast for dinner with an orange/apple
>almonds/nuts for snacking
>water/tea/ ora nge juice only
>vitamin d/omega 3 supplements
>walk/jog 5 days/week for 1 hour

i need 2300 calories/day to lose 1 pound a week.

Am i under eating though? Im kinda worried
>>
I do PHUL 4 days a week but might have to cut it to 3 days. What routine should i do? Or alternate U and L?
>>
>>40745361
Having a lot of hair isn't really as important as you think
>>
>>40745390
Whats your height, weight and calorie intake with that meal plan?
>>
>>40745390
>trying to cut
>drinking fruit juice

can't make this shit up folks
>>
>>40745075
symmetricstrength
>>
>>40745390
how would that make 2300 calories, sounds like 1500 or less unless you're snacking like a fat fuck and drinking litres of orange juice
>>
is there a specific reason I see chinups reccomended for accessory work and not pullups or is it simply because a lot of people find it hard to even do a pullup without kipping?
>>
>>40745582
Chinups are more accessible so that's the main factor, but some people (like Rip on occasion) use the term interchangeably with pullups in talking about accessory work.
>>
>>40745420
5'7 200 lbs, calorie intake 745

>>40745571
I haven't been snacking in that way , that number is just what a site gave me that should be my daily calories
>>
>>40745582

Chinups are slightly easier and use a bit more biceps than a pullup. Which is why you tend to see them in beginners or super-minimalist programs.
>>
>>40745609
That's retarded anon. If you wanna go low then do 1000 calorie deficit (around 1800 daily), but 2000-2300 would be ok.
>>
File: 1486686500617.jpg (52KB, 960x724px) Image search: [Google]
1486686500617.jpg
52KB, 960x724px
HELP PLS
I shrekt my mid back two days ago. After doing my lower body day, I foam rolled my back (dumb idea). After the foam rolling I've got pain, whenever I hunch over/try to pick something up. It's where the shoulder blades end, it's very local. Shoulders and lower back: no pain.
What do I do ;_; ?
>>
File: 1489470956384.jpg (5KB, 150x165px) Image search: [Google]
1489470956384.jpg
5KB, 150x165px
>>40738479
This is gonna sound really fucking stupid but the idea of what is considered cardio is kinda "off" to me. Is the heart rate being elevated in any regard cardio or MUST it be exercise?

My real questions are:

If I smoke or eat marijuana and my heart rate gets to 120-140 bpm sedentary, is that still beneficial to the heart like aerobic exercise?

If I'm extremely out of shape, lift, and get 140 bpm and keep it up, is that cardio?

Apologies if the latter question is in the sticky, though the former idea really fired my neurons.
>>
Why shouldn't I just get a DE safety razor from China? Isn't it just the blades that matter?
>>
>>40745795
eat marijuana

What? People do that?
>>
>>40745867

It's not technically eating the actual plant (it's more of an infusion sort of thing) but yeah, people do it as a way to get high without the health issues associated with smoking.
>>
>>40745598
>>40745613
cool ty. ill stick to pullups then as it helps me work towards muscle ups
>>
Blog post incoming.

I've been lifting for a year and a half right now, and I've stalled too many times. My lifts are really low compared to what they should be. It's like I wasn't meant to be strong.

Bodyweight: 57 kg > 72 kg
Bench: 20kg > 57.5 kg
OHP: idk > 47.5 kg
Squat: idk > 80 kg
Deadlift: idk > 120 kg
I'm 5'7" by the way.

My period of greatest progress was when I was eating like crazy and taking protein powder and sleeping a lot and that was back in October. Bench went from 52 > 59 that month without a stall.

I've since graduated and haven't made any real progress.
I have become weaker due to several stressful months of studying and terrible diet and also a shoulder injury, and have worked my way back to stats related over a month and a half.

Again it feels like I've hit a fucking wall. I've moved to Bangalore and have no idea how to get big on a South-Indian diet. It is impossible to replicate the conditions from October, because work won't let me sleep as much as college did, and I don't know what/how to eat. I'm an intern on a budget, and buying protein powder is not very feasible. Can't cook because the hostel I live at does not allow us our own induction stove.

I want to make some real progress by the time October comes. I have access to a gym with a powercage. I would rather make slow steady progress, than the rapid progress that an LP would give, if that would be better in the long run, and if it means I can be more flexible with my diet, because I cannot eat enough to sustain progress very long if I do an LP. What do?
>>
File: 1485784188733.jpg (302KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1485784188733.jpg
302KB, 1440x810px
>>40746020
Gallon of milk a day.
Gallon of daal a day.

If you're such a smart intern, why do you fail at getting enough calories to sustain your own body?
>>
>>40746116
Already drinking a lite of milk a day. Already eating 5 whole eggs a day. Should I up my milk intake further?

I guess I've become so demotivated over the past few months that I'm scared that a few months down the line I'll look back and see zero progress. Not being able to consistently bench a plate 3x5, and stalling at 80kg squat again after so much time makes me feel terrible and makes me feel like just giving up altogether.
Believe it or not, I'd kill to be able to have affordable semi-decent dal here.
>>
>>40746188
YOU CANT OUTLIFT A BAD DIET
You need to sort your priorities. Food>liftan.

You see, I eat 100g of activated almonds/nuts, 1 liter of 3,5% milk, 250g quark and 4 eggs every day. That's 100g protein and 1800 kcal and if you buy pre-cooked eggs there is zero preparation time. I'm cutting atm so I'll eat another 800kcal in my uni to get to 2600. Just calculate your kcal needs online and adapt to a 200 to 500 kcal surplus.
This should be enough to sustain a LP.
Your magic October should convince you that you have the qualities to get big. Don't give up. Do it :-) And give your body some time to adapt to Bangalore, if that's unusual climate to you. Sort your diet out, deload and progess. Gogogo :-)

What do you intern in?
>>
People with big legs, what's the size of them? Im curious at how much i need to grow.
>>
I've heard mixed reports about BCAA. On the weekends I get up around 5 am to lift and I can't stomach food that early. Would taking BCAA on those days be beneficial? I've also noticed since I started taking BCAA all my small aches and pains have gone away but I don't know if they're the cause for that.
>>
>>40744968
yeah already had 'sex' just no penetration, probs just gonna have to hold off for a while
>>40744987
aus fag so no real in to the porn industry, have considered it several times.
took almost 2 months of warming up with ex (non-virgin) and even then we could only do it maybe weekly due to soreness on her behalf. women (unless they have a fetish) hate getting their cervices smashed in.
>>
how reliable are "body composition analysers"
got mine done at gym and I'm sub 10%. I'm deep in dyel mode and a 6"3' skelly, how is this possible?
>pic related
>>
>>40746583

Generally they aren't.

It's possible you're sub-10 if you're scrawny as fuck, but it wouldn't really matter. Knowing your exact BF% is largely irrelevant compared to the mirror and the scale unless you're in the military or something else where they're actually going to test it and base shit off the results.
>>
>>40746600
cheers for that, still trying to escape scrawnyness. will disregard test from here on out
>>
>>40746583
> I'm sub 10%. I'm deep in dyel mode and a 6"3' skelly, how is this possible?

you just said youre skelly and wonder how low bf% is possible? are you dumb?
>>
Ive been bulking and lifting for 4 months, 5k calories and gym everyday took me from skelly to builtfat (few stretch marks included) im 6'1 and went from 148 to currently 182 (20%bf) also ive never done abs or cardio work

so when cutting, if i use weights on my abs like weighted sit-ups, will it show my abs at a higher bf%? like bear-mode guys for example, they look like huge chubby built but with huge abs is that because they train abs with heavy weights to make the ab muscles bigger?
>>
>>40746678
weights or not depends on the exercise, visible abs depends on bf% and genetics

why in the world did you never train abs before
>>
File: enhanced-9718-1401384217-1.png (964KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-9718-1401384217-1.png
964KB, 625x625px
I love porridge but don't really have time to make it on work mornings, and quick oats are a poor compromise.
If I leave rolled oats in water overnight, can I just zap it in the morning?
How much water? I usually do 1 part rolled oats, 2 parts water, 1 part milk when cooking fresh, idk if that'd change.
How long would it take to cook assuming they've been soaking for 12-16 hours? Or even up to 24 if I just prep tomorrow's bowl in the morning.
Is the texture the same as fresh? The texture of cooked-then-reheated porridge is pretty shit, but these would still technically be fresh right?
Can I do the same with steel cut? Never tried them, but if I can cook them reasonably fast I might give it a go.

I can just experiment, but if anyone can save me some trouble I'd appreciate it.

I also thought this was a simple enough question to just google, but instead I got thrown down an ungodly hipster rabbit hole and really resent that, so I'm going to spend the rest of this post just on a rant, my apologies.
Turns out all that anyone on google wants to do is tell me how to make a tub of bullshit with a few oats sprinkled on top, how to put it in a fucking mason jar as if I'm both an impractical hipster douche as well as Patrick Star and need instructions on how to pour shit in a jar instead of a bowl, and how to make "no cook" oats in case I enjoy sucking down cold, sugary misery and am once again so stupid that I don't understand how to not cook something.
Oats. Water. Milk. That's all it is. Fuck off with your fruit, fuck off with your spices, fuck off with your butter, fuck off with your organic cold pressed coconut yogurt, jesus fucking christ. When did the world's simplest meal become such a chore? I'm sorry, is porridge not good enough for your ethical trade manuka honey sensibilities?
I just wanted to know how to make a bowl of plain and simple warm-hugs-from-mum peasant breakfast while cutting down on the 20 minute cook time, jesus christ, 1man1jar yourselves.
>>
>>40746733
you can cook oatz in a slow cooker overnight senpai.

just put ur old fashion oats in there before u go to bed, put in whatever shit u like, put it on low, go to bed
>>
>>40746721
so if someone does abs all the time their abs won't inflate and show at a higher bf%?

also never done abs because bulking and no time for abs
>>
>>40743862
im on 1600 at 6'3 and 170. I doubt youll starve
>>
>>40739624
To gain aesthetics you HAVE to get stronger. What's so hard to understand? If you bench 135 lbs for 6 months they won't grow unless you increase the wheight, it's not rocket science.. Doesn't matter if you do fullbody, upper lower, PPL or brosplit... Strength = Size as a natural. Get it in your head. One reason bodybuilders are bigger is because of higher training volume compared to powerlifters - even though they also do some volume training the bodybuilder surpass them.
>>
>>40744191
Im doing the fit gslp and even on a cut loving it. routine doesnt matter as much as sticking to one and what you have time for each day/week
>>
>>40744516
that is entirely based around what your goal is, although nobody bulks on keto
>>
>>40744684
no, thatll only cause you to overtrain and possibly injure yourself
>>
>>40746638
Oh I'm a confirmed and certified retard. I just see around here that <10% is ripped athlete is all. Hence the confusion.
>>
File: 20170316_184525.jpg (727KB, 1932x2576px) Image search: [Google]
20170316_184525.jpg
727KB, 1932x2576px
Estimate on approximate bf% ?

I'm working on the assumption I've another 30-50lbs to lose, since I've lost about that much already.
Also, yes I am aware I look horrendous, but could I at least get an estimate for once.
>>
If I were to do tabata training on an exercise bike would it be better to use active or passive rest?
>>
>>40746891
20-25%
>>
>>40746283
Thanks a lot for the motivation. You're right. I suppose I should start looking into getting some dry fruits. I'll try to get more milk into my diet, and also more chicken. I'm currently interning at IBM. Hopefully I'll get absorbed in the next few months. Thought I'd be doing data science, but really they're making me make applications with nodejs lol.
>>
Today I came back from gym pissed off at myself.

For some time I've been doing pulldowns on a machine as a part of my routine. I know it's supposed to work your lats but it is mainly my bicep that gets sore and limits the workload/number of reps. Week ago a trainer saw me and fixed my movements but I really couldn't tell if I was doing anything better. Today I tried to recreate that but I have no idea if I'm still doing them the way he showed me. I also tried different variations of pulldowns (close/wide/reverse grip) and cable rows and I realized I don't even know where/how am I supposed to feel lats in the first place. I watched some videos on the proper technique but from my perspective they all boil down to "push your chest forward and your shoulders backward" - not sure if that's enough to do them properly.

Are there any other easier excercises that'll help me to understand how to feel, flex and work lats on a pulldown machine?
>>
Been cutting for two weeks now, went from 74kg to 72kg so far. Started with 20%-25% bodyfat. I made some progress pics but did not notice any change yet.
My weekly routine consists of 4 training days with 15mins of HIIT cardio before every workout + 1hour runs on non-training days. 600 calories deficit currently.
Around which week can I expect to see some notable change on my body?
>>
How long can you go on nothing but black tea? I'm at this weird state where I haven't felt hungry at all for the past three days, so all I did was drink tea. Should I be worried?
>>
>>40746876
low bf + muscle = ripped
low bf + no muscle = skellington
high bf + no muscle = fat
high bf + muscle = anything from builtfat to sumo
>>
Trying to get ready for if I'm attacked, it's the only reason I work out but hey, it works - is just a speedbag going to help me fight the average guy?
>>
>>40746777
>also never done abs because bulking and no time for abs
nice b8, got me
>>
>>40746427
Anyone? Don't wanna waste my money
>>
>>40747177
Will that speedbag help you prevent the guy's friends from ganging up on your and stomping you to death? Because average guys rarely take someone on unless they've got backup.
>>
I normally workout five times a week and limit myself to 1200 calories a day. For some reason, I am absolutely starving today. I've had my breakfast, a brunch and I'm still really hungry.

Why am I so hungry? I can normally manage a day on 1200, plus a big workout. Why the sudden hunger?
>>
>>40747173
how about
avarage bf + inbetween no muscle and muscle
>>
>>40747250
well I mean it helps speed and accuracy so it'll help, my goal isn't to be some unbeatable jason bourne type, just to defend myself (in the uk so no guns or knives)
>>
>>40747177
If they are really out to attack you, they'll probably come prepared (knifes, gun, ect).

speedbag wont do shit for you
>>
>>40747281
average bf + average muscle = average

big surprise huh?
>>
>>40738608
soak them in water
>>
>>40747328
Not to mention that he's probably gonna be outnumbered and taken to ground pretty quick. At that point, unless you're a professional MMA fighter or something, you're pretty much fucked.
>>
>>40747331
im astonished
>with a hint of sarcasm :^)
>>
>>40747328
>>40747345
fuck sake lads, couldn't have told me everything will be fine if I use a speedbag could you also forgot to mention I usually travel in a group of 3+
>>
i'm doing 60 pushups day in day out
my question is, can i do these 60 every day?
>>
>>40747440
That's because a speedbag is for building technique that's only really useful in controlled one on one fights, such as boxing matches. Streetfights are rarely controlled or fought one on one. You need a different skillset to survive those, look up something like krav maga or any sort of self-defense system that's meant for saving your ass rather than fighting for points.
>>
Can lower back pain during OHP/squats and especially DL be due to weak abs? I know I was cheating on OHP and that's probably why it started hurting, but I'm pretty sure my form was okay for the other 2.

However, my abs were pretty weak for sure. I'm thinking of just doing ab and lower back isolation exercises for a couple of weeks before coming back to actual compounds, is this a good idea?
>>
>>40747476
if you have back pain DURING the lift, you should fix your shit asap and not do the problematic lifts until your shit is fixed. I know it sucks to hear, but the temporary setback is negligible compared to what will happen if you fuck up your discs permanently.

back to form videos, posture training, ab work. check for buttwink and such.
>>
>>40747456
yes but consider one rest day per week.
>>
>>40747501
Honestly, I haven't done any squats/DLs (they were never high) in a very long time because I had lost my passion for lifting due to work obligations. I had just maintained strength in my upper body with bench/dips/chins, but now I'm motivated to come back to it fully.

Think I'm gonna do what you said and along with it do squats/DLs but with really low weights and lots of volume focusing on form. I remember that warmup sets barely hurt or didn't at all, but working sets did.
>>
File: homemade-power-rack-shawn-2.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
homemade-power-rack-shawn-2.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
Homemade power racks vs buying ones?

Is the cost difference significant? Are there really going to be any extra safety concerns compared to assembling a flat pack one?
>>
File: Texas Method.png (11KB, 422x343px) Image search: [Google]
Texas Method.png
11KB, 422x343px
Is the texas method good for someone who has stalled at intermediate levels? my bug with it is that it recommends 8-10 minutes of rest between sets on Monday, which would make the entire session nearly 2 hours. also can the power snatches be replaced by something non-olympic, like dips, lunges, rows or a combination of these?

also if you have any advice or testimony on the texas method.
>>
File: home gym.png (1MB, 950x724px) Image search: [Google]
home gym.png
1MB, 950x724px
>>40747601
I built his for about $150. it was a fun project and it does its job.

downsides are it's non adjustable and is difficult to move.
>>
File: we're all gonna make it.jpg (47KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
we're all gonna make it.jpg
47KB, 500x335px
>>40747644
I would definitely go for an adjustable build if I did it.
>>
File: dumbbells.jpg (92KB, 1090x614px) Image search: [Google]
dumbbells.jpg
92KB, 1090x614px
How do I get a stronger back and shoulders only using dumbbells at home? I'm a tall giga-lanklet and I want to prevent spine issues as I get older.

Bonus: What exercise can I do to begin fixing forward head posture?
>>
So is this a good routine?

Mon: four miles jogging at noon time
The golden six at night.

Tue: three miles jogging
Randomab.org and 5 rounds of shadow boxing.

Wed: same as Monday

Thursday:same as Tuesday

Friday: same as Monday

Saturday: same as Tuesday

Sunday: walk 5 miles and rest.

Is there anything I should add
>>
>>40738479
I'm doing a bro split and want to work farmer's walks in, should I do them on back or leg day?
>>
Is there any research or literature that supports the idea of smaller muscle bellies being more responsive to high volume? Why are high volume movements for biceps/abs touted so often as opposed to high intensity?
>>
So programs often say to only do 1x5 deadlift but if you're not squatting that day should you do more sets or what
>>
I'm starting to go to the gym again this week after 6 months of not. I'm 6' 140 pounds. Last time I started going to the gym after a week I started having horrible burning pain in my inner elbows. Will just lowering the weight I'm starting at stop this from happening?
>>
>>40747834
Bat wings (google it) and pull aparts with a band

Also google a dumbell only routine.
But always do clean+press and waiter walk
>>
>>40748011
Lower weight, more pulls, neutral pressing and massage your forarm,
>>
>>40747866
Pls respond.
>>
>>40748002
Tey calling it, cause dealifts are hard to recover from for CNS.

If you want to do more do wave loading
>>
Is it normal to lose power while losing weight? I went from doing a 60 lb DB shoulder press for 3 sets of 10 to having difficulty pushing 50s. I lost over 10 lbs over to j last month but what gives?
>>
>>40747866
Yes to golden six maybe change the running.
Running every day can build up, take it easy.

I would add farmer walks in all varations.
>>
>>40748095
>>40747866
Do you feel comfortable with it and can keep it going well? Then it is a good routine.
Do not overthink making the perfect routine for the best gains until regular work outs have already become a habit.
Doing something is always better than doing nothing.
>>
>>40748109
Ok thank you
>>
>>40748119
It's normal to lose some strength, especially in upper body presses but not that much in one month, you're cutting too fast or fucking up your protein intake/sleep. Or maybe you're hungry when working out and can't push yourself?
>>
>>40748134
I do it every day and rest on Sunday is that good?

>>40748135
I'm just trying to keep muscle and lose weight.
>>
>>40748203
>I'm just trying to keep muscle and lose weight.
All that matters in that case is eating enough protein and not losing weight too quickly. You have no lifting in your routine, so I doubt you have any muscle that would be lost anyway.
>>
>>40747141
The change will be fluid across the weeks so you won't see a big difference at some particular week. Around 15% bf there may be some outlines of your abs if that's notable to you.

>>40747149
Eat something you idiot. What are you trying to achieve with that approach?

>>40747278
Because that's too low and the cravings are coming inevitably.

>>40747619
It's good if you want strength, if you want to look better then there are better programs.
>>
>>40741466
Shameless bump. Has anyone else taken squats out of the middle session of ss.
>>
Copypasting this from another thread:

Kyokushin karate or Muay thai? My goals are to unlearn fear of pain, meet some new friends (I'm a student who only knows students), get a good workout. The first two point towards MT, but I'd like to hear your opinion /fit/.

Also, does anyone have experience with dating/fucking martial art chicks? My first sexual experience was getting grinded by a girl at judo camp when I was 11 or 12 (as in, she was sitting across me grinding my dick with her crotch). I haven't really thought about it much, but maybe karate girls are fucked up in the right way? MT for friends, Kyokushin for grills? Help me out /fit/.
>>
is coconut oil a meme?
>>
>>40748295
Go have a look at both and inquire about sparring. Unless they are doing full contact sparring it is a waste of time.
>>
>>40748272
I replaced them for paused front squats 5x3 for one of two trainings, works alright. It's not like rippetoe will hear about it and punish you, you know?

>>40748299
It's good for frying at high temperatures, it's not magic.
>>
>>40748323
I'm taking them out. My quads aren't keeping up. They were still super sore after the two off days. Not usual soreness either. Almost painful. And doesn't go away after lifting again. Quads need a break. And ripple tits is always watching and judging
>>
>>40744269
Anyone?
>>
>>40748225
The golden six isn't lifting?
>>
>>40738534
yup, but I'd rather go 5x5 myself
>>
>>40748404
Father and coworker have had knee replacements. My dad is still in pain all the time and coworker has pain every know and then. Of course they are all old af though
>>
>>40748402
How long have you been lifting btw? My first leg workout left me almost unable to walk for a few days, but it wore off and never happened again.
>>
>>40745368
why can't you lift? i mean, what is actually wrong with the knee? lateral or medial instability?

what about a brace? i wear a donjoy armor.
>>
>>40748410
Sorry, missed that. You should be fine. Like I said what matters the most for saving muscle while losing weight is having enough protein. As long as you get enough protein in your diet your body wont resort to getting it from your muscles. It can get energy from your fat stores but not protein.
Moderate strength training will also help conserve muscle mass, so you should be good.
>>
>>40747034
i'm no expert, but i had the same bicep feel and now what i do is keep my back straight and drive my elbows toward my sides
>>
>>40747034
It's like you want to put the elbows in the back pockets of your pants. Or maybe your biceps is really weak and you feel it before you can actually tire your lats?
>>
>tfw bigger than skinny fat
>tfw want to lose weight
>tfw stalling on pathetically low weights for the past week (115 lb bench, 65 lb OHP, 205 lb deadlift)
Should I try to lose weight and just deal with the lack of progress or just eat nonstop in the hopes that I can increase my lifts?
>>
>>40748524
What is more important to you? Also height/weight?
>>
>>40748544
6' 160 lbs. I guess losing weight
>>
Is there a good intro guide for daily stretching? I've been blessed with the flexibility of a rock.
>>
>>40748569
You're pretty light for your height already, if you want to cut then go ahead, but keep in mind that you don't have that much muscle and won't look super ripped even at 10% bf. On the other hand you don't have much fat to lose so it should be fast and then you can quickly hop on the gains train.
>>
>>40748569
Don't guess. Pick one and do it: bulk or cut. Commit to it. Flip a coin if you have to.
>>
>>40748603
>>40748605
Ok thanks lads
>>
Should I take fish oil capsules before bed or in the morning?
>>
>>40748629
I don't think it really matters. Mine came with the recommendation of 3 a day with each meal.
>>
>>40748440
About month on ss. It was fine for awhile. This soreness doesn't go away when lifting again like normal. It's sore and painful even while squatting especially coming out of hole. It's heads of muscles down by knees mostly. Just gonna cut frequency to twice a week. I think the diet is killing the growth
>>
what's the minimum amount of work to only maintain strength and size? I'm thinking

Bench 3*8
Squats 3*8
Chin ups 3*8

3 times a week.
>>
Trying to introduce oats on my breakfast but i don't want them with milk/yogurt, just water.

Any recipes or recommendations?
>>
>>40747601
Built One. Was good. Overengineered. Then bought one for convenience, smaller, lighter, adjustable, even cheaper. Made a table and a pl8 rack out of the old squat rack. So, just buy if you're all about cost.
>>
>>40748802
Add a shitton of fruit, they're very bland without milk.
>>
>>40748817
How much did you buy one for? All the ones I have looked at are $500+, which is way more than I could afford.
>>
>>40748427
Thanks Anon. Do you remember how long after surgery it was more manageable? (Re: not having to take heavy meds or meds at all.)
>>
when doing chinups i get pain on the inside of my right elbow, what could be causing this? are you supposed to flare your elbows during chinups?
>>
>>40748872
I believe my dad took meds for around 6 months maybe. I know it's a huge deal. He also had a little addiction issues after though. He used pills for close to a year after needed and after his prescriptiim. Later admitted he was slightly hooked so use sparingly if ya can.
>>
>>40748848
Titan t3. Amazing rack. 400 bucks. Free shipping.
>>
>>40749025
Whole heartedly appreciate, thank you m8.

>>40748979
I get that too and I can only do pull ups without the twinge. Make sure you don't half rep, I half repped my chins/pulls and aggravated it further and now I have a hard time doing any chins and curls. I never flared. Maybe check out some of Omar's stuff. He did a crazy year where he did mass amount of pull ups:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=omar+chin+up
>>
>>40748839
Will do bruh, thanks
>>
>>40748979
I think that's tendinitis of your forearm
>>
>>40749162
It's a definite life changing surgery with a long rehab. My guess is it's gotta be better than the pain your in now to want or need surgery. Get it while you can though. I need shoulder surgery. Can't afford to take off work for the months of rehab. Shoulda got it when I was younger and had the opportunity
>>
>>40749212
DESU knee/shoulder surgeries are NEVER 100% success, more like a hit or miss ones. Do a lot more research before applying for a surgery, it has a huge chance to not do jack shit.
>>
>>40749262
My shoulder rolls out of socket. Hit or miss it won't fix itself. The muscle gets stronger around it and helps keep it in socket but no matter what it can still roll out. One time it rolled out doing ohp. Fucking bar slammed into my head as I dropped weight. Hand to roll around on ground like a faggot till it went back in place. Thank God for homegym and no one seen
>>
Should I run or do push-ups first?
>>
File: IMG_20170318_183359.jpg (3MB, 2976x3968px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170318_183359.jpg
3MB, 2976x3968px
What can I do to prevent callouses when deadlifting heavy? Shit fucks me up
>>
>>40748584
Limber 11
>>
>>40749212
Someone I know totalled their leg - actual leg bones and knee destroyed. He's withdrawn a lot and I want to know how what I can do and understand how long the pain will last.

I hope you're able to get your shoulder fixed soon.
>>
Will someone teach me gym etiquette before I consider signing up?
>>
>>40749457
Yea he prob hit for awhile. Watch him for signs of pain pill abuse. I'm serious they are no good. Everyone in my family grandmother included who has had to take them for extended period of time suffers an addiction. Good luck anon
>>
>>40749567
don't hog the equipment, wipe after yourself, don't take pics of other people, don't speak unless spoken to.
>>
So I'm trying to get better eating habits and generally being healthy but my diet for the last 10 or so years have been to eat normally during the day then eat a lot after dinnertime. Ive tried dieting and it worked for a bit, but I'm having enormous problems going to bed hungry.
Will it get better for me after some days of going to bed hungry?
>>
My hands get extremely sore after pull-ups. Like one or two are enough for them to hurt. Wat do?
>>
>>40749598
yes. Eat a meal with a lot of fiber, water and proteins at around 19pm and you will not be hungry. if you are hungry after 8pm, you need to realise that it is in your head. it is the habit of eating, not actual hunger, that makes you feel this way.
>>
>>40749624
How long will the habit of eating go away?
also could you recommend me a meal that contains fiber and proteins?
>>
>>40749567
>>40749589
This and have a goal. Have an idea of what you're going to do (ie: SL5x5) When I was new I went in and did 5x5 and I had the front desk guy tell me that the guys respected me because I came in on a regular basis and had goals instead of floating around to any free machine for a few pussy reps.

>don't speak unless spoken to.
Nods of acknowledgement OK tho
>>
>>40749599
stop cracking your fingers
>>
>>40749637
Not that anon, but protein will fill you up. I have a cast iron pan and use it to bake chicken breast with broccoli. I season the breast with some salt and pepper and some butter and then sprinkle olive oil and salt on the broccoli and bake for about 40min. I do then when I come home from the gym before I shower and by the time I'm out of the shower and done my grooming, my dinner is done.

Chew your food properly and it'll be more satisfying. I find if I wolf down my dinner I wake up hungry.
>>
>>40749642
I'm not. It's probably the softness of my hands, but I don't know how to deal with it.
>>
File: 1332019861969.jpg (53KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1332019861969.jpg
53KB, 300x300px
>>40749640
>This and have a goal. Have an idea of what you're going to do (ie: SL5x5) When I was new I went in and did 5x5 and I had the front desk guy tell me that the guys respected me because I came in on a regular basis and had goals instead of floating around to any free machine for a few pussy reps.
I FUCKING HATE THOSE FAGGOTS THAT JUST FOLLOWS THEIR FRIENDS WITHOUT ANY ACTUAL GOAL
>>
>>40749670
Thanks anon, ill get chicken into my diet more. Is it unhealthy to eat chicken every day or every other day? also would you encourage just focusing on eating the meal or is it fine if I eat as well as watching something?
>>
>>40749637
the habit can go away in a day if you believe in it. your present self has no obligation to be consistent with your former self from 5 minutes ago. meal ideas:

italian-ish salad. throw whatever vegetables, chicken, olive oil, grated parmesan in a big bowl. stir. eat. tomatoes is great with parmesan.

asian-ish stir fry:
chicken (cut in strips)
any combination of: cabbage, broccoli, carrots (grated), onions
sesame oil
any combination of : white vinegar (only a little), soya sauce, sriracha
water
throw in pan, stir.
>>
>>40749704
>the habit can go away in a day if you believe in it. your present self has no obligation to be consistent with your former self from 5 minutes ago.
What do you mean?
>>
>>40739193

Seconding this.
Did physio for thoracic outlet syndrome a couple years ago, therapist mentioned wall pushups for winging, but I never really saw the improvement.
>>
>>40749697
> also would you encourage just focusing on eating the meal or is it fine if I eat as well as watching something?
You're starting to overthink. Don't get anxious about Doing Everything Rightâ„¢ because you'll lapse because something is slightly off. I know from experience.

Eating chicken won't hurt you, unless it's KFC. I eat bacon and eggs regularly and stock up on fats. This works with my body and for my lifestyle. I know friends who are vegan/vegetarian and that works for them. Listen to your body and if you feel off eating certain foods, don't force yourself. Look and ask for alternatives.
>>
>>40749758
Alright thanks
im just nervous cause I've been chubby my entire life and im still young so im hoping to change my health for the better
>>
File: Db150-03.png (379KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
Db150-03.png
379KB, 576x432px
how are these rows compared to a straight back?
https://youtu.be/8-UeMXgo89Q?t=1m16s
>>
>>40749720
that the fact you have done something wrong for a long time is no excuse to not change it immediately.
>>
>>40739193
>>40749733
Try these and search their channels as they have multiple videos:

Omar Isuf:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8azuavwS9M

Alan Thrall:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKc6hwPvsHg

Got Rom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htc6tsL6BDQ

Chandler Marchman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU1n0ZxTZTU
>>
>>40749773
You got this. The right attitude and a willing to better oneself will outweigh (no pun intended) any 'mistakes' you think you might make.
>>
>>40749796
of course, but im asking if the feeling of wanting food after 7 pm will go away
>>
>>40748163
Well, it's the workout I do as soon as I wake up (optimal fat burning.) Coupled with sleep deprivation, it makes sense. I gotta get my shit in gear. Also, I may have been going too fast (less than 30 seconds between sets)
>>
>>40749850
it will never go away entirely, but you will get better at recognizing it and ignoring it
>>
>>40749881
So what do I do after having the last meal of the day?
Ive found that I can't do anything but think about food after that
>>
>>40749895
Don't you have studying or something? Also make the last meal pretty big, can be the biggest of your day, so you aren't hungry in the end.
>>
>>40749895
bruh I dunno, you're asking what to do with your time. go for a walk, watch a movie, learn to program, play an instrument.
>>
>>40749933
>>40749937
no but I mean like what would you guys do at night when you're done eating for the day
>>
>>40749941
the above I posted + video games
>>
>>40748469
Okay so just stay the course. Thank you
>>
>>40749941
If you mean a literal night then I sleep. At 6/7 PM I eat my last meal and before 11 PM I go to sleep, not much time to get hungry.

>>40749865
I don't know if this optimal fat burning isn't broscience, but if that makes your workout less intense then you burn less calories than normally. But you definitely should sort out your sleeping habits. And why do you do 30sec rests? You might be able to do more and get stronger when you are fully recovered for the next set.
>>
Would I get laughed at going to the gym at 5am with a tacticool backpack, going to be biking there and it's my only backpack (I use it for camping)
>>
>>40750047
No.
>>
File: 1488740069640.jpg (56KB, 600x810px) Image search: [Google]
1488740069640.jpg
56KB, 600x810px
Does anyone have a decent yoga source? Like a youtube channel or something?
>>
>>40750216
https://www.doyogawithme.com/
>>
File: Chloe2.jpg (1MB, 2200x3300px) Image search: [Google]
Chloe2.jpg
1MB, 2200x3300px
How do I fix lower back pain/strain?

I did DL the other day and added more volume and now it hurts to bend over, sit for a long period of time, just lost a lot of mobility in my lower back.

What can I do to get back to what I was before the injury?
>>
>>40750249
Thanks m8
>>
What're some markers of good and bad gyms?
>>
>>40750277
Hip flexor stretch
Glute activation

Limber 11
Reverse Hyperextensions
>>
>>40749413
Actually learn how to hold the bar, it should be resting in your knuckles
>>
>>40750755
What do you mean? Knuckles are on the other side
>>
>>40738479

I have to sit on an ~8inch wire basket and wash pipes by hand for work.
How do I sit and move to not ruin my back?
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.