[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HERNIA GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: inguinalhernia.jpg (283KB, 1000x631px)
inguinalhernia.jpg
283KB, 1000x631px
Sup /fit/, so I was recently diagnosed with a minor inguinal hernia. My surgeon recommended an open repair with no mesh since I'm young "27" and because its so small. Oddly enough I was thinking of starting a program within the month before I was diagnosed. Was just curious to hear any of /fit/'s experience with procedure/recovery and training afterwards.
>>
How did you get it?
>>
>>40733526
Got a hernia doing lying leg curls and trained for a couple months on it. Hell I thought I pulled a muscle a first and didn't realize for about a month.
Got surgery and couldn't sit up for a few days but eventually everything was back to normal. Didn't loose much strength coming back either.
Just get rid of it now you'll be glad u did
>>
>>40733558
Idkman, I used to be a trashman never had a problem, now I work maintenance. I lift pretty moderate shit but nothing crazy. I actually went to the doctor for pain in my left nut, nothing was wrong with my nut so he felt around, felt something and sent me to the surgeon who in turn felt a small hernia and even I could feel him hitting it.
>>
>>40733572
What procedure did you get scoped or open? How long before you started training again?
>>
>>40733526
So, I really am not an expert on the procedure, but it should not take longer than a few weeks to recover. During that time you can easily do some stretches, focus a bit on your technique and mobility (with a pbc bar, no weight) and you'll be more than fine OP.

But I would recommend you also talk to your surgeon about that.
Best of Luck
>>
File: mariuszpudzianowski.jpg (63KB, 400x602px) Image search: [Google]
mariuszpudzianowski.jpg
63KB, 400x602px
bump
>>
File: zane2.jpg (89KB, 640x1490px) Image search: [Google]
zane2.jpg
89KB, 640x1490px
bump
>>
>>40733865
pudzian :3
>>
>>40733526
BUMP
>>
>>40733526

I had an inguinal hernia like 6 years ago. The cause is genetic. The defect is there since birth and years of stress will slowly open up the hole and allow the inner stuff to poke through. If you don't have the genetic defect, you'll never get a hernia

Anyway, I was fortunate to have health insurance at the time. I paid $3,000 out of pocket for a $12,000 surgery. Had surgery on a Friday and was back to work the following Monday. Was back in the gym only 2 weeks later.
>>
>>40734368

Also the repair was done using titanium mesh.
>>
>>40733600
What was the nut pain like? I've had pain in my left nut for about 2 months and I'm worried it might be a hernia. Don't feel any lumps in the nut itself.
>>
>>40734703
It's a tear in the abdominal wall

Here, you can watch this and get a general idea of what they are and how they're fixed.
https://youtu.be/64_hTy7wRcs?t=30s
>>
>>40734724
I know what a hernia is, already had an abdominal hernia repaired. I'm specifically wondering what the nut pain felt like.

With my abdominal hernia I could feel when I tore it open, but don't remember ever feeling something like that near my nuts.
>>
>>40734368
this

there is a misconception about the cause of hernia, I have a friend who got hernia and blames lifting for it.
>>
>>40734811
Yo not op here but one day after deadlifts i felt like someone hit me in the Nuts softly, did i tear something
>>
>>40734872
Similar story dull/throbbing ache in my left nut. Doesn't seem too correlated with when I lift, though.

When I got the abdominal hernia I could feel the abdominal wall tearing. Not sure how to describe it, because it's the only thing that's ever felt that way. Didn't hurt too badly, though so I pushed through it and finished the workout. Then I lifted my shirt up and say a lump in the middle of my gut. It hurt less than some of the more intense DOMS I've had.
>>
To avoid getting hernia or diastatis recti train your inner abdominal muscles often. And always pull your stomach in when lifting, like a vacuum. Don't bother doing ab crunches.
>>
>>40734959
also do kegels to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles to avoid getting a hernia into your scrotum.
>>
>>40734959
Well but with deadlifts u need to breath in through stomach, thus pushing it out right
>>
>>40733526
what are the long term side effects of a hernia surgery? I think I might have a minor one but I'm still able to lift and exercise, I don't want Add to dictionary surgery
>>
>>40734703
It was like a dull soreness, you know how like if you get kicked in the nuts or ball tapped, that soreness about 20 minutes after. It's not pain per se...but its something. I just went because I was getting that from nothing, no nut kicks or whatnot.
>>
>>40736604
Damn, that's pretty close to what I've got going on. Hitting the doctor on Monday.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.