[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Ido Portal and his movement training?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
Thoughts on Ido Portal and his movement training?
>>
File: expensive_private_lesson.webm (2MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
expensive_private_lesson.webm
2MB, 480x480px
>>40732909
He's the best in the world at what he does.

Conor is the GOAT solely because of Mr. Ido "The GOAT Tamer" Portal.

Just look at what he taught this kid in >webm related
That lesson costed $15,000, but it saved the kid from a few plastic water bottle hits.
>>
http://idoportal.blogspot.com/2009/08/basic-training.html?m=1

Pretty cool stuff
>>
will he really not train with vegans??
>>
>>40732939
good guy ido desu
>>
>>40732909
he's doing cool thing but he's like most successful guys in the bodyweight community he is playing the old mysticism card making everything seems way too complex and intricate (not that it isn't) but it's not that hard to just start doing stuff and researching yourself. it's not like if you don't have 2 thousand dollars to pay him so he can walk around like a lizard that you're not gonna learn to handstand or progress in any way.
>>
>>40732939
the fuck am i supposed to be looking at?
>>
He reminds me a bit of the functional patterns guy, he's built a cult of personality around himself and his methods and everything else is wrong.
>>
>>40733982

I think thats the time when Connor McGregor and Diaz started throwing water bottles at each other, anon is making fun of Ido by saying him telling the kid to take cover was a 15000 dollar private lesson.
>>
>capoeira

I like this guy.
>>
>>40732909
He's a retarded faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
Clarence is a vegan and he literally Shits all over this guy, not that I'm promoting veganism, I personally think it's stupid, I'm just full homo for Clarence
>>
This is how he protects his fragile stance on the world. Not going plant based is cognitive disonnence at its worst.

I mean if he just said 'I'm Israeli so I'm totally cool with the torture and murder of living beings, that's why I eat meat' that would at least be a cohesive cognitive stance. Instead he makes up nonsense to secure his shaky stance.

Btw His method is just a mischmash of yoga, bad gymnastics, and a bit of weight lifting. All readily available in your local town with people who know more with better structure and equipment for a fraction of the price.
>>
He has decent advice, but there are better or equivalent methods available FOR FREE.

Also, topkek at him taking McGregor for a spin.
>>
File: IMG_2216.gif (609KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2216.gif
609KB, 320x180px
He's a dork that plays touch butt in the park with a pool noodle.
>>
>>40734739
goes vegan to better his health and joints

uses fucking steroids. fuck clarence
>>
>>40732958
>falling for the vegan fad
>AND the tranny fad

Can one person be more of a meme?
>>
>>40735945
Got any examples, my man?
>>
>>40736570
What movement are we talking about?

The entirety of YouTube and Google are available. Plenty of individual insights to divine from that focus on more than one bottleneck or ideal. Certain gurus focus on progression models, others scapular health, others wrist form, etc. I would search whatever you seek to master and watch videos over (planche for example) scapula position, progression models, assistance exercises, cues, tips, etc. Then, watch videos over advanced planches or what people do AFTER they achieve a planche to see potent unexplored avenues of progression. I would also search up common injuries so that you know what to avoid, or if your bull-headed how to safely go out on your own.

>Your exercise selection is a tool-kit for shaping and maintaining your body. You should learn and master various movements to care for it. You will find that mastering these movements requires the same methodologies to study, while some are harder than others.

>I want you to be discerning enough to do this for free.

The only time I would use a guru is if I was making money hand over fist and it literally wasn't worth my time to research for free. You know more about how your body reacts to training or what finicky things it does. You'll know how to train it.

Ideally, you search a movement and you will find dozens of people that have attempted it, their self reported results, and their methodologies.

There are other gurus as well. Most have either a pirated version available or a cursory free bit of information (Ido included) through posts or videos.

When you pay thousands of dollars for these seminars you set aside hours a day and will be doing this for weeks while also trying to sleep and eat better.

If a guy did this with regular training he would see excellent results.
>>
>>40736570
So, all in all

When learning a new movement find out
>All progression models
>Common injuries
>Tips
>Advanced techniques
>Proper positioning for all major joints involved
>Assistance exercises
>Major muscles involved and at what angle (that way you can add your own if you decide to)

You will find common themes and conflicting information among these people. Some of it can be common/pervasive despite being wrong. Bad mythos in a slow to change field. Inversely, there are rare tidbits that are not commonly accepted despite being right. Use your noggin.

Dedicate a solid couple of hours and take notes because this is something you should he studying for. It's your body, and you should research and take it seriously if you want to be good at taking care of it.

Nearly all of what you need to know is out there (I don't say the word "everything" because even more ideal methodologies aren't common yet, and it must be tailored to you), you just need to know how to find it and pick out what works.
>>
>>40736010
He went vegan purely for ethical reasons you idiot.
>>
>>40734739
>literally shits all over this guy

That's a kink.
>>
>>40734739
Link to video please. I'd like to see it. Searched and couldn't find it.
>>
>>40735985
Nate pls go
>>
It will get you athletic and stuntz so if that's your goal, this is certainly a mediocre, garden-variety system among hundreds of others, but you will learn no other useful skills other than walking around like a chimpanzee.

He is much less annoying than the functionals patterns gaywad because he is not a turbo manlet.

anyway, if you want to see something impressive in this context, then Jujimufu is your man. that nigga can do some shit and he's like 240 lean
>>
>>40734739
Clarence is fucking majestic.
>>
>>40734739
Pretty sure he only changed to veganism recently.
>>
File: mctapper.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mctapper.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>40732909
>says he won't train with vegans because they're not athletic enough
>his only noteworthy student gets slapped around and choked out by a vegan in very his next fight
>his camp proceeds to go into damage control mode claiming Diaz was a huge beast 3 times McGregor's size despite the fact he had never missed weight at lightweight and actually got dominated by fighters smaller than Conor in the past

So yeah, Ido is retarded. Notice how you don't see him hanging around McG that much after the first Diaz fight.
>>
>>40732939
>He's the best in the world at what he does.

Gymnastbro here. I understand that this post is tongue in cheek but I want everyone to understand that Portal is absolutely not the best in the world at "what he does" because "what he does" is a combination of tricking, gymnastics, and flopping around on the floor, and he is the best at approximately none of those.

He is, however, an excellent marketer and if you take something from him it's the cohesiveness of his branding. If you are looking to make $$$ you can learn a lot from him.

He used to get baited into arguments by trickers (many of whom are far better acrobats than him) and he would get triggered and start denouncing everything that wasn't "his system". Pretty classic online egomaniac.

Chris Sommer's Gymnasticsbodies programs are much, much better. Even better than that is just going to Beastskills.com and drillsandskills.com and figuring it out yourself for free.
>>
>>40739617
So glad to see this. Agree on every point.

And these
>>40736703
>>40736791
>>
File: cs5n.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
cs5n.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>40739552
Conor's loss wasn't from lack of skill. It was from lack of endurance
>>
>>40739719
Pretty damning then that Ido Portal isn't coaching any of his fight skills, only his strength and conditioning. Conor himself spoke about how he was drifting away from Kavanagh leading up to the first Diaz fight, and went back to training primarily with him after that loss.

Also nice job cherrypicking all of Conor's best moments in a back and forth fight that could've been scored either way(and was scored a draw by one judge).
>>
>>40739810
Conor won RD1 in their first fight. Though like an idiot, he put all he had into that first round to get a KO.

Also, Nate really wasn't that impressive during their second fight. He only got Conor during round 3 and the end of 5. Just look at them post fight. People can say Conor ran all he wants, but at the end of the day, Nate's face says plenty about how much he "ran"
>>
>>40739617
Sommer is legit and it's a shame he doesn't get more love. His club stuff is amazing for all sorts of reasons.

I believe he's still in Cambridge UK which is not super far from me, v tempting to see his shit in person.
>>
>>40739943
Saying Conor ran is stupid, but so is using bruising as an argument.

As for Nate not looking impressive, he didn't. Nate never makes adjustments in his style and he hasn't evolved in a long time either, Conor just shit the bed by going up against him with no specific preparation in the first time they fought. He's been beaten the same exact way by a bunch of guys and he still hasn't learned how to check leg kicks or improved his TDD. I think he landed a total of 10 or 12 strikes against RDA over the course of 3 rounds because he was getting the shit kicked out of his legs and getting pummeled inside the guard, and Benson did the exact same thing a few years before with just as little resistance.
>>
>>40736465
Just get >>>>her<<<< to do SS+GOMAD while also doing IF and maybe she can be - and I cannot even say how I've mustered the curage to utter the words - /ourgirl/
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.