[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So which is superior, 3x5 or 5x5?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: starting strength.jpg (209KB, 935x898px) Image search: [Google]
starting strength.jpg
209KB, 935x898px
So which is superior, 3x5 or 5x5?
>>
5x5 if you're not a pussy.
>>
>>40723984
I heard it slows down your gains since it will take you longer to be able to add weight.
>>
3x5 is enough to see progress. 5x5 is overkill and pointless.
>>
>>40723965
both are okay just lift heavy and stop memeing
>>
>>40723984
>>40723995
So which is it oh God I can't decide
>>
>>40723984
>>40724002
Doesn't 5x5 increase risk of injury?
>>
>>40724040
1. start with 5x5
2. when your recovery is fucked up go with 3x5
3. then to 1x5
4. when you can't do 1x5 anymore, start sucking dicks in gym's sauna to boost CNS recovery
>>
>>40724076
Higher volume always increases risk of injury by its very nature, but it's also the key to gains. You have to really make sure your form stays tight through those last reps.
>>
Both are okay. In many contexts they're the same thing, 5x5 often includes warm up sets for some reason, depending on the program.
Start with 3x5 like SS, only up the volume when you are becoming volume tolerant and you've deloaded to try to break the plateau twice already
>>
>>40724040
5x5 has higher volume that 3x5 and it can be considered a middle ground between strength and hypertrophy.

Although 5x5 sometimes is indeed too much. And also dont listen to the guys that said 5x5 will stall more than 3x5. Strength routine is not forever applicable and more than often the progression is limited by muscle mass. So varying strength and hypertrophy reps range every so often can be beneficial especially when you're stalling on yout lift
>>
>>40723965
4x6
>>
>>40723965
Myoreps
>>
>>40724152
hypertrophy is basically just eating more and better foods the amount of reps you do doesnt matter. theres no reason that doing 3 sets of 8 will make the size of your muscles bigger than 5x72
>>
>>40723993
it does slow your gains. 3x5 is more than enough to drive progress in a novice, and doing 5x5 instead at that point accomplishes absolutely nothing except make it harder to add weight consistently. by the time 5x5 (or similar) is necessary for further progress you're an intermediate.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.