[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recurring Injuries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: dgsdfhsdfh.jpg (118KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dgsdfhsdfh.jpg
118KB, 1920x1080px
I've been playing basketball for almost my whole life (I'm 19 and started at 5) and I've always been pretty decent, playing at the top level for my age. Recently I've been getting a lot better and the coach of the senior program (where I've dreamed of playing since I started) want's me to come play for the 2nd team and try out for his team for next year.

Here's my problem, for the last 2 years or so I've missed more games than I've missed. I keep breaking my ankle, physio's tell me my ankles are strong and ready to go back but I keep breaking them. I'm so conflicted about wanting to stop because of my ankles, and wanting to play at this level. Have you guys been in this situation? what should I do?
>>
>>40723486
missed more games than I've played****
>>
>>40723486
Enjoy needing a wheelchair for the rest of your life after age 25.
>>
eurgh my ankle looked like this once a few weeks after I tried to do a Tre flip down 12 stairs and my foot landed on the board primo

this is after the swelling went down
>>
Working through injuries is one of the major aspects of any athletes career. Nobody here can actually answer your questions. Maybe you're unlucky and the makeup of your body won't allow you to continue to compete, even if you do most of the things right. Maybe it's just a minor problem that never completely healed, because you keep stressing it. Listen to your body. A physio always operates from an incomplete picture, you can't rely on them to know when and how much you can do.
>>
>>40723486
Jarrow's Bone Up, some kind of silicon sup and rest. Heat contrast therapy might do something to speed recovery but I doubt anything significant. Best thing would be to let it recover over a long period tho, you obv aren't recovering if it's recurring.

If you do go out maybe think about practicing how to take it easy on that leg or something. Dumb idea tho.
>>
>>40723539
you ever go back and land it? I've only ever attempted flip tricks down a 10 but I haven't skated in a while (because of shitty ankles)
>>
>>40723629
sounds like it's worth the investment, at the moment i'm leaning towards taking a year off ball - maybe trying to get back into track or something and reevaluate in a years time

>>40723576
good points, maybe i've taken physio's words with too much value.
>>
Dude you should learn how to fall. Lot's of pros had similar issues. Check how Curry solved his by learning the correct way to follow through with motions and falling correctly.
>>
>>40723486

I'm to lazy to give you the links anon, but you should check out how Steph Curry fought his glass ankles. He completely re-organized his workout routine and training in terms of increasing his stability etc. You should read this, I found it pretty insightful and interesting.
>>
>>40725421

Just saw this anon already posted it. Validatey my post though
>>
it's time to use ankle wrap to prevent anything
>>
I was doing wall slides like a week ago as a warmup and when i was gonna overhead press it wasnt able to press with my right arm properly.
Now its been a week and my right shoulder still feels weird like numb or something
Anyone know what it could be ?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.