[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pain in that spot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: traps-trp-2-3.jpg (18KB, 385x226px) Image search: [Google]
traps-trp-2-3.jpg
18KB, 385x226px
I have a mild pain in these spots that causes me constant headaches. I googled my symptoms and everything leads to trigger points on my upper traps (plus my right trap is kinda tense). I tried releasing them with a tennis ball, but I can't make the pain go away (+tried streching multiple times). Anyone that had this same thing? How did u fix it?
>>
Shameless bump
>>
I had to use a barbell to get enough force to effectively work it out. I even used a stretch band and rolling stick to target that area.
>>
>>40716029
What did u exactly do? Apply constant pressure for X time? Or roll the whole area? Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>40715583
cervicogenic headache.

doctor, physical therapy, more exercise and less computer
>>
File: 1400614847257.jpg (58KB, 538x650px) Image search: [Google]
1400614847257.jpg
58KB, 538x650px
>>40715583
i have the same thing. haven't fixed it but can treat is fairly well. you might not be the same, but i found that the origin was actually in my lats, high up toward the armpit. got a good pressure on the trigger spot there and felt loads better. chances are your problem is the same as mine, basically rounded shoulders and forward head posture, aka computer posture
>>
>>40716083
>cervicogenic headache
Which doctor specializes in this section?>>40716087
Thanks for the tip, I'll try to find the sweetspot. And yes I always try to sit straight on the computer, since I'm a programmer and I spend like 10 hours per day sitting.
>>
>>40716127
best sitting tip i have (not that i can manage to do it regularly) is try to keep your sternum pointed up and your elbows close to your sides. if you can do both of those then you will be strong enough to defeat calamity ganon
>>
>>40716058

When I get those type of headaches I have to apply heavy pressure. So I would use one of the barbell and pull it toward me while working in the problem areas. For the rolling pin I would hold the handle on the front side and use the band to pull down behind my back on the other side. Awkward but it works.
>>
>>40716087
did you fix your shoulders and fhp?
>>
>>40716177
the elbow tip is pretty solid, thank you!

>>40716198
Ok got it, thanks for the clarification.

Anon was right btw, I do have a trigger point in my right lat (close to the armpit). Will roll it and try to make it go away.
>>
>>40716239
nope, i like to think i'm fixING them both. there's loads of exercises you can do if you google them. i imagine it's going to take some time to undo years of vidya posture but i'm workin at it
>>
Had the same problem except worse, perma headaches and doing any physical exercise would make it worse. Doc put me on some anti inflammatory drugs for a month and now I'm all good, didn't ever find out what it was but I suspect an inflammation of some nerves. Sometimes if im lifting heavy and aren't breath properly I can feel the it come back so idk if how you're lifting could be affecting it.
>>
>>40715583
trigger points is validated by any studies or legit science. So far its seems like its modern snake-oil. You can find "trigger-points" everywhere on youre body. Doesnt matter if youre in pain or not.

the pain could come from other factors like;
-sitting in the same posture for long periods of time
-Not working out or training affected muscle
-not enough sleep
-being overweight
>>
>>40715583
There are some serious things that can do that. It:s probably a tension headache but also see a doctor because some shit can kill you suddenly
>>
>>40716543
Exercises arent very effective at fixing posture. It doesnt matter if you spend 1 hour to fix the issue, when you spend the other 23 fucking it up.

The best way is simply to maintain the posture throughout the day. Learn how it feels to be in that posture, becuase you dont have a mirror to check all day long. And them simply maintain it. If youre very sedentary then its going to be difficult and can cause some pain.
It will take 2-5 weeks to fix it. It dependso n how persistent you are.

However, the link between psoture in pain is very weak. Studies struggle to show a correlation, and often its not the posture itself, but staying still IN a posture for long periods of time that cause pain. so change positions and dont sit too still.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.