[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Bench Press overrated ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: american-psycho-3way.jpg (19KB, 650x292px) Image search: [Google]
american-psycho-3way.jpg
19KB, 650x292px
Lots of people keep telling me that the fastest way to gain a big ass chest is to switch to machine or flies

Is it true /fit/ ?
>>
>>40709346
dumbbell bench hits your pecs a lot harder than barbell but nothing quite compares to the feeling of pushing a heavy ass barbell off your chest.
>>
>>40709346

Yeah, the quickest way to get a big chest is to do a superset of press ups on your knees and assisted dips.
>>
>>40709346
If your goal is aesthetics, then yeah benchpress is basically garbage
>>
>>40709346

Yes the barbell benchpress is not a great chest exercise.
>>
>>40709431
Bench press helps arm vascularity.
>>
File: SKruJBF.png (31KB, 481x584px) Image search: [Google]
SKruJBF.png
31KB, 481x584px
I do this plan and you're telling me barbell isn't good for chest?
Should I switch to dumb bells? I like them more anyway and they're easier.
>>
>>40709459
Barbell will work chest but if you want maximum aesthetic use the gym machine that hits only chest is what they're saying.
>>
>>40709459
Or the dumbell lift equivalant>>40709467
>>
Barbell bench is.
Dumbbell bench is vastly superior
>>
>>40709346
3am 1 week ago I was alone in gym and pumped on so much preworkout

I went fucking ham on the chest cable fly machine and then supersetted with hammer press

my chest is still hurting first chest DOMS in over a year

I think I destroyed my shoulders do because the DOMS are so fucking bad my entire outer pec is dead and shoulders feel like dying
>>
>>40709346
flies and crossover with bench press and you're good. Also pushups for the extra shredding
>>
No one cares about bench, dude!
>>
File: arnold5.jpg (334KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
arnold5.jpg
334KB, 1920x1080px
>>40709346
The only people who complain about bench press are sub-3plate benchlets.

inb4:
>OHP is better anyway
>bic pecs look like boobs
>squats and deadlifts are more important
>>
>>40709346
barbell bench press works more muscle mass in general, but it's true that it doesn't focus on pecs as much as pec isolation exercises. you should keep the BB bench because, again, it works a ton of muscle mass, is great for upper body strength and helps drive progress on the isolation exercises, but you can add a little bit of pec isolation on top of that if your goal is a huge chest. personally I don't consider massive pecs particularly "aesthetic", but to each his own.
>>
>>40709502
DOMS does not equal progress. obviously if you do a ton of shit, especially shit you're not used to, you'll feel sore as hell, but it doesn't mean your training was productive.
>>
>>40709346
Try doing just bench press with 400lbs while being 10% body fat then report back
>>
Barbell
>>
>>40709565
This. 315lbs paused for reps at 10-15% body fat.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.