[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cheat days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: n013.jpg (153KB, 715x1099px) Image search: [Google]
n013.jpg
153KB, 715x1099px
Is there even a shred of truth to this?
Or are cheat days literally just "waaaaaahhh dieting is haaaaaaaard"?
>>
anyone?
>>
>>40705957
Cheat days have nothing to do with any sort of bodily need

It's a way for you to psychologically release pressure

Like taking a rest between sets
>>
>>40705957
>Or are cheat days literally just "waaaaaahhh dieting is haaaaaaaard"
Yes
Anecdotal, but I've been on IIFYM for about a year now, and have literally undone entire weeks worth of weight loss/body recomp progress by going nuts on like one day outta the week
>>
cheat day is what normies use to justify their disgusting eating habits.

enjoy losing all your gains
>>
Depends on your goals probably. I can't imagine one day out of the week will fuck you up in the long run. 1/7...4/30....as long as you're working out consistently and your diet is in check every other day I'm gonna guess the effects are negligible.
>>
>>40706992

Weeks worth? How do you even measure that properly?
>>
cheat day prob is too much
but how is a cheap meal any different from what is known as "refeed"
a lot of dieting advice advocates for "refeed"
>>
>>40705957
psychological

also bro-science, but it lessens your chance of getting cancer the same way consuming a tiny dose of poison over time builds up an immunity to it.
>>
>>40705957
Just a meme brah
>>
>>40707042
>it lessens your chance of getting cancer the same way consuming a tiny dose of poison over time builds up an immunity to it
>>
>>40705957
>days

Cheat meal once a week I consider reasonable perhaps metabolically useful if you carbo load, not sure on that.

Cheat day, why the fuck even bother trying to cut? If you make any progress it will be measured in ages of the earth.
>>
Fuck, I been doing pretty well on my cut but I'm about to drink a SHIT ton for st pats this weekend.

Am I fucked?
>>
>not intermittent fasting
>>
>>40705957
Yes.
Having controlled cheat days has been proven to make people stay on diets longer and show greater long term weight loss and weight loss maintenance.

It's called a diet break and you should really look into it. It's fascinating.
Did you know a diet break is almost required to break past a sticking point on a cut?
>>
I don't really plan for cheat days, but what I realized is if I find something that I want to eat I just eat it, but just put a small portion of it on a plate.

So big slice -> feel obligated to eat it and hate myself while eating it

small slice -> get my crave on and feel good for eating small piece
>>
eh, i feel like cheat days ruin your whole week. all the calories you were cutting all go into your day of bingeing or snacking.
i love cheat meals though. and usually, it's barely cheating.
moderation is key, in my personal opinion. for example, i had some pizza this week. it's cheating for me because i usually cut out cheese and try to cut gluten as well to be able to eat more veggies. it's a fatty food, but eating 400 calories of it can be manageable to fit into maintenance (and cut in my experience, especially since bread is really filling).
you'll probably get abs much quicker by never cheating though
>>
>>40705957
A full-on all-day splurge is retarded, and is not healthy relation to food.
I see cheat as a way to not become an autist. I eat clean all the time, but if once or twice a week my girlfriend/friends/family invite me to something which isn't "clean", I behave like an adult and eat what has been prepared for me, keeping the portions small. Same goes for drinks.
Unless you make a living from your physique, if you're unable to bend the rules to socialize, your problem is not your bf %.
>>
A cheat day once a week will slow you down A LOT. I usually do it once every 3-4 weeks and fast the day or at least the meal before just to be sure (i feel great while fasting though so that helps).
>>
>>40705957
They're a meme. The only way I would accept it is if someone went up to their maintenance one day a weak instead of staying below it.
>>
>>40705957

Cheat days are for people who lack discipline. It's like you're admitting to yourself you aren't going to make it. The only time it is acceptable to cheat is in a social situation, and even then you do the best you can. Shitty food isn't a treat.
>>
normies shouldn't use cheat days

only cheat-day if you are /fraud/

If you care about how you look (you do), you should focus on being lean as possible, and cheat days will wreck your shit if you aren't on dat der celltech.
>>
>>40705957
the second
>>
Last time I cheated I felt horrible about myself and binged crappy tasty food the next 2 days. I regained some control with IF. My eating habits can go back and I realise that I have to stick to a real plan to conquer that bad habit
>>
The way I look at it, life throws enough "cheat meals" and "rest days" at me that I have to schedule around, so I don't really need to give myself any more
>>
>>40707680
>st pats
Well you aren't Irish so yeah
>>
>>40706979
Are you saying that taking a rest between sets is purely psychological?

If so, you need to put more weight on that bar buddy
>>
>>40705957
Your energy expenditure dropping on caloric deficit is a real thing. It's reversed by not being in a deficit. So eating at maintenance or a small surplus at regular intervals on a diet can slow down the decrease in energy expenditure or perhaps keep it from happening.

>"waaaaaahhh dieting is haaaaaaaard"
But the actual reason why it's done is this I bet. It's an attractive feature to have on a diet so most people will jump at it and use whatever rationalization they can come up with afterward to justify their choice.
>>
>>40705957
If one cheat meal is "good" for you.. then the 300 cheating meals I have just done have made me a obese super man.
>>
>>40705957
sauce?
>>
>>40707015
Daily morning post shit weigh ins, with a weeks worth of clean eating, then I'd eat a buncha junk on saturday night after getting blazed, and then my average weight for the next few days would come in slightly higher, meaning my average weight for the subsequent week would also be negatively impacted
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.