[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overcoming shoulder pain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: shoulder-instability-pain1.png (320KB, 456x488px) Image search: [Google]
shoulder-instability-pain1.png
320KB, 456x488px
Whenever I bench or dumbbell press I get pain in my right shoulder. I use babby weight, make sure to lower the weight towards my lower chest, and squeeze my shoulder blades together, but i still get pain. Right now I'm following the fierce 5 routine and doing the suggested stretching routine before every workout. I used to bench without pain in high school, but probably fucked my shoulder up with shitty form back then.
>>
Have fun with that, nerd! Just had an MRI for mine with an iodine injection in the shoulder to image it.
>tfw haven't benched since October
>had reached 230 lb
What kind of pain? Connected to bicep or closer to the front of your delt?
>>
you might have weak back, especialy scapula fixator muscles.
These imbalances might lead to bad form and injuries
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsmeXwHu6W0

I had this too OP. Jeff from Athlean-x (/fit/ generally thinks hes actually knows what hes doing) has this exercise to do to help shoulder pain.

I shit you not I did this a few times and my shoulders don't pop or hurt. No joke.
>>
>>40704844
The pain is in my front delt
>>40704858
I do have a weak back, and have been doing pendlay rows and face pulls to remedy this. I don't think I have an imbalance though, because I've just started lifting again after a year of being sedentary, so my back and delts are equally weak.
>>
>>40704825
Simple rule, if your shoulder hurts when doing a simple push up, don't life weights.
Go to the doc.
>>
>>40704844
I had the same imaging done. My diagnosis? Osteoarthritis. I have no cartilage on one side and the doc says the pain is bone on bone irritation. He says stop lifting. I was at 235 for 10 reps. I can only incline bench without pain and I am back to 225 for 5 reps with some pain the next day. I should probably stop.
>>
>>40704825
I've found I have way less shoulder pain touching higher instead of lower and using as wide a grip as possible. I have a theory for why this is, is that wider grip shortens the rom = less shoulder irritation, wider grip also forces more of the tension on chest rather that shoulder and touching higher uses more chest which subsequently uses less shoulder and thus less shoulder strain.

Alternately, a neutral grip with dbs totally mitigates all shoulder strain.
>>
>>40705417
Oh :(
>>
Always row or do a heavy pull before bench. Anyone claiming otherwise should be castrated.
>>
>>40704860
I tried this just now. I still clicked a bit, but I noticed a bit of stretching in the rear delt.

I'm having the same problem as you, OP. I have noticeably poor shoulder movement/tight shoulders and my rear delts are lacking. Sounds like we need to do a few more rear delt exercises as well as stretching them a bit more.

I hope we figure this out soon. Best of luck.
>>
>>40704860
>>40707402
Hell yea, my shoulder blades feel sore now. My shoulder only hurts after a few reps, a few reps into a set it gets better. Guess the muscles wasnt warmed up properly?
>>
>>40704825
Make sure your back is straight and you are not slouching.
>>
>>40707402
It feels good to know I'm not alone. I wish Jeff would outline the long-term solution to that pain in his video instead of just the temporary one, but I'll try it next time I'm in the gym.
>>40707512
My back is straight when I bench, but I have poor posture most of the time. Such is life for a phone-addicted lanklet.
>>
>>40707709

If you're benching properly, it's going to be somewhat arched rather than just straight.
>>
>>40707402
i just did a couple of the things on his channel including this video, my shoulder is a little sore but it isn't clicking, thank you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.