[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrist Pain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: wristsupport.jpg (231KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
wristsupport.jpg
231KB, 1500x1500px
I seem to have something wrong with my ulnar nerve, it's causing pain in my shoulders, wrists and elbows.

I don't think it's caused by lifting but lately I've noticed that when doing OHP / bench it seems to make the pain worse in my wrists. When doing OHP or bench I do my best to make sure I'm not letting my wrists bend back too much, but when it gets heavy it's kind of hard not to.

Would you recommend to use something like pic related?

I'm a software developer and the pain is pretty distracting when using a computer, so I need to remedy this or stop lifting all together. I'm seeing a physiotherapist soon and I may lay of the gym until I talk to them about it, but was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions/info.
>>
>>40702900
yes. wear wrist wraps. dont listen to the fags that are gonna come and say:

>huurr if you wear wraps on less than 4pl8 bench you should kys

do what tyou need to do to keep yourself injury free
>>
>>40702947

Yeah they only cost £5 so I figure they are worth a try.
>>
>>40703022
idk about £5 wraps

I got a pair from strength-shop for £13 which I can vouch for the quality for tho

not much more and they'll probably last longer

https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/sleeves-wraps/wrist-wraps/thor-wrist-wraps.html

they also have chart to help you pick which you want
>>
>>40703122

Yeah might be worth getting some decent ones I guess.

Do all these wraps work in the same way? The ones in the op pic look kinda different.
>>
>>40702900

Wrist wraps, good.

Bulldog grip, better.

Both, problem solved.
>>
>>40702900
I had the exacte same issue with my wrists. For about a month I ignored the pain and continued to work out but it only got worse. I bought a pair of gasp hardcore wrist wraps for 15€. The pain went away completelly after about 3 weeks while still going to the gym. Would definitely recommend.
>>
File: wraps.png (439KB, 1115x708px) Image search: [Google]
wraps.png
439KB, 1115x708px
>>40703145
they work the same, but are made of different materials. some are more/less stiff than others

I have the yellow stripe ones. they were a little too stiff when I got them, but are pretty comfy now Ive broke them in
>>
>>40703215

Yeah those Thor ones look decent.

What I meant though was do these ones still hook around your thumb so they keep tight to your hand?
>>
>>40703282
>What I meant though was do these ones still hook around your thumb so they keep tight to your hand?

The thumb loop is to help you putting them on. It's not necessary (or even allowed in some comps) to be around your thumb during the lifts.
>>
>>40703282
yeah. all wraps do

also, if you have the money to spend. /plg/ recommends Titan gold signature wraps
http://www.pullum-sports.co.uk/wraps-and-supports/signature-gold-wrist-wraps.html
>>
>>40702900
if it's caused by a specific lift you need to not perform that lift and see if doing so helps. if so then you need to either fix the movement pattern or do a different lift. wraps do not help much with pain in that area. compressing the pain makes it feel like it goes away but the pain will come back. fix the lift or perform a different lift.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.