[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HSP training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: photo.jpg (123KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
123KB, 900x900px
What does /fit/ think about H(heavy)S(Stretch)P(Pump) Training? It sounds promising but you basically have to do about 16 exercises in your workout, it starts looking like a program for roid users instead of nattys, program made by pic related, however I've seen similair programs in the past
>>
I googled it but didnt find anything. Can you post a link?
>>
>>40701394
fake and gay
>>
>>40701459
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0peCbMFB0qI
TLDW: It's a full body program that has you do your heavy lifts first, then do lifts that stretch the muscle like dumbell flies, and then as a finisher doing exercises that give you a pump, most of the pump exercises are done with partial reps
anyway, my problem with it is that you have to do ~16 exercises per workout
>>
I feel that a version of this with less volume would be pretty ok
>>
>>40701394
It seems okay, however it's nothing new.
It works, but the sheer amount of effort it takes to pull it off in a real way demands that you spend most of your time resting or you're on gear.

If it's a 2times a week thing then I can be done by naturals. If not then it's gonna be hell.
>>
>>40701761
What would be the main problem for naturals? The slow recovery rate? I tried doing this program, the heavy and stretching sets are all fine but I just walk out of the gym because I literally get too bored and never finish my "pump" exercises, I'm trying to go for 4 times a day, am not on gear, and it seems like it's doable, as for the strength gains seem reasonable, even with my half-assed diet
>>
I do te same thing.

Full body twice a week, session lasts for 2 hours.

First hour I do my compounds for strength, long resting time, and hour after that I do pump style, low weight, focusing on contraction, super sets and stretching.

I have been progressing very nice on my weighted chin up, OHP, front squat and deadlift( those are my main lifts).

Its hell on earth for first couple of times but after that I got used to it and now i feels superb to get in, get the whole body pump and get out.

Cant imagine myself going back to ppl or upper lower, instead with all that free time I am focusing on my studies.
>>
>>40701823
>4 times a day
I meant 3 times a week lmao
>>
>>40701823
If you don't have ANYTHING else to do and have ample time to rest and recoup then you can pull it off.
However you will bonk.

But I might be wrong. The real question is how intense is it. How hard are we talking about going here.
A basic strength workout followed by a basic bodybuilding workout?
That actually works. It's advanced weight lifting that old time golden lifters used to great effect.

If it's repackaged in a way that new lifters can get and they make sure that they help the new lifters who've never worked out get into it easy. I can see it taking off.
>>
>>40701902
The heavy sets are standard presses, squats, pulls, weighted pull ups
The stretching are also to be used with heavy weight, however I feel like doing dumbbell flies with heavy 3x5 weight is suicide
The exercises he recs for a pump is some very weak stuff, I'd rather just do a dumbell press with lower weight for ~15 re[s
the pump is held for last
Personally I think the most effective way would be to divide it into muscle groups instead of exercise groups, like doing heavy sets for chest, then stretch sets for chest, then pump for chest, instead of doing heavy exercises for all body parts first etc..
What do you think?
>>
>>40702013
You're going to run out of energy before you do a full workout.
BUT I do full body stuff so if it' about doing muscle groups then yeah.

Do heavy on the chest then follow it up with a heavy pump then a burnout
Then move onto the next muscle group.
That works well.

BUT you have to keep an eye on intensity and energy levels.
Can you do that and not tire out certain muscle groups that you'll need for other workouts?

The only way to really get this going is perfect perfect programming. How to fully exploit a muscle group without fucking it up for the other muscle groups.
>>
>>40702052
Would doing a shoulder press the same day as bench be bad, IF the muslce group you do between chest and shoulders is legs?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.