[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyday?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Hey /fit/, I've been working out for the past month using 5x5 3 days a week but I feel as if it is not enough. My muscles never seem sore and on top of that I'm not really seeing any gains yet. Should I do it every day and take the weekend as rest days? Thanks
>>
>any gains

you mean strength or size?
>>
>>40700780
Both, I don't seem like can lift anything heavier and my size is the same. I have noticed a very slight difference in my arms though.
>>
>>40700760
Do every other day then. Do not do a 5x5 routine everyday. You're not seeing results because you're a month in and you're not sore because you're either not adding weight or not pushing yourself

Keep adding weight and add accessories like dips and pull-ups
>>
>>40700803
Gains are numbers

>are you gaining OR losing weight
>are you lifting heavier weights
>are you capable of doing more reps
>>
>>40700832
I think a problem I have is eating. I eat all day and track calories but I still think it's not enough. I eat around 2000 calories a day and 80 grams of protein.
>>
>>40700866
I weigh 150 so you can imagine why it would be hard to eat a lot.
>>
>>40700866
Are you a grill? 2000 won't do anything for me and im a 5'11" skelly
>>
>>40700880
>eating is hard

that's the thing that is holding you back? really?
give up or stop being a little pussy ass bitch
>>
>>40700895
B-but I'm t-trying
>>
>>40700963
try not to choke on my dick you little faggot
>>
>>40700963
Drink your calories. Buy a blender, drink some fucking milk, eat some fucking peanut butter

>I'm trying

If you were trying, you'd be sore and hitting your TDEE
>>
Eat more
>>
LEL skelly manlet is trying to get bigger and stronger but cant even eat correctly. You should be eating at LEAST 2500 cals a day if youre that skinny.

The fact that youre not sore is also probably due to you not calculating your 1rms correctly. Doing a 5x5, your training should always be pretty intense. Youre probably lifting too light.
>>
assuming you're doing the program correctly, you should be benching 35kg and squatting 50kg now. of course you're not going to be sore.
>>
>>40700760
Short answer: No.

Long answer: You are a beginner, and as a beginner, No. Your CNS isn't fully activated yet, and you don't know how to engage those muscles you didn't even know exist (or how to use the ones you did know exist, and when at ranges in certain lifts). Stick to a program, eat at least 500 calories above TDEE, sleep at least 8 hours.

Don't forget your warmup sets and rest periods - they get longer the heavier you lift.
>>
File: images (18).jpg (15KB, 454x324px) Image search: [Google]
images (18).jpg
15KB, 454x324px
>>40700760
Graphical answer: You tear muscle apart during exercise, and rest + nutrition rebuild the muscle to make it stronger in about 48-72 hours later in the novice.

Medium answer: Nooooooooooo.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.