[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it safe to drink egg whites straight from the container?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: norway.jpg (132KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
norway.jpg
132KB, 1080x1080px
Is it safe to drink egg whites straight from the container?
>>
Depends on the country you live in, salmonella is rare in western countries. Then again, why would you do that when your body can absorb cooked egg whites better than raw.
>>
>>40700742
I like the consistency if you mix it with whey. Easy 100g protein if you mix half of the container of egg whites with two scoops of whey.
>>
>>40700716
if it's pasteurized.
>>
File: 1477209374182.jpg (24KB, 494x482px) Image search: [Google]
1477209374182.jpg
24KB, 494x482px
while we're on the topic of eggs

why do americans keep their eggs in the fridge?
>>
>>40700876
>2017
>not keeping your eggs a couple days in a warm place for those extra bacteria proteins
>>
>>40700876
The industrial practices in the US and EU differ. The US uses a cleaning method on the eggs which weaken the shell. This makes the eggs need refrigeration. The EUs just clean the eggs then ship them, so they can stay fresh without need for refridgeration.

I think the US version has slight benefits in preventing some disease or something, but I fucking hate eggs so who cares
>>
>>40700716
I'd drink her egg whites straight from the container if you catch my wind
>>
>>40700716
>>40700755

Safe? Sure. But you'd get almost half the protein you'd get from cooked eggs.
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/128/10/1716.full
>The true ileal digestibility of cooked and raw egg protein amounted to 90.9 ± 0.8 and 51.3 ± 9.8%, respectively.

>Easy 100g protein if you mix half of the container of egg whites with two scoops of whey.

You need about twice the raw egg whites over cooked for the same amount of nutrition, so make that the whole container.
>>
>>40700716
Add:
¼ Tsp of sugar.
¼ Tsp of vanilla extract.

Yummy
>>
>>40700742
>>40701534
>from the container

egg whites that come in a container are pasteurised.
>>
Do research on bioavailablility, raw egg whites are around 50-60%, cooked egg whites are around 80%, and whey is 100%. Raw egg whites are missing essential amino acids that your body can't produce, so you don't get as much benefit from foods with a low bioavailablility index
>>
>>40701573
Pasteurized isn't cooked. Pasteurized eggs still have lower digestibility for their protein when eaten raw.
>>
>>40700956
You'd eat her period?
>>
>>40701810
Well is there a supplement I can take so that I can digest it??
>>
>>40701874
No. As I understand the cause of raw egg protein being less digestible is a substance contained in egg whites that interferes with the process of digestion. These kinds of things are called antinutrients; they negate the presence of other nutrients. Heating causes the substance to change its form into one where it no longer has an antinutrient effect which makes cooked eggs more digestible.
>>
>>40701874
Yes, install heating coils in your stomach. No need to cook anymore. Don't steal idea, patent is pending.
>>
>>40702007
how are you getting the nerves shut off? also where in the stomach would it be? are you supposed to burp off the excess heat?
>>
>>40702056
The heating coils + inulsation bag come before the actual stomach and include a cooling system that provides hot water from a tap built into your chest
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.