[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi. I have a friend from High School who was always a big guy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1489453129709.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px)
1489453129709.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
Hi. I have a friend from High School who was always a big guy, like probably 280-300 pounds in highschool. Its now been years since we graduated and his weight has only gone up. He has to be pushing 400-450 pounds at this point.

My question to you guys, is how would you approach suggesting losing weight to him. Should we be up front and intervention-eque, or be more subtle about it.

Obviously this dude will die relatively soon if nothing changes, and he isn't helping himself, so it almost feels wrong just watching this happen. This the type of dude that celebrates McDonalds starting to sell breakfast all day. And its clear his parents don't care
>>
>>40694779
easiest way is to buy him a prostitute. he will feel so bad about being unable to have sex properly that he will be determined to lose weight.

make sure it's a girl who is okay with big guys, don't make it awkward.
>>
"Dude, you look like shit - you're going to die early if you don't change"

"You can change, let me know if you want to lose weight. I can help you"

Don't be a pussy. Don't be subtle.
>>
>>40695302
You honestly think he doesn't know he looks like shit? The dude is 400+ pounds, it's going to take a lot more than telling him what he already knows
>>
>>40695313
Some people are delusional mate
>>
>>40694779
He's going to need to want to change himself first. Propose him to be your gym partner, he'll refuse, then move on. You have done all you could do.
>>
>>40694779
How much do you care about him? You may just have to give up on him.
>>
>>40695541
Seriously. I knew this dude who was 280 while I was 305. I went down to 285 and, knowing the dude used to play football, proposed to be gym bros or even race to 250.

... he was 315 when I reached 250. It took me a little less than 3 months and he gained 35 lbs.

He then married a nutritionnist. She must have some fat fuck fetish because they post their plates on FB everyday and everything is always deep-fried, unless it's 3 steaks marinated in dark beer.

Last he wanted to talk about it, he was 350. He works at a Magic/Cosplay/Manga shop and they can't fit him with a t-shirt. You can see his belly button under the counter. He spent the last 3 months sharing pictures of FFXV and Zelda.

I think I accidently cursed him: every pound I lose he gains.
I feel bad for him, nice dude, wish I could help but you need to be able to cut your loss.
>>
>>40694779
"Lose weight you fat fuck." But I've always been very straight forward with my friends.
>>
>>40695646
He married? Is she fat too? How do these fat fucks get women?

I'm insecure about my loose skin and sperg out around women. Anyone that gets close I push away with my insecurities. I hate going from 280 to 160.
>>
I'm a fat fuck. What pushed me to go to the gym was just a friend of mine that's been making gains recently asking me if I wanted to go to gym with him and do his routine. I've been feeling great ever since.
>>
that motivation has got to come from within. you can bring it up to him once or twice but in the end its worthless if he doesn't want to put in the 'effort'.
>>
>>40695966

The girl? She's a twig.

Not very good looking tbf. But it is very possible to get 7-8/10 as a fatty. You just have to understand one thing: A fat mentality is worse than a fat body.

You're being fat in your head, and are slim outside. Stop, and take time to appreciate little clues that you made it: sprinting, jogging everywhere, stairs being fun, hills being fun, dips, chin-ups, your friends invite you to do physical activity, wearing what you WANT and not what you CAN etc.

How tall are you? If you're 6' maybe put more emphasis on muscle mass a little.
Also, girls are too worried about their own insecurities to care about yours.
Your loose skin shows that you get shit done and that you're dedicated.
>>
>>40696157
Thank you anon.. yeah, I'm 6'1 but I'm absolutely terrified to try to gain any sort of weight. Fat my whole life until I started browsing /fit/.
>>
>>40696360
Do you lift heavy things up and put them down? Also, I think you might need some help that a naked dude in his bed can't give you on a Bolivian Butterfly collecting forum. 160 seems very low to me, especially if you were fat before. And your relationship with food seems unhealthy.
>>
>>40694779
>a big guy

UUUU?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.