[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop smoking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: calton.jpg (20KB, 244x384px) Image search: [Google]
calton.jpg
20KB, 244x384px
How do I stop smoking?
>>
>>40693238
Cold turkey and willpower
>>
>>40693243
Cold Turkey?
>>
>>40693272
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_turkey

feel bad
>>
>>40693243
This, and it fucking sucks but so worth the misery.
>>
Get a woman who will beat that ass if you smoke.
>>
File: 21.jpg (466KB, 1080x1918px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
466KB, 1080x1918px
i was a half-a-pack-a-day smoker for 3 years straight; i started because i was a stupid and stressed teenager like everyone else and i quit on the 30th of september (2016)

haven't touched one since.

listen, cold turkey is the only true way to quit. drug abuse is a ratio of pleasure and pain. if you don't give back to the drug (nicotine) by going through the pain of withdrawing, you won't learn anything and you'll essentially just be lying to yourself. get in touch with your own intuition and observe how your mind and body react to things. don't rush it, you'll know when it's really time to stop.
>>
>>40694360
Already gave you the answer.

Tried pills, gum, patches, cutting back slowly.

It all failed for me and it's not a week or two you will want a smoke, it's months before your body is back to normal and I mean months of near suicidal depression. Cardio and self hatred was the key for me.

Once you are free you will be proud of it. So will all the smokers you meet who know you had the strength to quit, because you did something they failed at.
>>
Go volunteer at a hospice to get an idea of where you'll be in 25-30 years.
>>
>>40693238
Step 1: dont buy smokes
>>
>>40693238
You just dont smoke anymore.. I smoked for 7 years smoked the last cigarette in a pack and just didn't buy anymore cause it fucks with your gains... I either am a superhuman not effected by nicotine or everyone who says its hard to quit is a giant mentally weak pussy.. but it really was not a problem. Only noticeable side-effect i had was 3 or 4 days of irritability and anger.
>>
>>40694712
Same, I also dropped amphetamines the same way. I suppose it's like a sliding scale. Once you've had it worse you tend to find it easier to do the latter.
>>
File: 1489063860484.jpg (43KB, 604x451px) Image search: [Google]
1489063860484.jpg
43KB, 604x451px
How do I stop drinking
>>
>>40693238
keep trying to quit until trying annoys you and you just do.
>>
File: 350-4511__1.jpg (23KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
350-4511__1.jpg
23KB, 350x350px
>>40693238
I started using Snus and I quit. It's been 6 years now. I did trade one habit for another, but fuck it. It's pretty mild, spit-free and there's far fewer health risks associated with Snus than other oral tobacco.
>>
buy a ginger rhizome, put it on your pocket, everytime you feel the urge to smoke you bite it
>>
>>40695004
Fuck, this hits home. I used the snus jew to quit as well but I really like it, more than than smoking or dipping grizzly. It's been 8 years since I started using and it's an indispensable part of my nighttime ritual.
>>
>>40694838
just drink less
If you stop completly people will think you're an addict
>>
>>40693238
You start doing cardio every day
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.