[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planning my meals right now and getting into macros.. It seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: cutout-beef.jpg (29KB, 450x265px)
cutout-beef.jpg
29KB, 450x265px
Planning my meals right now and getting into macros.. It seems impossible for me to devour about 250 grams of protein.. Max what i could do was about 120 without supplements. Also i am not fucking rich. Can't i just set my calories intake goal and stick to it, while not giving a shit about macros? What are the consequences and how will it affect my gains?

Also QTDDTOT for meal if you want
>>
>>40688719
Prime rib is the easiest way for me to get protein.

It is also fucking expensive.

But I could sit down and eat 2-3lbs of prime rib in one go easy.
>>
Chicken and salmon every day

Also where the fuck are you getting 250 grams of protein post your calculation
>>
>>40688719
You don't need 250g. Get .7g of protein per lb you weigh.

Protein goal is important to hit. Consider eating eggs, lentils, and beans to hit it if money is an issue.
>>
>>40688747
He probably weighs 250 and bought into the 1g/lb meme >>40688756
>>
>>40688719
>250g of proteins
Luckily enough you don't need that much
>>
where the fuck does this meme that protein powder is expensive come from?
>>
>>40688756
Per lean lb you weigh. Which for most is a Max of 180 unless they've bee. Training for a while. 250 a day is fucking insane.
>>
>>40688756
. 7g per lb of lean body mass

So if you're 300 lbs but 40% bf then you need 300x(1-.4)x.7= 126g of protein
>>
>>40688776
Dunno about you anon but where I live buying frozen cuts of meat in bulk is much cheaper than protein powder. Also much tastier if you have a slow cooker or stew pot.
>>
>>40688776
$50 for a tub seems like a lot for a supplement on the side when you're starting out. You have to think about it in terms of $/day for a snack/small meal
>>
My lean weight is 153 and I fell for 1.5 grams per lb meme
It is something below 250, just rounded it up here, to add spice
>>
>>40688776
ON is about $1 per serving, and a serving has 24g of protein. A lb of chicken on sale is like $2-3 and has 100g of protein
>>
>>40688817
>1.5g per lb

Rip anon's kidneys
>>
>>40688817
1.5 g/lb is hilarious overkill

>>40688839
I'm with you but newbies see 50 bucks for what they think of as basically a vitamin and go no thanks. Once you start counting macros though its value is really clear
>>
>>40688719
You don't need 250g of protons.
>>
>>40688719
count the protein you get from grains such as rice, pasta, bread, etc and you'll see you'll get your daily requirements no problem
>>
>>40688852
Would too much protein really be bad? Wouldn't he just shit it out of his body doesn't need it?
>>
>>40688807
gram for gram I doubt that, more expensive initial purchase sure, but breaking down the macros of each I would really doubt that and I live in farmland so if anything meat is cheap as fuck here.
>>40688814
first of all you don't need to shill out on ON, there are plenty of decent proteins for less money granted they wont taste as good. Second if we're talking $/day even if you spent $50 on the ON that's 75 servings, so really 66 cents is too expensive of a snack for you?
>>
>>40688863
I think you misunderstood, his point was that chicken was better for the cost.

The only advantage for powder is if you are super fucking lazy and can't be assed to cook for yourself.
>>
>>40688891
What country is important. I live in the midwest USA and I can get enough meat to last me all year for about 500 bucks.
>>
>>40688912
I live in Vermont, it also depends on the kind of meat, beef is honestly pretty shit macros when you look at protein/calorie, that said I did buy a half cows worth of ground beef this past summer and have been working through it out of my deep freeze. I'm just saying that in the long run $50 is a pretty reasonable expense for what you get.
>>
OP here
Okay anons thanks for clearing this out. If it's 0.7 per lean lb, than i should consume about 123.
Also, is "protein supplements bad for your kindeys and health" a meme?
Once i heard it's only because bros consume it too much, which destroys their kindeys as any very high intake of protein would and if you use it just to meet your daily goals, it's good
>>
>>40688938
Personally I just use powder when I can't bother cooking, so its worth the convenience cost for me. I was just saying, for poor fags often focusing on cooking better is the best way to do it.

The gram/x thing is memed so hard here. It was originally a study suggesting like, .6gram per kg of bodyweight is necessary for muscle gain while using resistance training. How people turned that into 1gram per lbs is a mystery.
>>
>>40688948
Supplements themselves aren't bad for you as long as you buy from a reputable company. NEVER buy that muscle milk shit it has been tested time and time again has heavy metal in it. As you said the amount you consume is really what causes a potential threat, .7g/lb is generally safe
>>
>people that eat over 100-150g protein
cringe.
>>
>>40688878
>>40688880
>>40688984
So 120 grams of protein, which is 480 calories, how should i distribute fat and carbs, so I hit 2500 calories?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.