[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So lentils and rice are actually bad for muscle building?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1485889638991.jpg (93KB, 720x540px)
1485889638991.jpg
93KB, 720x540px
I thought I had it all figured out, but it turns out there are some things in lentils and rice that actually prevent you from absorbing protein. Is bodybuilding on a plant-based diet really a meme? I'm not that strict as a vegan, I don't care if I have to eat meat to build muscle just to clear things up. However I'd prefer to absord the least meat possible for the health benefits.

bogda
>>
>>40688672
citations pls.

Scientific proof the superiority of red beans and rice at last?
>>
>>40688687
there are many articles on this, however I'm lazy, have this
https://blog.bulletproof.com/revenge-of-the-beans-tomatoes-potatoes-lectins/
>>
>>40688724
All the references for that article are circular except for the one defining plant lectins.

It is also trying to sell me glucosomate supplements.

I don't think that's a good source anon.
>>
>>40688773
how about this?
http://www.livestrong.com/article/305368-list-of-foods-that-contain-lectin/
>>
>>40688847
>reading article
>see list of foods with lectins
nigga what the fuck am I supposed to eat besides meat?
>>
>>40688847
How about a scientific paper/website instead of a fucking blog? How about you learn how to read and understand scientific information before you shitpost?
>>
>>40688672
Anyone got a quick rundown on this meme?
>>
>>40688941
potatoes, tomatoes, all beans, certain cuts of meat, seafood, soy, all grains, name a vegetable, all contain a horrible toxin that causes arthritis, ibs, adhd, retardation, autism, cancer, AIDs, ebola, and genital warts.

If you buy one of the heavily marketed diet plans they will teach you how to avoid it in your diet.
>>
File: 1446073348665.jpg (110KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1446073348665.jpg
110KB, 420x420px
>>40688672
>mfw i just made a massive pot of rice, lentils and chicken.
>>
File: 1485926231029.png (71KB, 315x145px) Image search: [Google]
1485926231029.png
71KB, 315x145px
>>40689027
>>
>>40689027
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/against-the-grain-how-wheat-wrecks-your-health.html
>>
bogda bogda
>>
>>40688940
I found this
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19329389
>>
>>40689177
I was more making fun of the lectin thing.

The mechanism by which they believe wheat is bad for you is not the same there.
>>
>>40688687
actually they all cause leaky gut, lentils, rice and red beans all bad, no more muscle, don't worry, you can retire your bodybuilding career and be my personal onahole
>>
>>40689214

You didn't even read it, right?
>a total of 31 moderately malnourished 24 to 59 month old children convalescing from shigellosis were randomised to these three diets

This already makes the study completely irrelevant for healthy adults, but
>The results showed higher absorption of nitrogen and its balance from high protein diets whether derived from lentil or animal source, which may enhance tissue protein deposition. A lentil-based high protein diet, which is less expensive, may be useful for nutritional rehabilitation of moderately malnourished children.
This kills it
>>
>>40689772
>This kills it
I don't think it does, though it is worded quite strangely, early on in the study they mention that kids that consumed a diet without lentils were developing better
>>
>>40689787
well duh. they're still teaching big kids eating lentils how to poo in the loo.
>>
>>40689904
Toothbrush, toothpaste powerhouse all right here it is powerhouse god damn it
>>
>>40689787
Because lentils are pretty high in fiber and this can upset a little kid's intestine. In any case if they suggest lentils it means the difference is negligible. Again, you don't know how to read scientific papers
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.