[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegetables are so fucking low in nutrients, why eat them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: anzu adams apple.jpg (3MB, 1824x2635px) Image search: [Google]
anzu adams apple.jpg
3MB, 1824x2635px
What's the best vegetable?

I know, I know "eat all the veggies". But that's bullshit - most vegetables are horribly low in nutrients and mostly water anyway according to sites like nutritiondata.

There's not even a list or something to find out which vegetables are rich in more than one or two micros. It all seems like a big fake shit to me.

No vegetable can compete with, say, eggs or liver when it comes to micros.

Am I right here or am I looking at it wrong? Carrots are basically beta carotine and nothing else, asparagus is more or less pure water, just like cucumbers. Broccoli? Got C and some K, nothing else (raw, mind you, if you cook it, it gets even worse). Spinach, the touted super food, has good K ratings and a bit of A, nothing else.

What the hell, guys. Are veggies even healthy?
>>
Stop eating them for a year and see what happens.
>>
>>40685996
How the hell would you do that? meat and oats? Ugh.
>>
>>40685972
>Are veggies even healthy
Are you really that retarded to even ask this question
>>
>>40685972
A quick google search shows that spinach has a lot more micronutrients than what eggs have
>>
no they're not healthy they're a fucking meme shilled by the vegetable industry. why the fuck do you think they want us to eat "5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day"? fruits are nothing but carbs so they're useless too
>>
B8 thread
sage and move along guys.
>>
>>40686008
As someone who has been keto for like eight months, I'll tell you: lot of people mistakenly believe keto just means "nothing but meat and cheese". These people are the ones who never eat vegetables then complain keto makes them feel like shit.

You can eat a fuckload of vegetables and still barely eat any carbs.
>>
>>40686032
>post in here so OP gets replies
>move on
you already failed because OP will bump his thread replying to you. if you really want this thread to go away you don't reply to it at all.
>>
>>40686020
>Are you really that retarded to even ask this question
So what is healthy about them. It's not the micros (I can get them from a glass of juice and a multivitamin candy). Is it the water? the color?
>>
>>40686043
>get them from a glass of juice and a multivitamin candy
but you also get sugars from those which aren't helpful for say people on keto and others who are trying to cut down on sugar. vegetables are almost calorie-free micros, like multivitamin pills
>>
Most vegetarians need to take multivitamins to supplement their diet.
>>
Everything is a meme, all you need to eat is 10 lbs of ground beef every day, everything else utter waste of time and will ruin your gains from all the wasted chewing
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.