[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i do jump rope instead of run. will i live ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

i do jump rope instead of run.

will i live ?
>>
/jumper/ here

of course bro

make sure to do weighted jump ropes as you get better
>>
>>40683989
thats good idea.

for now i'm working up slow. i went to crazy back in october and got stress fracture. so took time off and now increasing very slowlyly. then will work in the different types of jump, then def weight the ropes that sounds cool
>>
>>40684007
yeah man, if you want top quality ropes go on crossrope.com

If not
then go on amazon and getadler ropes, theyre slightly cheaper

then when you think your ready get a pair of gloves and try this bastard: https://www.amazon.com/Rope-Fit-1-5-Heavy-Jump/dp/B00FB3GLUO/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1489381258&sr=8-6&keywords=weighted+heaVY+ROPE
>>
>>40684034
that looks badass thanks
>>
>>40684054
anytime my dude
>>
Why not both?

I do two minutes of jump rope before I do sprints
>>
do both
>>
>>40684098
>>40684115

i hate running
>>
>>40684140
that's why I do sprints

all the benefits of running cut down to ~4 minutes
>>
>>40684140
i did too then you get better at it and it becomes fun
>>
>>40684140
Human's are meant to run. Force yourself through it for like 2 weeks and it'll become easy, fun and natural for you.
>>
>>40684007
Stress fracture?? Where in your foot? Leg??
>>
>>40684214
ya in my shin somewhere
>>
>>40684234
What was the rehab process?
>>
>>40684248
wait 6-8 weeks . this happened to me a few years ago from going couch to jump rope and running. doc had me stay off it for a while - took forever to heal cuz it was bad

so soon as i felt anyhing this time i stopped and waited. now starting a gain very slow -

couch25k is a good app and got me going one time without getting shin splints or anything. so the idea of going very slow and taking days off in bdtween when in the beginning is good
>>
>>40684278
Be thankful you didint end up with stressfractures in your back bro.
I had L5 stress fractures on both sides when I was 14 from playing too much basketball.
Rehab was 6months no running, doing only abb exercises and slow stationary bike. Then 3months light running then after that it was fine.

What fucked me was the pain felt muscular so I thought I could just workout harder/ stretch more and eventually it would go away. Just keeps getting worse if you dont rest though as you know aswell.
>>
you'll be fine

more importantly, you'll never complain about the size of calves
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.