[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saunas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: sauna.jpg (163KB, 980x653px) Image search: [Google]
sauna.jpg
163KB, 980x653px
Are saunas a good way to help shed pounds/calories when beginning a fitness routine? I'm 5'9" 232 lbs fat fuck trying to turn my health around for the first time, and a classmate told me saunas a good way to speed up the calorie burning process. I've also heard they can help "cleanse" the body?
>>
saunas can be relaxing for some, but that's pretty much where the benefits end. it will not help you lose any weight(in fact, excessive heat has been to slow down the metabolism by a negligible amount)

any weight lost as a result of the sauna is literally just water, and cleansing is a meme. If you enjoy the sauna, go for it, but it certainly will not help you in any way.
>>
Yeah everything he said is true. They cleanse you so well. Just bee urself xD inside and you'll come out feeling brand new.

I also recommend 20 sit ups everyday to reduce the fat at your tummy so you get flat abs in no time. If you want to save time, to your tummy tucks inside the sauna.
>>
>>40683820
They're to die for
>>
They just make you sweat. I sit in a sauna for a bit before I go workout to help warm me up and afterwards because I do my stretches in it.
>>
>>40683820
>classmate told me saunas a good way to speed up the calorie burning process.

Everyone laughs at you
>>
Acta Physiol Scand. 1986 Nov;128(3):467-70.
Endocrine effects of repeated sauna bathing.

Leppäluoto J, Huttunen P, Hirvonen J, Väänänen A, Tuominen M, Vuori J.
Abstract
Ten healthy male and seven female volunteers were exposed to dry heat (in a Finnish sauna 80 degrees C) 1 h twice a day for 7 days. The levels of ACTH in plasma, cortisol, TSH, thyroid hormones, testosterone, gonadotropins, prolactin and GH in serum and urinary excretion of catecholamines were determined before the experiment, and on the first, third and seventh days. Females participated only in prolactin studies. During the experiments there were no statistically significant changes in serum thyroid hormones, TSH, testosterone, FSH and LH levels. Serum cortisol and plasma ACTH decreased and urinary catecholamine increased slightly at the end of the experiment (P less than 0.05). Serum GH and prolactin in males exhibited 16- and 2.3-fold increases (P less than 0.01), respectively. In females serum prolactin rose over four-fold (P less than 0.01). The GH rise in response to hyperthermia declined after the third day but prolactin remained elevated at the end of the experiments in males. The release of prolactin in females was also high and may be associated with the transient amenorrhoea that occurred in five out of seven subjects after the experiment. The increased release of prolactin and perhaps that of GH may be associated to the heat-exposure-induced dehydration.

>tl;dr dry saunas raise HGH levels
>>
>>40683865
Serverely underrated post
And i hate you for making it at all
>>
>>40683865
i came into this thread to see this post
>>
>>40684685
Don't hate me, hate that stupid faggot for dying in such a gay place.
>>
They are good for your skin and can help with muscle soreness post workout. That's about it.
>>
File: IMG_0025.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0025.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>40684703
>Don't hate me, hate that stupid faggot for dying in such a gay place.

pPPFFHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHA
>>
>>40683892
For a couple days it says.. Also this is mostly discussing effects on women. Anything else interesting in the study such as effects on testosterone or on cortisol? Also how about steam rooms and hot-to-cold temperature shifts like people do with the ice dunk after steaming, I've always noticed a lot of benefits from this personally.
>>
>>40683820
http://www.aston.ac.uk/sport/news/benefits-of-sauna-and-steam-rooms/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11165553
>>
No but they can help with if you're trying to quit something like smoking cause it withdrawals the nicotine faster from your body. Go for three days or so in a row and apparently it helps a lot.
>>
>>40683820
No. To increase metabolism either work out or go into a cold environment. Your body uses energy to stay warm. All it does to stay cool is release water.

By the way. If you're dehydrated your metabolism can drop as much as 30%.
>>
>>40683849
This is a meme. Situps will build a good looking core so when you cut you will see abs. You cant spot reduce fat though...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.