[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /fit/ High reps and low weight or low reps and high weight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: alone.jpg (12KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
alone.jpg
12KB, 236x236px
So /fit/

High reps and low weight or low reps and high weight?
>>
E X P L O S I V E

MEDIUM WEIGHTS WITH FAST REPS
>>
>>40683247
Reps with weight while high, naw'msayn?
>>
>>40683247
Lower weights=Lower Volume= Less gains. If you do low reps with high weight you activate type 2 muscle fibers which are used in strength and size.
>>
>>40683500
>Lower weights=Lower Volume= Less gains
source?
>>
>>
File: 1346404130145.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1346404130145.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>
>>40683514
Muscles under longer tension create a quicker build up of lactic acid. So it makes sense you have to lower the weight for the higher reps scheme. And a key component of making gains is the weight of the object. That's why people stay between the 6-14 reps programs for strength and conditioning. And endurance athletes go 14+ when training
>>
>>40683247
Because its just that simple.
>>
7 reps, medium weight
>>
>>40683577
Pretty sure lactic acid isn't what builds muscles. Tearing muscle fibers and rebuilding them builds muscles.
>>
File: svalmörd the defiler.jpg (118KB, 586x436px) Image search: [Google]
svalmörd the defiler.jpg
118KB, 586x436px
>>40683247
5 reps always for everything any weight until Ragnarök or kill
>>
>>40683661
its like this.
Imagine if someone gave you two workouts you could do.
Workout A: 3x8x75=1800
Workout B:3x10x60=1800
its technically the same amount of work. But you're more likely to burn out on workout B compared to A. So it's more efficient just to lift heavy and lower compared to lighter and higher, Save time and effort and get more shit done in the gym.
>>
>>40683808
Oh I agree with you, its just that lactic acid has almost nothing to do with it. Pretty sure all lactic acid does is make you sore.
>>
>>40683247

Why not both?

Pyramids.
>>
>>40683543
this tbqh famalam
>>
>>40683622
someone post the 7 rep chart
>>
>>40683247
High reps AND high weight
Just do a fuck load of sets of 5-2 reps desu senpai
>>
>>40683247
Both. Have intensity days and volume days
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.