[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Compounds only vs Mixed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: compound-movements.jpg (110KB, 680x454px) Image search: [Google]
compound-movements.jpg
110KB, 680x454px
What have you gotten the most results from?
>>
Compounds.

I've played with it a lot.
>>
>>40678314
OHP for upper body, needs a lot of volume
>>
Compounds are the meat and isolations are the veg.

Both are important for a good meal, and some faggots will claim they only eat meat like a "real man". But they're just insecure fuccbois at heart.
>>
heavy compounds at the beginning of a workout for strength

isolations with more reps at the end for building mass
>>
>>40678381
This is what I was about to start doing so that's good
>>
>>40678464

it sounds like bro science because theoretically both high-rep and low-rep sets should build strength and muscle mass but in my experience they provide different things
>>
>>40678479
Brown science is real, m8.
>>
>>40678620
*Bro
Fucking phone.
>>
>>40678206
>Compounds are the cornerstone
>Isolation is just meh. It's good for hitting your areas that are not getting enough attention from heavy lifts because they are overshadowed by other muscle groups taking a disproportionate load of the weight.
>EG: OHP from behind neck may use for lats so toward the end of the workout I'm finna do raisers from the side (which is one of the most isolated exercises for delts) to hit my shoulders because I feel like the lats did a lot of the work.
>I also feel like certain areas such as the rear delts and triceps need routine isolation training in order to have a good healthy sized arm.
>>
File: 1478504886299.jpg (14KB, 240x218px) Image search: [Google]
1478504886299.jpg
14KB, 240x218px
>>40678206
>>40678811
Another thing is that most Push-Pull-Legs routine start with the compounds and work toward isolation as a basic philosophy. Start with the larger muscles which seem to dominate compound exercises and then work toward the arms with isolation. You can keep the weight high as well while doing this and get a really good result.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.