[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flexibility?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Flexibilty.jpg (56KB, 566x350px) Image search: [Google]
Flexibilty.jpg
56KB, 566x350px
I'm 20 is it too late to become properly flexible?

I've heard the flexibility you gain wont be true flexibility ,but rather the nerves tolerating the pain of stretching and also the muscles becoming weaker to the forces of a stretch.
At least that what Ive heard, I'm hoping its bs.

I've been doing a lot of body weight, and I feel inspired to use my body to its full range of motion.
>>
>>40677316
bump
>>
I dunno 28 here and couldn't put my feet completely flat in a squat position until a year ago due to tight calves. all good now though
>>
>>40677316
I dont know about that but your connective tissue is almost inert in adulthood and has very little capacity to heal or grow.

Tbh the cut off for real development is probably pre-pubertal.
>>
>>40677790
citation needed.
>>
>>40677859
Eh, im a med student and its just recalled from first year lectures. The first part is absolutely true, as for the age that was just a guess.
>>
>>40677859
>>40677879
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3633810/
>>
>>40677928
There you go, explains why im so fucking useless at pilates and stretches due to a childhood spent playing videogames...
>>
>>40677790
Would you say its a bad idea to continue doing a flexibility routine? If its mostly inert I dont want to do serious damage.
>>
>>40677928
>>40677970
Man let get this straight, you can get flexible as adult, but you won't achieve the same level as an individual with training since early age, let alone a amateur athlete, as fast as you would think but it is possible.
>>
>>40678163
No, but dont expect any great changes. You'll barely get anywhere
>>
>>40678468
You wont achieve the same level, speedily or otherwise.
>>
>>40678625
Sorry for not adding that in the end, captcha bugged, caught my attention. You are correct but a decent level can be attained, it is never too late to for self improvement.
>>
>>40678683
Yeah, you can always be better, I was just being realistic so OP doesnt get frustrated. I once spent a year getting up to touching my toes and after a few months off totally i was back to barely past my knees.
>>
File: 1378820029096.jpg (25KB, 284x271px) Image search: [Google]
1378820029096.jpg
25KB, 284x271px
So will my right hip flexor and left hammie forever be doomed?!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.