[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: c&j 65kg.webm (1012KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
c&j 65kg.webm
1012KB, 480x270px
also rate my form
>>
>>40675741
your not completing the third pull properly, and end up jumping forward to catch the weight. You need to fully extend the hips before going under the bar.
>>
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>40675782
This
>>
is that my olympicfu
>>
>>40675782
How to fix
>>
>>40675782
it's not hip extention that's the problem it's knee extension.
>>40675741
at the moment you're only extending your hips - throwing your shoulders back and your hips forward. Triple extension should be hips, knees and ankles, extending your body straight up, similar to if you do a standing vertical jump. work on doing pulls and extending vertically.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iEx7N78iK8
see how they hold that top position, trying to stay as tall as possible.

jerk isn't too bad, don't pick your heels up, they should come up with extension then just slide feet out into catch position. you're obviously pretty new at this, a lot of things should iron themselves out with practice. find a coach if you dont have one.
>>
>>40676823
>extension then just slide feet out into catch position.
Stop this klokov shit. It doesn't really help beginners who don't understand how to get under the barbell or how to extend properly. They should focus on understanding
1) How to extend powerfully
2) How to get under the bar fast

After those are starting to look good, you can start to hone. Sliding the feet isn't even really anything special, there are many who use it and many who don't. Do it only if you have a coach who is teaching you that. If you don't have a coach, learn to extend and get under the bar, after that look what things help you with tech.
>>
>>40676919
Cont.

Here's a lifter who picks his feet up a lot. What he still does, is extending powerfully and getting under the bar fast. I think this is easier for a beginner to do naturally, than thinking about sliding his feet instead of just pulling yourself under the barbell to a catch position
>>
>>40676960
Forgot the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UVMFrik_WQ
>>
How can I learn form properly by myself
I gave clean a try with 85lb and ended up with a little back pain the rest of that day
>>
>>40676919
>>40676960
>>40676971
it's not 'klokov shit', it's what the vast majority of lifters do, even those who do have a more exaggerated stamp such as maligov don't actually pull their heels back they just pick their feet up. posting one successful lifter who does it (who has two doping bans and arguably messy technique no matter how powerful he is) isn't evidence of it being a good idea. In my experience when begginers actively stomp they often go in the other direction to what you're saying and end up cutting pull short.

Anyway I was specifically talking about her jerk, show me a successful lifter who power jerks picking their feet up like she does
>>
>>40675741

any one got the google docs links and stretching guides?
>>
>>40678587
It's actually more rare to see a lifter sliding his feet than a lifter pulling himself to a power position with picked feet (it's not stomping)

>show me a successful lifter who power jerks picking their feet up like she does
Tbh i don't know that many power jerkers by name, because its pretty rare to do it. And those who i know, don't spread their feet at all (like Apti Aukhadov) - they just extend fast and go under the bar fast. But keep in mind, Aukhadov also picks his feet up like crazy in the snatch, so its not about keeping feet close to the platform on the way down
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.