[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sobriety General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1488527702889.jpg (18KB, 520x326px) Image search: [Google]
1488527702889.jpg
18KB, 520x326px
Has anyone managed to lose weight just by cutting out alcohol entirely (not making any other significant changes to their diet)? And if so, how much and how long did it take you?

Also /sobriety/ general I guess
>>
OP here, *how much did you lose
>>
bump. does this board only accept total shitposts, or what?
>>
My grandpa said that if you wanted to lose weight then the two things you need to get rid of are booze and bread.
>>
>>40671958
started getting fit almost a year ago. Back then I would usually go to bed with at least a couple of pints in me, every day (by at least I mean that it would usually go as far a 3L of beer, a full bottle of wine or half a bottle of whiskey). Since then I've managed to cut back, only drink about once or twice a week (although I usually get smashed). In the first months I only ran and did a few calisthenics exercises at home, nothing fancy, nothing incredible. Managed to lose about 8 Kg in 6 months (80 -> 72). Now I'm going to the gym and trying to eat more to regain mass but mainly muscle, gone to 75Kg, hope to get back to 80Kg with only lean mass in the next 6 months.
>>
>>40672238
>Thanks grandpa
>*Pops open a can of coke*
>>
>>40671958
I've definitely dropped a bit since I quit drinking. The real gain is not feeling like shit all the time desu.
>>
>>40671958
I haven't lost any weight as that was not my intention, but I was extremely busy for about 3 months, so haven't had any booze during this time. Before that I got really shitfaced at least once a week for about 3 to 4 years. Anyway, I went out last week and felt so fucking bad the day after, so I decided to quit or at least keep the drinking to an absolute minimum, I feel so much better now.
>>
I started losing weight on Feb 1st and have gone from 205 - 182, this naturally included quitting drinking.

It's hard. I'd really like some light beer but it's difficult to fit it into 1.5kcal. I drank on my 4 weeks in, /fit/ recommended neat vodka and oh god, I felt like shit. I was a heavy drinker before, and I dunno if my tolerance has just gone or if it's the not being able to pad out the hangover by eating shit, but it did not go well.

Was thinking of going back to weed but it'll probably just kill my motivation.
>>
>>40671958
Currently sober alcoholic here. I've been without a drop for 2 years now. Lost 8 Kg in the first few months and finally said goodbye to skinnyfat mode.
>>
Hmm ironically I just got drunk for the first time last night. It was pretty weird never drank before.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.