[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Protein Bars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Hello everyone. I started lifting about 3 weeks ago and I struggle to eat the amount of calories & protein I need to put on muscle in a day. Are there are there any protein bars that you can recommend? I'm not really looking for 100% pure protein here as added calories for me is no problem. I like pic related, I picked them up a couple of times when I needed a granola bar-ish thing in the afternoon. Also, are protein shakes a meme? I don't want to be carrying around a fucking blender bottle looking like a douche, but would adding some protein powder to a yogurt shake at the end of the day be a good idea?
>>
drink milk

16oz is around 275-300 calories and 16g protein
>>
>>40671470
just drink more milk
>>
File: 1467778575129.jpg (27KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1467778575129.jpg
27KB, 288x288px
Neat I didn't know about milk.
>>
>>40671477
Fuck wrong image
>>
You can't drink a 6 oz protein shake in one setting?

What the fuck? You don't really get any easier than this.

Drink two scoops of protein shake with 16 oz of milk.

That's like 76g protein and just eat food dude. Chicken cheese yogurt and shit
>>
>>40671520
I haven't done protein shakes yet, I don't really know if they're a meme or what I just started 3 weeks ago.

Right now I typically eat two chicken breasts a day and two eggs. Honestly I'm a light eater, I usually only have two meals a day, lunch and dinner. My metabolism is also pretty high.

t. skinny white boy
>>
>>40671571
>not eating five dozen eggs a day
>>
>>40671571
hi, fellow skinny white boy here

protein powder is not a meme, you can get the "noob gains" and make good progress, but it will come to a standstill at some point for awhile, that protein is good for getting through that. it's like a boost really, imagine doing 50 sit ups, with the powder it would be like doing 55 or 60 if that makes sense, so if you're pushing yourself you will make faster gains than without it. just get the cheap muscle milk brand powder at costco or something, but you need a shit ton of hydration when you take it, also prob 2 showers a day or have fun with back acne and shit cuz you'll be sweating more

calorie intake is something i struggle with, i get 1500 calories a day, blending fruit and stuff is a good way to get calories, drinking is easier than eating for me
>>
>>40671619
I sit at the same 1500 cals a day, really. I'm not really in it for the gains per say, more just to get into a routine so when I hit 30 I don't become a fat. At the same time, I'll take the gains and try to eat healthier/more if I can. Trying to change my lifestyle moreso than seeking muscle but I'll take what I can get and try to gain some if I can.
>>
>>40671609
If I eat that much I will be able to gas the jews np.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.