[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meal Frequency

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: meal.jpg (141KB, 1101x591px) Image search: [Google]
meal.jpg
141KB, 1101x591px
The sticky says one thing, and every other website on the planet says another.

Pic related is only one example of thousands, taken from bodybuilding.com.

From personal experience I know that I feel better when eating more often, but /fit/ insists in telling me it's placebo and I'm retarded.

Let's settle this. Does it fucking matter?
>>
>i feel better when eating more often
then eat more often
people have gotten great results by eating x8 a day
others have gotten good results by doing IF

do whichever makes you feel the best, all the while staying within your caloric limits

i would imagine that meal frequency has little to no impact on your gains
but since we're all on a mongolian cep flexin website, i will echo your question
does meal frequency matter (even though we all know whatever impact it has is very small)
>>
>>40668483
No, it doesn't.
However, one thing that image has right is that you can't eat a lot of calories in one sitting (if you're bulking). 3000 calories seems like too little for 3 meals, but it's almost impossible for just 1. Even if you're eating nothing but bacon and meat.
>>
>>40668508
this, idiot

also higher meal frequency has its place. people with low blood sugar shouldn't be doing IF, 1-2 huge meals within a short time period can cause digestion problems, bloating, etc.

hurr leangaynez

its not a fucing panacea. just do what works for you, and be sensible. if you're taking 10 different expensive supplements because you swear they work, you're an idiot. But when it comes to something like this, it's pure preference.
>>
>>40668483
I eat when I'm hungry. Works great.
>>
>>40668483
meal timing is not as important as calorie and protein intake, but saying it doesn't matter at all is also wrong

you ideally do want something in you before training and something soon after
>>
>>40668606
i dont think OP is asking about meal timing, but is asking about meal frequency

but fwiw, eric helms also said that there may be a slight benefit to getting food or protein right after you workout
eric helms also said that the research isnt sturdy enough to draw a strong conclusion and basically said "it doesnt hurt to have a protein shake after you workout, but youre not gonna lose all yuor gains just because you missed that post workout shake"
>>
>>40668483
Meal frequency hold the same relevance as much meal timing: No as much as you would think, if any at all, besides IF, eating 2-5 times a day doesn't matter, as long as you are eating properly.
>>
listen, it all depends on the context. There are only certain amount of calories your body can absorb at one sitting. If you are a larger individual with faster metabolism, then that person usually gets away with eating 1000+ caloric meals without a problem. However, a smaller framed individual that has slower metabolism or have physiology where they are insulin resistant (higher than 15% bf usually) then no it is not a good idea to eat a 1000 caloric meal because your body wasn't designed to make use of 1000 calories right away without storing as fat. If you ate a meal and feel bloated, thats a sign that your having more than your body can handle. Insulin plays a big part, as well as the contents of the meal, general rule is dont mix fat and carbs together.
>>
>>40668627

Which is true but if you want to promote growth/recovery you should take some high gi carbs + protein to break that fast. Just becareful because high insulin spikes will cause you to go reactive hypoglycemic, trust me it happened to me once and it almost killed me. Anyways post "protein" shake may not make much difference but boy post carbs are probably a must. For the sake of feeling recovered quicker.
>>
>>40668483
Having a protein source of around 35-50g every 4-6 hours is all that matters.
>>
>>40668991

Where the fuck are you getting that notion from where you NEED to have it at certain time? your body doesnt break down your protein from muscle when it has plenty of access to energy from your fat storage. Doesn't make sense physiology wise, this is why fasting doesnt make you lose lean mass. However, protein is needed for the "recovery" and "growth" aspect after micro tearing them apart from training. As long as you get it all before bed that meets your macros you should be fine.
>>
>>40668991
pretty sure this is false
too lazy to dig up sources

>mfw havent been waking up in middle of night for that every 4 hour shake
>>
>>40668483
it's very simple

if you're a normal functioning human being with a full time job and have something approaching a social life, you will be hard pressed to find time to have more than three meals a day. if you do have time, then you could be spending it doing something more productive.
>>
>>40668483
> not on Warrior Diet
> not eating one meal a day
r u even trying bruh
>>
>>40668525
Idk about you but I can eat an entire chicken in one sitting easily and im not even fat
>>
this board is full of the most abject morons pretending they have the slightest idea of what they're talking about

i suggest if you want good advice you look elsewhere
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.