[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tendons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Doctor Manhatttan.jpg (139KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Manhatttan.jpg
139KB, 360x480px
What are the best supplements and recovery methods for Tendinopathies? I'm suffering from triceps and forearms tendinosis from doing some stupid stuff in the gym. Currently taking 3000mg Fish oil and 2250mg glucosamine daily, doing deep tissue massage and stretching/mobility work.
>>
bump-aronie
>>
>>40658151
Drink lots of water, get lots of rest, do what your doctor/physio/etc tells you but also remain vigilant on how you respond to it. Gl
>>
Bump. Back of my elbow has been hurting for months. Have taking week off several time to remedy. No fix. Doesn't hurt when working out
>>
>>40658151
bumping
>>
which exercises instigated these injuries?
>>
>>40658151
seems good man, fish oil for anti inflammatory and glucosamine keeps joints strong, don't go over board with stretching and make sure you're stretching with a purpose and that the stretch is helping you and not harming you. other than that hot showers/sauna to help a little more blood flow get to them joints and cold showers/icing down joints to keep inflammation. I like that youre not dependent on ibuprofen or any other NSAID, those things ruined my stomach big time
>>
The only things I have found that help with my cases of tendinitis are full range high reps and assisted slow eccentric reps (https://youtu.be/a-4tQxO8_QU).
>>
>>40658151
What helped me is avoiding high weight exercises for those specific tendons (bicep tendon so no heavy overhead press, no curls no Olympic lifts etc) and focused on low weight 3x15 mobility and rotator cuff exercises. After 3 months of this I was completely healed and slowly progressed back to heavy weights, havent had problems since.
>>
>>40658151
>>40661353
Also I did a full 4 weeks off ibuprofen 600mg 3 times per day as an anti inflammatory, studies are controversial about if it helps but my gut feeling said it does. The risk is that its also analgesic so the pain becomes less quickly but that doesn't mean its healed yet, slow and steady is the clue to heal up the most efficiently.
>>
Bone soup and eating cartilages.
>>
>>40660423
Squats
Bench press
Deadlift
Bicep curls
Leg curls
Leg extensions
Shoulder/Overhead press
Triceps pushdowns
Kickbacks
Lat pull
Pull ups
Chin ups
Rowing
Running
Wrist curls
Butterfly
Reverse flies
Lateral raises
Push ups
Leg press
and most other exercises not on this list
>>
BPC-157
>>
pendlay rows seem to hurt my tendons. Am i doing this wrong, should i stretch, or is it something else?
>>
For most people who go untrained into sports stuff like this will play a role sooner or later. The only way to avoid this and injury in general is to prepare your tendons, ligaments etc. in a sufficient way before upping the stress/load on your body. this is especially an issue in weightlifting, gymnastics and other strength orientated sports, because progress is primarily achieved by muscular development. the problem with this is that tendons develop and adapt to new stress way slower than muscles. this is one of the reasons that weightlifting has a reputation to be unhealthy. because unprepared and incorrect progression inherits injuries but is often misunderstood by beginners.
so what do you have to do? you have to progress slower, so your tendons may catch up with the progress of your muscles. you have to incorporate deload weeks and special preperation for your joints and tendons into your schedule. concerning the elbow those might be novel movements and exercise which target (1) the wrist flexors (2) the wrist extensors (3) the finger extensors and (4) the finger flexors. Also work on mobility of the wrist and shoulders. For specific exercises consult google/YouTube. also more information might be found by looking up the "tennis elbow" and "golfers elbow" and how to fix those.
>>
>>40658151
> I'm suffering from triceps and forearms tendinosis
How can one prevent this?

>>40661859
bad form or what?
>>
>>40663017
>how can one prevent this

read
>>40662988
>>
>>40661363
>ibuprofen 600mg 3 times per day
This too much, especially for 4 weeks
Do 400mg and alternate with naproxen or something else next time
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.