[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Avoiding Snacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: dorito.jpg (24KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
dorito.jpg
24KB, 500x313px
Oi /fit/ I want to get thinner but my family constantly buys junk food from the store.

I've heard that the classic way to avoid snackage is to drink tons, and it's worked decently well, Hell I even started sucking on peppercorns just to have something to chew slowly.

What other meme magic can be used to stop myself from gorging on girl scout cookies and nacho cheese?
>>
Just don't eat them.
>>
>>40655286
it's very hard to do if your family keeps buying junk food. go read latest journal articles on human will, there's a lot of consensus that trying to will yourself not to do something is practically impossible. instead you have to create an environment where there is nothing encouraging you into that habit.

in this case, you have to tell your parents to stop buying junk food. i eat damn healthy and would consider myself quite disciplined (e.g., i haven't had soda or fast food in years) but whenever my mum buys some crisps or biscuits i almost always grab one or two.
>>
>>40655286
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Eating Trash Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Kitchen Like Nigga Close Your Mouth Haha
>>
>>40655357
This guy get it
10/10
>>
>>40655357
yep this
I have no problem when I'm at home with my gf
but when i go to my parent's house I eat like a pig
>>
Bruh, you a weak willed faggot. No questions. You aren't cursed to failure by it though. Just find some shit you can zone out on. Video games, anime, building model trains, it doesn't fucking matter. Just distract yourself from the fact that there's even a kitchen in your house.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>instead you have to create an environment where there is nothing encouraging you into that habit.
>in this case, you have to tell your parents to stop buying junk food.
By the same logic an alternative solution would be to separate your food containers from your families and thus they can keep their junkfoods in one cupboard which you never access. This will have the added benefit of encouraging you to cook and take more responsibility and buy your own foods

>>40655286
>What other meme magic can be used to stop myself from gorging on girl scout cookies and nacho cheese?
>Meal prep and regular managed calories
>Cut out processed foods
>Eat more vegetables
>IF
>More exercise and acitivity
>Being busy/active during times when you would normally binge eat
>Replacing foods with lower calorie alternatives
>Eating regular meals consistently
>>
think of how disgusting fat people are
>>
I'm getting actual responses, where the fuck am I?
>>
>>40655286
drink black coffee instead until you no longer have cravings for said snack

worked for me after like 2 weeks of drinking black coffee in place of cravings and I don't touch junk food/snacks anymore
>>
>>40655286
super easy. just eat oatmeal. fills your stomach with fiber, you won't feel like eating anything for the next few hours.

or don't buy snacks in the first place? wtf
>>
>>40655286

>>40655286

My family will do the same shit man.

When I first started eating healthier and especially when I started losing weight,
they'd always go out to eat and beg me to join them, show up at the house with fast
food and eat it in front of me, joke about my dieting, etc.

It's funny because they are all morbidly obese people who are addicted to food. Luckily,
I broke that family addiction myself and have completely went from a tub of lard to a
very fit looking person with visible abs, nice frame, etc. (it wasn't easy)

Despite all of this, they still make fun of me. I always find it funny because I'm
the only person in my family who can actually walk around the grocery store without
looking like they're going to pass out.

*Advice*

Use their obviously spiteful behavior towards you as motivation brah. Just make up your mind
that you aren't going to cheat. Yes, you'll be hungry at first, but keep a picture of before you
started losing weight on your phone so you can look at it when you're contemplating on cheating.

It's always helped me "stay the course". Also, come here to talk about this stuff. Believe it or not,
there are a lot of Anons on here that will give you motivating advice or just tell you how it is without beating around the bush.
>>
>>40655924
No. He doesn't need to eat any uneccessary energy.
>>
>>40655286
Use smaller portions then and space out your meals. If you have all your meals prepared in the morning it is even easier to keep track.
>>
>>40655286
>What other meme magic can be used to stop myself from gorging on girl scout cookies and nacho cheese?
will power, shit brains.
>>
>>40655286
Find healthy replacements for the cravings.
Craving salt? Try a serving (and ONLY get a serving) of pretzel sticks and peanut butter
Craving sweet? Find a vegan or paleo version. They're usually lower in sugar, carbs, calories, everything sweets have too much of. Sometimes just eating a small handful of chocolate chips is enough for me though (Dark chocolate). Fruit works too, it'll get you used to natural sweetness.

etc.

Just ignoring the craving all together might make you cave or worse, binge on the junk food alternative, but finding a better replacement is key.

Chia pudding works wonders for sweet tooth too.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.