[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i find reasons to live? I had few things in mind i would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1478256836147.jpg (10KB, 250x246px) Image search: [Google]
1478256836147.jpg
10KB, 250x246px
How do i find reasons to live? I had few things in mind i would like to do last year and every single one failed. I had plans for this year but as those things come closer i don't want to do them anymore. I wish i could enjoy small things like eating shitty food and playing video games but unfortunately i can't anymore. At this point im really considering visiting a doctor to seek for help.
>>
File: image.jpg (165KB, 920x635px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 920x635px
Come into the light brother
>>
File: elini.jpg (235KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
elini.jpg
235KB, 960x960px
>>40643392
I unironically live for this.
>>
I feel you OP. I've been trying to get an internship for my degree and I haven't had a single Interview. I also ran out of money for classes so now I'm actually a fucking NEET and it kills me every time I think about it.
>>
>>40643392
Tbqh the only thing I consistently look forward to anymore is going to the gym and training.

I used to love making music and art and it was my goal to make a living, or at least a small side-income, off the art I made. In the past ~3 months though that part of me has almost completely died and it worries me. I have no drive to create anymore and I don't know why.

I still get mild satisfaction from passive entertainment like TV, video games, and weed...but after work and the gym I almost just want to fast forward to the next day so I can make a little more progress training.

Not too long ago I would have used those extra hours to make something or practice some creative ideas...I just don't have any drive to do it anymore and it makes me sad. I'm worried that it will never come back.
>>
>>40643414
Does this girl even own a pair of pants
>>
>>40643392
I lift to look good in a suit for when I finally kill myself
>>
Make some bros. Do fun shit with them.

I probably would've killed myself if I didn't have my group of 4-5 friends that I hang with a couple of times a week.
>>
>>40643698
> After work and the gym I almost just want to fast forward to the next day so I can make a little more progress training.

This hit me so hard. Thought i was the only person who got this feeling
>>
>>40643847
>Make some bros
Life is not that easy. Almost 10 years passed since i've finished school and never made any friends. I have only one friend, i know him for 20 years or something. I sometimes talk with him but he has a serious job, wife and a child so we can't hang out like in the past.
>>
>>40643392

Sounds like you have an aversive personality.

Unless you've gone and tried every art, activity, book, etc. you are acting under the assumption that you are incapable of enjoying any. That meaning is impossible for you because you've "figured it all out."

Absolutely go talk to a professional about this, because it's pervasive. Otherwise, I'd take a look at what you're afraid of and stop being afraid of it.
>>
I don't know man, I'm in the same boat, completely fucked my life up, I will probably end up as an example of what not to be to everyone around me.

The only thing that unironically makes me feel alright anymore is just a cup of good green or white tea.
>>
>>40643999
Im not trying anything because i don't even feel like trying, it's not interesting enough.

>I'd take a look at what you're afraid of and stop being afraid of it
it's too late to be afraid, my life is already fucked up beyond repair
>>
>>40643392

What about you stop being such a fucking loser and actually go through with things for a change?
>>
>>40644151
>go through with things
what do you mean by this?
>>
>>40644208

You "failed" those things last year because you can't follow through. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and just do them.

>I had plans for this year but as those things come closer i don't want to do them anymore
You know when you're about to go out and get that feeling that you'd rather stay at home? And then you go out and actually have a good time?

This is the same. Just do them, even if you don't want to. You'll probably not regret it.

Or you could just lie down and wait to die...
>>
>>40644310
>You "failed" those things last year because you can't follow through
Honestly, it wasn't my fault. I had serious unexpected health problems which stopped me from achieving my fitness goals. There were other things besides fitness but i don't want to go into details.

>You know when you're about to go out and get that feeling that you'd rather stay at home? And then you go out and actually have a good time?
never experienced "going out and having a good time" in my entire life

>This is the same. Just do them, even if you don't want to. You'll probably not regret it.
but those plans require money and if i blow it i will be literally fucked with no way out, this is why im having second thoughts about everything
>>
>>40644131

I'm sorry you feel this way, anon. You must be suffering a lot.

Force yourself to do something. Try connecting with more people about really stupid things. Not even an activity. Make yourself talk about something with people. Start small.

TELL yourself that you're enjoying things. Even if you're not: what do you stand to lose? The perspective that things are hopeless? Does that perspective give you grounding, sanctuary, or comfort? It is doing nothing for you.

Will you feel silly for saying to yourself: "I'm enjoying this walk?" Why would you feel anything but curiosity for it? "Curious: that I'm claiming in my head to enjoy things I don't enjoy." No one knows you're doing it but you, there is no one to judge you.

Your brain can be re-wired but you have to want it, sincerely. You also have to be willing to put in the work. There is nothing to be afraid of.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.